Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cowboyjeddie Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 7:22:42 AM(UTC)
Cowboyjeddie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Greetings!

Sorry to post this on this forum, but there is no place in the cartridge forum for Edge to Edge cart. I am very interested in the Edge to Edge cartridge, but I do not scrapbook (at least not yet). I am wondering if any of you lovely people have had luck using the intricate cuts as backgrounds for cards.

My google image search didn't turn up much information, so I thought I would check with you all.

For what it's worth- I know that some of the cuts can be used as decoration, but I am interested in making full backgrounds for the cards I am making.

Thanks Ladies!

Beth Anne
 2 users thanked Cowboyjeddie for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/20/2013(UTC), Mom Lannoo on 12/23/2013(UTC)
sincitychix Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 9:14:03 AM(UTC)
sincitychix

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 213 post(s)
Thank you for posting this question. I do some scrapbooking but mainly cards and school projects or posters/wall boards for my mom's work. I do not have this cart but am interested in what kind of replies you get. Hoping you get some great results!

Jen
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 2:09:16 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 591 post(s)
I will be more than happy to play around with mine and let you know how they do when cutting for cards. But I am thinking that some of the cuts will end up being too small and might not do well.

I will go play right now and come back to report to ya.

Joyce
 2 users thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/20/2013(UTC), tigger2000 on 12/20/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:55:27 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

I went in my scraproom and started working in CCR. I decided to make one of each of the first 4 images on the edge to edge cart. I made the size 4" and they will cut at 4x4" squares. The first 2 cut out great. Then on the thrid one..the blade started getting dull and wasn't cutting through and then during the 4th image..the E just stopped working and wouldn't finish cutting. Not sure if it was just cutting too much and stopped or if it froze cutting because my screen saver popped up cause it was taking so long for the cutting. So guess I will try again and maybe I will just cut one image at a time instead of 4 on a sheet/mat all together.

There are some images on the cart that I do wonder how they will cut. They seem like they might be too intricut when smaller than the 10" they reccommend. But I'm willing to give them a try just to see.

So yes, you can use the edge to edge cartridge to make smaller background images. I would suggest starting out with a new needle cause there is a lot of cutting. I also used the thinnest cardstock I have.

Gonna try to attach pics.

Joyce
JoyceG attached the following image(s):
Image635.jpg
Image636.jpg
 2 users thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/20/2013(UTC), nayscats on 12/29/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 3:58:00 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Oh. and if ya use CCR, you could probably also stretch the image to cover the whole size of your card.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
sincitychix on 12/20/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 20, 2013 10:25:56 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Here's another photo of some cuts I experimented doing. Each were cut at 4" IF you get the cartridge, you will have to be patient cause some of them cuts ok while others don't.

The black circle cut out great. The paper I used has a shiny texture- kinda like photo paper has the glossiness to it. I didn't even have to punch any pieces out.

The green...that is very thin cardstock and it cut very good but I had to spend a while poking out all the tiny parts.

The red one, that was suppose to the the second heart in the book. It was cutting pretty good but I think my housing unit twisted and so not all of it cut out. I had just replaced the blade before working on these 4 cuts and I don't think I tightened it back up well enough. So not sure if it was my fault or maybe using an old mat.

Then the white (under the red)...that was suppose to be the snowflake background. It started tearing immediately as soon as I started cutting. So not sure if a fuzzy piece of scrap was stuck in the blade or if it was just too intritcut to cut out at 4". I had taken the blade housing unit out to check the blade and straighten it back up so I seriously doubt there was anything on the blade. But I won't swear to it as fact.

After cutting all of these, I decided to try and cut the second heart again at 8". Cut perfectly.

Joyce
JoyceG attached the following image(s):
Image637.jpg
red heart.jpg
larabrown Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 6:41:09 AM(UTC)
larabrown

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Thank you, Joyce for running these experiments! You given some great advice and tips.
 1 user thanked larabrown for this useful post.
JoyceG on 12/21/2013(UTC)
Cowboyjeddie Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:53:10 AM(UTC)
Cowboyjeddie

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
JoyceG, thank you so so so so much. I really appreciate you doing the hard work for me. Those cuts are beautiful and I can't wait for the cartridge now!

Merriest of Christmases to you!
JoyceG Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 12:20:59 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: Cowboyjeddie Go to Quoted Post
JoyceG, thank you so so so so much. I really appreciate you doing the hard work for me. Those cuts are beautiful and I can't wait for the cartridge now!

Merriest of Christmases to you!

Yoy are welcome. I had been wondering the same thing myself and having someone ask about it just gave me the motovation I needed to try them. Just be patient. And remember my notes above...especially about it stopping in the middle because I think I was cutting too many on the same sheet of paper. The machine wasn't getting any rest and very fast intricut cuts.

Joyce