Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sewnmachine Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 6:57:17 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
I have 2 Kindle Fires ( original and now Fire HD 8.9). There is no way that we Kindle users can sign on to this site!!! It has been like this forever, so this is not a recent development.

We get a "security certificate" warning - and can not proceed.

I can sign on to virtually every other website and forum - except this one. REPEAT- EXCEPT THIS ONE. The Kindle is an Android operating system. It uses the stock Silk browser. Why can you NOT update this site to accomodate Kindle users ????? What is your IT department doing about this? Android is not going away anytime soon, and it has certainly been around long enough for you guys to work this out.

Come on PC - everybody put on their thinking caps and work this out.

2 users thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Havetoomuchstuff on 12/27/2013(UTC), CraftyKat on 12/27/2013(UTC)
CraftyKat Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 27, 2013 9:32:12 PM(UTC)
CraftyKat

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 72 post(s)
I agree!

I used to use my fire all of the time to get on the board, before they updated things. I would have thought this would be something they could have worked out by now.

Please PC look into this!
Cricutgirlg Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:32:05 PM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I just got the Kindle for Christmas, I didn't know this was an issue.
LaLaLand Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 28, 2013 2:44:18 PM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 36 post(s)
I loved my Kindle Fire but I've had bad luck with them. My first stopped charging within a year so they sent me a replacement. It started doing the same thing. Now I've moved to an iPad. Still prefer my Fire to read though if it wasn't so finicky.

On that note I wish they'd make Craft Room compatible with Fires and I pads. It would be so handy!
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 7:18:43 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
I just got the Kindle for Christmas, I didn't know this was an issue.

Unfortunately it is a HUGE issue. We Kindle owners can't sign on to the site. period.
We can't reply to posts on the message board because we can't sign in.
We can't shop or check out because we can't sign in.

What we can do is read the public (not circle) message board. And, we can download handbooks onto our Kindle. Neither of these actions require a sign in.

I am just totally mystified why this is the case with the Cricut site. I visit several other boards and forums that require signing in and I have never had a problem. ever.

All I can figure is that this web site system is so antiquated or dysfunctional that they just can't or won't attempt to upgrade it. And for that matter, I've never been to a forum that requires me to sign in everyday, or several times a day, or times me out......

So yes. This is an issue.

craftymac Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 9:57:22 AM(UTC)
craftymac

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I cannot sign in with my Kindle Fire (I've had it one year) for several months now, and when I do jump on this site using my Kindle it only displays HALF the page. The MB is cut in half vertically, and I can only read the words that are to the left of center. Every so often I jump on my Kindle and try to read the MB, but only half the board is displayed. If I am BORED enough to dig out my laptop, I will jump on and maybe read the Cricut MB - but with so many issues I too am losing interest. I love my 3 cricuts and cuttlebug and will never give them up, but I also will not purchase any additional cricut items. How sad. Remember when this board was hopping so much we weren't able to keep up with the chatter? Loved those days... miss them. Glad I was a part of them from the beginning to see how much enjoyment this MB could bring...

hope everyone has a wonderful Healthy, Happy 2014...

mac
Mellow
CindyLouScrappinWho Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 29, 2013 3:40:47 PM(UTC)
CindyLouScrappinWho

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13749 time(s) in 3470 post(s)
I am on my kindle fire right now posting this but it's hit and miss. I believe the problem is with the silk browser. I downloaded the dolphin browser and can log in. The problem comes when I log off or try to come on later or the next day. I've had to delete the dolphin browser and reinstall in order to get back on. It shouldn't be this hard and I'm quite frustrated by it. Hopefully PC will find a way to fix this compatibility issue.
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:30:56 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Originally Posted by: CindyLouScrappinWho Go to Quoted Post
I am on my kindle fire right now posting this but it's hit and miss. I believe the problem is with the silk browser. I downloaded the dolphin browser and can log in. The problem comes when I log off or try to come on later or the next day. I've had to delete the dolphin browser and reinstall in order to get back on. It shouldn't be this hard and I'm quite frustrated by it. Hopefully PC will find a way to fix this compatibility issue.

I've considered side-loading Dolphin, but the whole idea of having to do this in order to access this site just really irks me. And evidently even that doesn't reliably gain you access. So, I'm not going to do it.

This is a problem for ProvoCraft. They need to get it resolved on THEIR side of cyber-space. When virtually every other website can accomodate Kindle users it's almost laughable that ProvoCraft can not.

Here is a challenge for you ProvoCraft; Have one your IT people either buy, borrow or use a Kindle. Try to sign onto this website. The sign on attempt will fail. Evaluate the "security/certificate" warning and try your hardest to figure out why this is happening.

Then, again, using a Kindle; go to virtually any other website of your choice and attempt to sign on: VOILA! SUCCESS!. Try to figure out why you can sign on everywhere else, EXCEPT CRICUT.COM.

If you are able to fix this, please post a sticky in the forum.
We will appreciate your efforts.

Wild Child Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:25:00 AM(UTC)
Wild Child

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
This doesn't only apply to the Kindle. I have had great difficulty signing in from my laptop.
I have emailed the support team to see if they have an answer.

I couldn't log in today from my laptop, until I remembered I had placed a link on my bookmark bar. This was when I had previously been successful logging in on my laptop. I have just clicked the link and it worked.

It is really useful being able to access the community/forum as there are so many great ideas posted by crafters.

Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas.

Sylvia
ditskid Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 7:42:51 PM(UTC)
ditskid

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
I have a Kindle Fire that is about a year old.
When we had Dolphin, I believe I could sign on... I was told by Amazon that Dolphin is no longer available... I downloaded SWF (Flash) payer and File browser-free from the App store. I can now sign on to the MB, however once I am signed on I can only see the left half of the screen, which means I can not reply to any posts...
This also happens when I sign in from my iphone...
It would be super great if this could be or would be fixed... I would love to be able to read all of the boards and comment more frequently!!!
Also, a note to the post that had Kindle charging issues... not sure if this would help or not, but the charger that came with the Kindle is apparently a slow charger. I was sent a 9W power fast adapter for accelerated charging and that is definitely helping with our charging problems!!