Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

joshuabonnett3c78d968 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:23:58 AM(UTC)
joshuabonnett3c78d968

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all -

I'm having problems with my Imagine again.

After months of it working "decent", I'm now at my wits end.

First issues - when using with Craft Room it would print fine, but when cutting, it would cut the right side of the mat fine, but when it would get to the left side, it would be WAY off. So, I tried everything I could think of.
1) I updated w/ Cricut Sync
2) Used a new mat
3) put in a new blade
4) restarted MULTIPLE times
5) used canned air to blow out any debris that might be there

Now nothing will really work right.

It will print with craft room, but won't cut at all. It either shuts down after print, or just ejects the paper.

I went back to the cartridges and tried using them without craftroom, but I'm having similiar issues. It will print, but not cut.

Any ideas anybody might have would be greatly appreciated. I love my Imagine (ok, I love it when it works) and would hate for it to become a paperweight!

Joshua

Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 7:25:55 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 16288 time(s) in 4369 post(s)
Originally Posted by: joshuabonnett3c78d968 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all -

I'm having problems with my Imagine again.

After months of it working "decent", I'm now at my wits end.

First issues - when using with Craft Room it would print fine, but when cutting, it would cut the right side of the mat fine, but when it would get to the left side, it would be WAY off. So, I tried everything I could think of.
1) I updated w/ Cricut Sync
2) Used a new mat
3) put in a new blade
4) restarted MULTIPLE times
5) used canned air to blow out any debris that might be there

Now nothing will really work right.

It will print with craft room, but won't cut at all. It either shuts down after print, or just ejects the paper.

I went back to the cartridges and tried using them without craftroom, but I'm having similiar issues. It will print, but not cut.

Any ideas anybody might have would be greatly appreciated. I love my Imagine (ok, I love it when it works) and would hate for it to become a paperweight!

Joshua

What happens when it goes to cut? Does it just print and spit the mat out the back? PC will not support it's use with CCR, however, it SHOULD be printing and cutting as a stand alone. First, make sure that the machine is still set to Print & Cut, versus Print Only. May seem impossible that the setting got changed, but you never know. If that's not the problem, you can try doing a Format & Restore. There is a sticky at the top of this forum that has instructions for that. If that does not help, it's time to call PC for some advanced troubleshooting. HTH and let us know how you make out.
Eeyore2005 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 8:43:23 PM(UTC)
Eeyore2005

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hi, Thanks for posting this. I finally decided to start crafting after taking a break for quite awhile. The same thing is going on with my Imagine. I had to do the reset through Cricut Sync at least 4 times for it to even get past the imagine start up screen. Now that's it's kind of working (wont' recognize print cartridges without taking them out and putting the back in), it won't cut either (this is standalone with Imagine More cartridge). I selected print and cut and it will print, but not feed the mat back through the front to cut. I've tried this a few times and I keep getting the same results. I'm an very disappointed since this was a replacement machine that worked fine when I first got it, and has barely and I mean barely (I printed a couple test items) been used. I've been spitting nails over it since Saturday.