Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
BingoLady Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, December 13, 2013 3:48:32 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 650 post(s)
Wonderful cards ladies, having trouble with the computer, it is so slow it takes
forever to post anything. Hoping to get our new one hooked up soon.

Sincitychix, nice to have you post your wonderful card. Hope to see some more
of your cards.

Kiethann, hope you are doing better.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#62 Posted : Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:10:22 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Hello everyone, sorry I was MIA yesterday we had to take our daughter to find an apartment she will be moving a small town here in Arizona called Show Low about 200 miles away. She got a job there and will be moving just after Christmas. It snows there and gets pretty cold so it will be a big adjustment for here.

Keithann - Great job on #3 I love all the colors and misting you did. I bet it really shimmers in person. Pretty ribbon going across the middle

Britishgirl - very pretty #1 in the ad colors, one of my favorite combinations. I love the way you put the combination together and the flower is a wonderful addition.

Bingolady sorry you are having computer problems again, hope you get the other one hooked up soon, don't be afraid just plug it inBigGrin

Well it seems like everyone is pretty busy, but I hope you get some time to get in some card making this weekend. It seems like my sketch #3 has almost everyone scared LOLScared
Joyful Carol Offline
#63 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 12:21:55 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Sketch #3 I used the charm feature from Life is a Beach to make the dolphin charm. I went around the outside of the charm with some glitter glue--I call the color peacock blue since there is no color name on the bottle. I also used this glitter glue and some fabric paint on the wave under the dolphin. I believe I cut the charm at 2 1/2" and the the base dolphin and its layer at
1 1/4". I used a border punch for the bubble border. I finished it off with a piece of ribbon and some little jewels with one large jewel. I stamped the Happy Birthday and used some metalic blue embossing powder. After using my trusty old heat gun on the embossing powder I cut around the Happy Birthday and adhered it to the background. Hope to have some time tomorrow to comment on the cards you ladies have been busy making.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
dolphin.jpg
Joyful Carol Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
NanaDonna- Thank you for the sketches for this two week period. I have greatly enjoyed working with them. Your examples were excellent and certainly helped me along the way. My favorite was your #3. The colors were just so perfect together. I am not sure why I saved #3 till last. It just seemed a little more intimidating with so many parts, maybe! Your example made me give it a try. I loved the red and black combo on your #1. The embossing added such a beautiful touch. Love, love, love the background- chevron cut on #2. It sure made for a great male card. The #4s were both great. The white and gold was my favorite of the two. It seemed so simple yet elegant. Words are not enough to tell you how much I loved your Mojo Monday card. The colors were just perfect for this theme of a card. It does not look homemade in the least!! It is just awesome. Thank you for sharing this creation with us.

Bingolady- Great #2- I love the snowflake embossing folder it works so beautifully on winter cards! I like the choice of the green glitter paper for the wreath. Your #1 in the ad colors came out very pretty. Great job on all of the layering and embossing. #4 That is definitely a beautiful blue snowflake. The stamped saying is very nice indeed.

TurtleBug- The lavendar Christmas card is just beautiful. One of my favorite colors. I think purple should definitely be a Christmas color after seeing your card. The pearls and jewels were the perfect addition to your ornament. #2- The angel looks great on this card. I like the stars there above the angel and then again in the corners and on the chevron punches. How ingenious to cut that punch apart and use the pieces!! I like your Christmas tree #2. The embossing of the trees adds a nice touch to this tree card. The added jewels to the tree looks super!

Britishgirl- #4- snowflake with the snowflake embossing folder looks great. Sketch #1 in the ad colors looks beautiful.. I like the way you did all of the layers.

Kiethann-Love your little wreath on your #2. I keep thinking I need to purchase that little MS punch. Your #4 in nontraditional colors turned out lovely. I do like those colors together. #1 in the ad colors is nicely done. Good use of the musical embossing folder on this one. #3 looks warm indeed and goes nicely with the sentiment.

Gisele- Love your tags! #1 tag with the tree is very nicely adorned in silver.#2 is so cute with the strings of lights! #3 turned sideways looks super. I do like that angel cut.

DeeScraps- Thank you for the ad colors—although I have not used them yet. I still have a few cards to make this week so I might still get to using them. Your #1 done in nontradional colors turned out very nice. The papers just did the work for you! Don't you just love that when it happens. Your #4s are all nice but my favorite is the gold one with the white doily behind it! Maybe it is because I just like doilies!!

sincitychix- I do like your “Let It Snow” card. I really like the glitter on the snowflake and the way you put your sentiment on the card.

Well, get that Christmas shopping done girls. I still need to start!! Have a super week!
Carol
 1 user thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/17/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, December 15, 2013 7:47:18 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Carol - I love your #3 and all the glitter and sparkle. Fabulous paper choices and love the hemp bow. I love the jewels you used. Great job with this challenging sketch.

Edited by user Monday, December 16, 2013 7:51:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 6:35:01 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

SINCE WE ARE TAKING A TWO WEEK BREAK i HAVE CHANGED THE END DATE ON THIS CHALLENGE TO DEC 31st JUST SO ANYONE CAN STILL POST IF THEY GET A CHANCE.
TurtleBug Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, December 16, 2013 11:39:13 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 951 time(s) in 613 post(s)
Hello Ladies,
Sorry I have not been on here much. I have had a terrible start with December this year, it is a miracle I even finished the soccer posters. I lost two cousins within a three-week period, two funerals to attend and my brother was in the hospital, and last Thursday my sister suffered a mild heart attack. This is the first time I have had a minute to peek in, in a while. I want to share the soccer posters I made, this one is my grandsons #19 and had a total of 18 to make.
Want to finish my sketches but, my house is half decorated, need to finish addressing my Christmas cards, wrap presents and make tamales...WHEW, tired already! Looks like I will get around to the sketches after Christmas.Angry
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Monday, December 16, 2013 11:47:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl Offline
#68 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:16:40 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is sketch #3
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2623.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#69 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:47:20 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Everyone!
I decided to take a break from everything Christmas-related and post my comments. I will try to do one of the sketches as well.Smile

Kiethann
#3 - Love the effect you created on these papers with the Glimmer Mist and the "ribbon" made with Liquid Pearls is something very different that really works. like the embossing and great color combinations. Very nice!

britishgirl
#1 in Ad Colors - Pretty! Pretty! Love the bold black and red combo and all the scalloped edges and layering. Very nice flower with the red center.
#2 - So cute! Love the bold colors of the image with the bright white background and all the assorted blues, prints, and nice border.

Joyful Carol
#3 - Very nice! Love the aquatic theme going on here, right down to the wave-like swirly embossing. Love the way you did the charm cut and added all those details, great paper patterns, too!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:49:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#70 Posted : Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:41:31 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Sorry ladies. I had no intention of skipping out on this challenge. Time just got away from me for some reason...sad thing is I haven't even done my shopping yet. Teenagers, lol.

I will come back tomorrow...just wanted to stop by and apologize for missing in action.

Lisa
Gisele Offline
#71 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:09:36 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! I will post more comments on the weekend but just wanted to drop in. Sorry that I haven't had time to create more cards with the sketches. We host a party of 40 people on Saturday and I have been baking and cooking after work. Last weekend we were out of town. Busy time of the year!

Glad to see that the challenge has been extended and I might have more time to craft between Christmas and New Year's.

Have a great day!

Gisele Offline
#72 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 3:16:03 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Turtlebug - Your poster is fabulous! It looks really good! My sympathies for the loss of your cousins and sorry to hear about your brother's and sister's health. I hope they will both make a full recovery. Take care of yourself too while you are running around to get things done for Christmas!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 12/26/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#73 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 12:01:02 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Britishgirl - what a darling image you used on sketch #3. I love all the blues and the border across the middle, great card glad you tackled this challenge.
TurtleBug Offline
#74 Posted : Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:11:21 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Made my #3 card last night, but too late to post. Determined to get them done before Christmas, so here it is!

My Sketch Card #3:
Papers - All from the DCVW "The Romantic Stack"
Scalloped Circle - Accent Essentials
Butterflies - MS punch
Embossing - CuttleBug "Swiss Dots", "Floral Fantasy" and "Baby's Breath" folder
Sentiment - Close to My Heart stamp from the "Sincere Expressions" collection
Added Skittles and gold sheer ribbon.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:25:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#75 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 8:20:06 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - WOW love that soccer poster awesome job, Joey is lucky to have such a talented Nana. I am sure the team will appreciate all your hard work.

Sketch #3 YEAH you got it done and it is fabulous! I love the papers and colors you used and great idea to use the different embossing. Nice addition of the butterflies and skittles.

Will be busy on Saturday, I have been busy making ornaments filled with glitter then cutting out a variety of things out of vinyl to decorate them with. Having about 5 of our great-grandchildren over so they can decorate their own ornaments. Still have to cut out all their names to put on them. Should be a fun dayBigGrin
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
sincitychix Offline
#76 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:23:41 PM(UTC)
sincitychix

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 213 post(s)
This is sketch #2. I wasn't fond of the sketch at first, but I love how the card turned out! I think I'm going to send this to my great aunt Margie in California. She's in her late 80's or early 90's. Might tweak the corners next time to be a wee bit smaller. Thanks for the challenges and TFL!

Jen

sincitychix attached the following image(s):
Cardinal Xmas.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#77 Posted : Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:41:38 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Carol, your # 3 sketch came out very nice, like all the blues you used.
And the Dolphin cut came out so nice.

Turtlebug, Wow the posters came out nice.
I like your # 3 sketch, the colors and the paper you used, And of course the
embossing.

Britshgirl, great # 3 sketch, The image is so cute.

Sincitychix, well it came out very nice, your Aunt will be so happy when she
gets it.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 11:55:39 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hello Ladies!
I did it, all done for 2013!!
Reached my goal of getting all my sketches finished for this year.SmileSmile
The only Cricut used was for the circle and all papers used are from my scraps box.

My Sketch Card #3 in the Ad Colors:
Circle - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Sentiment - CTMH acrylic stamp from the"You are My Happy Icons & Sentiments" collection
Circle - Plantin Schoolbook cartridge
Embossing - Darice "Hearts" and CB "Cane Back Chair" folders
Corners - Photo corners
I added heart buttons with black cord
TFL!!Smile

I am cooking the Tamale meat in my big slow cooker and the house smells sooooo delicious. Will be making Tamales all day tomorrow...fun, fun, fun,!!!!Drool Drool Drool

Will continue to peek in for more awesome cards and to post my comments.
BingoLady Offline
#79 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 12:18:12 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

I hope I made my teacher proud, I did my #3 sketch.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img027.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:24:58 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies hope everyone is doing well and almost ready for Christmas
I have been busy cutting out things for the kids to decorate their ornaments with and then cut out 10 names.

Sincity -
Fabulous sketch #1 I love the corners and all the embossing. The cardinal is so cute, I am sure your Aunt will love it.

Turtlebug -
I love your sketch #1 in the ad colors. The heart embossing goes great with your cute little heart buttons, great job!
Have fun making your tamales tomorrow, we made our 29 dozen last week. whew, lot of work but fun.BigGrin Your dear BIL made Menudo yesterday, the house smelled yucky LOLHuh

Bingolady -
sketch #3 very very nice! Of course you made me proud, I love the colors and the embossing and I am so proud that you are stamping more too! Love the sentiment. This was a tough sketch but I think once you put it together is makes a great card

Edited by user Friday, December 20, 2013 2:26:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

britishgirl Offline
#81 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:51:48 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Here is my sketch #2 the image is just a google image
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2627.JPG
Gisele Offline
#82 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:06:03 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Hope everyone is almost ready for Christmas! We hosted our annual Christmas party with friends last night. We had such a great time with plenty of great food and drinks too! I haven't finished wrapping yet but my cards are all done.

I am sharing a few cards that are not part of the sketches but most have some Cricut and thought you might enjoy seeing them.

First one is for my son and I used Outdoor man for the first time.

This will be for my daughter. Cricut used are Joys of the Season for ornament and mittens, and Elegant Edges for the frame. She loves everything vintage.

This will be for my husband. No cricut but I did Iris folding for the first time.

BingoLady Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 12:16:38 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Merry Chrismas and A Happy New Year To All Of You
Wonderful Ladies
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 2:29:15 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 657 time(s) in 497 post(s)
Here are two more cards done using sketch 2. Both are for my surgeon and his nurse.
Kiethann attached the following image(s):
card challenge 001.jpg
card challenge again 001.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 9:43:26 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies sorry I haven't been around in the last couple days busy busy, shopping, trying to finish up some projects and today baked a couple batches of cookies. Still need to wrap presents and then tomorrow will be making dinner and having some family over.

British - Great job on sketch #2 I love the colors and the imagine is perfect. Don't ya just love google LOL

Gisele - thanks for sharing your cards with us, I love them. Great guy card I love all the details and the cuts. great papers on your other card, love the steaming cup I am sure your daughter will love it. Iris folding wow, I have tried it but never had the fabulous results you had. what a great card.

Keithann - how thoughtful to give your nurse and surgeon a card. Both are lovely, great sparkle on the first one. I love the ribbon you used on both of them so festive.

Hope everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS with family and friends and a Happy New Year too!
Gisele Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 3:52:01 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! It is certainly a white Christmas for me with the snowfalls in the last few days. It is gorgeous outside and festive indoors with the decorations. Enjoy your holidays!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#87 Posted : Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:23:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Wishing all you wonderful Ladies a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

May you and you Families enjoy the season and the New Year bring you great blessings!

TurtleBug
(Josie)

Edited by user Tuesday, December 24, 2013 1:24:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#88 Posted : Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:46:18 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

It's over we survived it! Hope everyone's Christmas was awesome, enjoyed with your loved ones. Ours was very enjoyable and fun, except no thanks to the weather, my stepson and his family in Minnisota did NOT receive their gifts in the mail on time ...or even yet! Oh Humbug!!!ThumbDown

sincitychix
#1 - Very nice! I like the branches the way they are and the size is not too big, the cardinal looks nice with the plaid ribbon. Your Auntie will appreciate it.

BingoLady
#3 - You did it! I think you did very well with it. Like the colors and the border punch, the flower stamp is very nice, too. I know you told me you were having a hard time with it. Getting the papers in a sunburst pattern was a bit of a challenge....but, trying techniques outside of our comfort zone only makes us better. And, you know that when NanaDonna is the Host she will always give us an unusual twist in at least one of her sketches!Wink

britishgirl
#2 - Very pretty and crisp in blues and white, the image is beautiful, so old fashion! The brad snowflakes are very nice. Pretty even without a sentiment on it.

Gisele
You sure were busy making Christmas cards, thanks for sharing these with us.
A. - Wow, lots of detailed layering going on here, looks great and perfect outdoor card for a guy. Especially like the way you did the lake with the glittery edges and the tent with the Christmas wreath.
B. - Like all the Christmas elements on this card and all the assorted paper patterns and nothing like a cup of hot Cocoa on a Christmas morning! She is sure to love it.
C. Very nice technique! I have never seen an Iris folding card, what a great look. The style works well for either male or female. Like the Holly border all around, matches nice with the Holly pattern paper. Pretty card!

Kiethann
Glad you are up to card-making again!
#2 - So colorful, very nice glittery ornament. I couldn't read the ribbon without "singing" the song in my mind along with it!!LOL LOL
Second #2 - Pretty snowflake and ribbon. Did you add the snowflakes to the ribbon, or did it already have them on there. The blue inked edging gives it a nice touch. Your Surgeon and Nurse will appreciate receiving them.

Edited by user Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:52:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#89 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 2:23:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone hope you all had a fabulous holiday. As Turtlebug said we survived, in fact we had a wonderful Christmas spending time with some family that we had not spent Christmas with for quite a few years so we really enjoyed it.

I hope Santa brought each of you what you asked for and hopefully some crafty things.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#90 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 2:29:32 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

#3 - You did it! I think you did very well with it. Like the colors and the border punch, the flower stamp is very nice, too. I know you told me you were having a hard time with it. Getting the papers in a sunburst pattern was a bit of a challenge....but, trying techniques outside of our comfort zone only makes us better. And, you know that when NanaDonna is the Host she will always give us an unusual twist in at least one of her sketches!Wink

That is me!LOL LOL Now that is why this is called a challenge! If we don't challenge ourselves and push ourselves out of our comfort zone our card making would not improve. I have seen so much improvement in this challenge thread and probably above all my own personal improvement. When I look back at the cards I made when I first started this challenge I am thankful that I found it and continued doing it as it has really helped me keep moving, learning and improving, not to mention the friends I have made along the way.