Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

r401ktje598e6c7 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 10:27:08 PM(UTC)
r401ktje598e6c7

Groups: Registered

Mad

I can't believe I just paid $250.00 dollars for this and it won't communicate with my MBPr....

The software hasn't been updated since late 2012.....

This appears to be a known issue with Mac and it still exists!!!!!

Jeezzzz I angry!!!!

With a product as creative as this, you would think it would work great with Mac....Oh Well, will return tomorrow and go back to doing everything by hand!!

A very unsatisfied customer...
JeannaO Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 11:08:19 PM(UTC)
JeannaO

Groups: Registered

Confused

I have a MBRr (mid 2011 - 15) as well, and my husband a MBPr (late 2013 - 15). He installed CCR a few of days ago on his. It worked until he went to plug in the E2 today; just familiarizing ourselves with the app to that point so we could jump into a x-mas project eyes open.

I installed CCR earlier today (now quite late) on my MacBook and I was not able to get it running. It would repeatedly error just after starting the app and it initializing (with "Service Error"). After a while of struggling he had me use his MacBook as it was still working there but once we plugged it in and started the app it errored on his machine as well in the same way. We finally resorted to using one of our kids Windows 8 laptops but that is no long-term option for us.

Glare

There appears to be quite a lot of angst and slow (perhaps even poor) customer service. The automated email reply to my support request promised a 7-8 business day response time. Angry I know this is a Cricut forum and I'm very excited to start using the E2 and Cuttlebug (both) that we just bought but I'm off to a really bad experience with compatibility and at least initial support.

Any comments from the group? Are there productive Mac users out there? Is Cricut support better than what it appears in this forum?

Thanks!

Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 5:03:21 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7884 time(s) in 3692 post(s)
I know zero about Macs but I do know that PC uploaded a new CCR update for Macs in the last couple of days. http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini

A fellow MB member posted some info on what she needed to do to get it working. You'll find her post here: http://main.cricut.com/forum/cr...icks---Dec-19--2013.aspx

You'll also want to make sure that you have updated the E2 using Cricut Sync. It can be found here: http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync/