Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sharaaubrey40dbda10 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 2:33:24 PM(UTC)
sharaaubrey40dbda10

Groups: Registered

I got a Cricut for Christmas but am not having much luck with completing any crafting (specifically Craft Room because I refuse to spend $50 on a cartridge). I downloaded Craft Room but continue to get a CCRBRridge.exe error????? I have read other message boards and have stopped all anti virus software and continue to get the error message. I continue to push the "check online for a solution" and it works 40% of the time, but then it stops halfway through when it's cutting (and then the paper is stuck and the project isn't finished).

Any ideas to help? Beyond irritated. To make things worse, I have called the 8777Cricut number and have YET to speak with any customer service representative (I have been listening to their elevator music for 50+ minutes).

So far I just want to return this machine and get something that is more user friendly with better customer service.
ladybugstamper Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:49:57 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 495 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Hi!
Welcome to the world of Cricut.

I have windows 8 and it makes using Cricut craft room impossible for me. You should do better, your machine is newer

Be patient with customer service, it is not a 24/7 operation and with the holidays and the new Cricut owners they are probably super busy, when I had trouble they worked with me for several hours over the phone. That was over the summer.

In the program you can only cut images that are offered for free or from cartridges or digital images that you have purchased or borrowed from a friend

There is something new incoming about a monthly subscription to access all images but it isn't available yet, just being advertised

Good luck. Keep trying. I have had my machine for several years and a bunch of cartridges and I really enjoy using it. I never pay more than $35 for a cartridge through Joann's or Michael's. I just wait for sales.

MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 8:15:51 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
Cricutmachine.com is a place to find some deals on cartridges. Right now they have the Disney "Princess" cartridges on sale for $29.99 each. And there are some $9.99 cartridges also.

The cake cartridges sometimes sell for keep, and those cartridges work great with paper for the images and borders, etc. I've got one of the Martha Stewart and it has a great dripping goo border that looks terrific on Halloween cards.

The Cricut can be frustrating because of the limitations of using cartridges. You'll find a freebee in CCR usually at least once a week. PC is generous in sharing fee images, but when you see the things are free, that is the time to cut since next time you load CCR, the free cut may be gone. You'll find the free ones listed under My Cartridges in CCR.

Mary