Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

trisha1951ac89b10e Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 4:41:59 PM(UTC)
trisha1951ac89b10e

Groups: Registered

Just got my Cricut for Christmas. I know nothing! Can you please tell me how to figure out the size I need for cupcake wrappers? I have both large and small cupcake soaps I need to make but not sure how to figure out the size.
Thank you
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 5:33:32 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 926 time(s) in 457 post(s)
I am not positive but I do believe the size you input will be the diameter of the finished wrapper. Like I said, I am not positive and I don't know if it is the diameter of the top or the bottom if I am correct. One reason I think this is I just put a wrapper from cupcake wrappers on my craftroom virtual mat and input 3" but nothing about the virtual image is 3". I'm thinking from the looks of it, the bottom of the wrapper would finish out at 3". With most images, the size you input will be the height of the cut, there are exceptions to this like with 3d, cards and possibly wrappers.

I just measured a store bought wrapper and bottom diameter is about 2" and the top is about 3". I would input a size and cut from a scrap piece of paper as a test to see what you get. (would be interested to know what you came up with) I have made cup cake wrappers but because I use craftroom and just size stuff by eyeballing it, I never paid any attention to how the sizing was.

Well, curiousity got the best of me and I just proved my theory wrong. I cut a 2.5" wrapper and it came out after ends connected top 2" and bottom 1" so I have no idea what the input size means for cupcake wrappers. But this is a really cute size, perfect for a small piece of chocolate. Sorry

Edited by user Monday, December 30, 2013 5:50:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

trisha1951ac89b10e Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 30, 2013 8:49:15 PM(UTC)
trisha1951ac89b10e

:) Thank you for going to all that trouble. I could have tried it too. Last night I printed my first thing. I made a small box for my small cupcakes. (Soap) I made it three inches. LOL What do I know? The whole piece that cut out was 3". The box was about 1" square after it was folded. Kind of cute, but a little small. I'm learning as I go. :) I appreciate your help!