Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ValerieSchomburg Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 10:14:43 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1633 time(s) in 1499 post(s)
I went to M's today to check out the cartridges they had on sale. Took the card to counter to purchase and they tell me it was one they didn't have. I told them they should remove all of the cards for the cartridge from the display if they don't have it. They had at least 6 or eight of them. The cashier told me they couldn't do that. I just shook my head and left.

They are sometimes so lame at that store! But I still like to shop M's. I don't know why I do!

Went to J's and found it for less anyway. Just didn't know if I was going to be able to get to J's since I had my sons with me today. We were all shopping together. Had a good time too spending time with them. The J's I went to was a little out of the way but not too far to get to it.

Had a good day but didn't buy anything much except for 1 cartridge. Sons gave me money to spend but wanted to save some for other things I'd like to buy from SU. Right now, I'm just thankful for being able to get 1 thing to play with in my crafting. Maybe someday, I'll be able to have fun to spend a little more.

1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
rhondah* on 11/30/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:55:07 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 16844 time(s) in 9373 post(s)
Glad you got what you were looking for at J's. I've been through that with M's too. Seems ridiculous to have the card available but no cart when you get to the counter. Now I check the cage first and then go get the card for it or ask if they have some in the back. Saves time...and disappointment.BigGrin
LaLaLand Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:01:27 AM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 47 post(s)
They did the same thing to me but Oh Well. Guess I didn't need it that bad anyway!
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:01:48 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8314 time(s) in 4910 post(s)
J's does the same thing; went to buy Edge to Edge some weeks back and took the card to the front....it had to be Special Ordered. I wasn't too happy about it, because it seemed to me if they had the card hanging there (sometimes there's only one...sometimes five or six or more....that tells me they have that cartridge in stock. I guess that's not what they mean, though.

Char
tigger2000 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:25:16 AM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Char,
I got Edge to Edge from Joann.com last week and was so excited thinking I would get it by today; Instead I got an e-mail Wednesday night telling me they were out of stock and had canceled my order. I was so annoyed! When I ordered it was in stock...4 days later they tell me it is not in stock? I had gone to Joann's earlier that day and they had it there for $19.99 but since I had already bought it online I had no need for it, only to find out that night that I wouldn't be getting it Angry Angry Angry
 1 user thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/30/2013(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:28:01 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 809 time(s) in 619 post(s)
Same thing happened to me while I was in Collinsville, IL visiting a friend. We went to Michaels because I had 50% of coupons for the spellbinders. I selected 6 of the cards and when I presented them at checkout I was told they only had 3 of the six I wanted, but showed me three others similar to the ones I had chosen. I asked them why they kept the display cards on the racks if they were out of them. Reply....corporate says we have to keep putting them back on the racks even when we have sold out of an item. This really bummed me out and I told them to tell corporate to revamp their "policies"!!! Needless to say, I put all of my purchases on the counter and walked out. Happy end of story though, when returned home went to local Michaels and they had all six and honored my coupon even though it was a day expired.
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/30/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:50:01 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Char,
I got Edge to Edge from Joann.com last week and was so excited thinking I would get it by today; Instead I got an e-mail Wednesday night telling me they were out of stock and had canceled my order. I was so annoyed! When I ordered it was in stock...4 days later they tell me it is not in stock? I had gone to Joann's earlier that day and they had it there for $19.99 but since I had already bought it online I had no need for it, only to find out that night that I wouldn't be getting it Angry Angry Angry

My guess on that is they decided not to sell it to you for the sale price. So, by telling you it is not in stock (even after telling you it was), they can get full price for the cartridge from you later.

Sorry, but I don't trust a lot of what "I think" is going on in these stores.

I'm sorry you didn't get the cartridge; can you go back online and get it now? Maybe it's on sale somewhere from BF, but I doubt it.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:51:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Kiethann Go to Quoted Post
Same thing happened to me while I was in Collinsville, IL visiting a friend. We went to Michaels because I had 50% of coupons for the spellbinders. I selected 6 of the cards and when I presented them at checkout I was told they only had 3 of the six I wanted, but showed me three others similar to the ones I had chosen. I asked them why they kept the display cards on the racks if they were out of them. Reply....corporate says we have to keep putting them back on the racks even when we have sold out of an item. This really bummed me out and I told them to tell corporate to revamp their "policies"!!! Needless to say, I put all of my purchases on the counter and walked out. Happy end of story though, when returned home went to local Michaels and they had all six and honored my coupon even though it was a day expired.

Now, that is GOOD customer service by your local store! It's great to hear these happy outcomes; but, unfortunately, it seems they are few and far between the other stories out here.

Char
Annabella Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 5:56:41 PM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
After several times of finding out at the checkout that they didn't have the cart, I make them find it before I get to the check out. For the last maybe 4 years, I save myself the hassle and buy mine from Terri at Stamps alive. It's so much easier that way!
ksqueenb Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:46:18 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 418 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I find it often goes the other way, they don't have the cards out but the cart is in the cage. They are really bad about this especially when they have a sale. I have just started checking the cage when I know there is something I want.
SandraB. Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 6:56:38 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 263 post(s)
same things happen at the M's here in Canada. We can't even use their 50% coupons on Sizzix or Cricut items, though they do have them for 40% off quite often. I guess it's ok if they have the ones you want.
CricketCMV Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 9:32:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
same things happen at the M's here in Canada. We can't even use their 50% coupons on Sizzix or Cricut items, though they do have them for 40% off quite often. I guess it's ok if they have the ones you want.

We can't use coupons on anything Cricut here, either, Sandra! I only buy mine when they do have them on sale....which seems more often in the past six months. It seems like all the stores are doing everything they can to get rid of them....and it seems PC is doing that here, too.

Char
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 05, 2013 1:58:08 AM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1633 time(s) in 1499 post(s)
WOW, seems this must be happening all over the place. Believe me, I will check the cage from now on. But I still think they have a very odd way of thinking in running their business in that fashion. They could be putting all kinds of cards all over the store and never have anything in stock. INSANE if you ask me! Kind of seems a little like false advertising to me.