Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
TurtleBug Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 3:28:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 623 post(s)
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

If you are looking to get motivated and expand your creativeness in your card-making in 2014....look no more, this is the place! Every second Wednesday new card sketches will be posted to help you on your journey. Do one, do all, improvise where you wish, all we ask is that you share your creations with us when you can...it is all up to you. The only requirement is that you have FUN!!

This week's EXTRA CREDIT is to use real or faux stitching in at least one or more of the sketches. HAVE FUN!!Smile

Sketch #1

by Sketchbook Saturday Challenge

Sketch #2

by Kazan Clark

Sketch #3

by Laura Davis

Sketch #4

Will be back later with my samples.

May you all celebrate a Fun and SAFE New Year with Family and Friends and wishing you all a very prosperous 2014!

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 2:40:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 4:31:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
I will try to post all my samples now, but will add the recipes to each one later. I have to get ready pretty soon to go ring in the New Year!LOL LOL

UPDATE:
I didn't realize how late it was yesterday and this is as far as I got in posting my samples. Well....this is the way it went...My DH was sick with a cold but still insisted on going out to dinner and later to NanaDonna's to ring in the New Year. We left for dinner at 5:45pm and were back home by 8:30pm with a much more sick Hubby, which I have been running around today (New Year's Day) going to the Pharmacy and to stock up on chicken soup and starting to feel worse myself. Finally, I am now posting my samples.Mellow

My Card Sketch #1

Embossing - Cuttlebug "Modern Wallpaper" folder
Blue Flowers - Plastic Stick-ons
Sentiment - STAMPING cartridge and dotted with Gold Gel pen
Circles - "Ribbon Buckles" SpellBinders. I ran the ribbon through the center of the white buckle and added bows to the two brown buckles.
Cardstock - "Natural Expressions" stack by ColorBok
TFL!!Smile

My Card Sketch #2 and Extra Credit Challenge
Papers - Michael's single sheet rack
Embossing - Darice "Butterflies" folder and dotted with Silver Gel Pen
Buttereflies - MS punch
Stitching - Two strands of embroidery thread for thickness and hand-sewn around the white cardstock border.
Added purple gems to the Butterflies.
TFL!!Smile

My Sketch Card #3
Papers - "Vintage Collection" core'dinations stack by Darice
Embossing - "Chevrons" by Michael's Recollections
Happy B'day - ARTISTE cartridge
I mixed different colors of sharpies to get this color on white Brads to "sort of" match the rust cardstock.
No sentiment yet..not sure how I will use it.
TFL!!Smile

My Sketch Card #4
Happy B'day - Acrylic stamp from Michael's
Scalloped Ovals - "Classic Scalloped Ovals" set from Spellbinders
Flowers - ACCENT ESSENTIALS
Embossing - Cuttlebug "Stylized Flowers" folder
Added buttons to flower centers and some Stickles at the bottom.
TFL!!Smile

Waiting to see some awesome cards these next two weeks....ENJOY!!

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 2:44:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Online
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 31, 2013 9:45:45 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Thank you so much for getting the new year started...great set of sketches to work with. So ready to get back in the crafting mode...been awful crazy around here with the holidays and am so ready to get back to normal.

Lisa
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/4/2014(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:07:40 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2628 time(s) in 1385 post(s)
Happy new year to all!

Thanks for hosting Turtlebug, great simple sketches to get us started on a new crafty year.

Hope to get started on one of them today. One of our Navy grandsons surprised us and it home on leave, am going to see if he wants to come over for dinner today so he can spend time with his Dad before his Dad heads back to North Dakota tomorrow. It has been so very busy around here having family over, feel like I have been cooking and cooking and cooking. Time for a break LOL
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
LisaW. Online
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:18:38 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Went to Michaels yesterday because the recollections storage was 50%...I am trying to find a way to improve my little scrap area I have and quit using the kitchen table. Of course I had to go by the dollar bins...yea they restocked (at least in my store). paper flowers, pearls, twine, stamps, etc. Daughter dragged me away before I could really go crazy.
BingoLady Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 1:00:13 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Turtlebug thankyou for the nice sketches. I going to start on them today.Cool

Hope very body is having a nice New Years Day.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 4:44:25 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Happy New Year to all!

Turtlebug – thanks for hosting the first challenge of 2014! Great sketches! Your samples are all wonderful. Sketch #1 – love the embossing folder that you used and patterned paper! Sketch #2 – love the colours and that folder too! Very nice touch to add the silver dots. Sketch #3 is a great versatile card – the brads match perfectly! Sketch #4 is my favourite! Great embossing, perfect flowers and nice touch with the ribbon, buttons and Stickles. Hope your DH is feeling better and that you stay healthy.

I look forward to finding time to craft soon!

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:41:06 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Oh how nice my card is the first oneLOL LOL I'ts not the best one ,but the
first one for the new year.LOL LOL I used Walk In My Garden for the flowers.
The colors didn't show up real good.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 01, 2014 7:44:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img028.jpg
DeeScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 01, 2014 8:38:56 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 754 time(s) in 585 post(s)
Happy New Year everyone! For some reason I thought we weren't starting up again until next week.Confused Sorry that the colors are late.

Turtlebug...thanks for the great sketches. Hope your hubby is feeling better and that you don't get sick.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:03:52 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well I never even went in my craft room yesterday.Sad . Went grocery shopping, then came home took down the Christmas tree. Then made dinner and had my Navy grandson over for dinner. It was so nice to visit with him and chat about what he has been up to this last year.BigGrin Love

Turtlebug - Sketch #1 so pretty, love the colors and the embossing. Your bows are great! Sketch #2 very very pretty I love the colors and that embossing folder is awesome. Love the stitching and the extra dotting on the embossing. Sketch #3 Fabulous card! great texture and colors in the papers, and the chevron border punch is a great addition. Your brads are a perfect match. Sketch #4 Boy you are "on it" with these cards and the embossing, Bingolady better watch it or you may just be named the embossing queen! LOL Perfect combination of colors, papers, and embossing. I love love your flowers with the buttons in the centers.
LOVE the matting on all of your cards, it really makes them stand out.

Bingolady - Very pretty card, great papers and colors. Your flowers are great and like the stamping

Edited by user Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:06:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug on 1/11/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 1:15:37 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies,
Have been under the weather since New Year's Day, but DH and I seem to finally be getting better. Was tired of being in bed all day yesterday, so today I took the tree and all the Christmas decor down and decided to work on my Ad Color card. I finished it and will post it tomorrow.

DeeScraps,

Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge, this color combo seems to be trending lately. I thought it was an unusual combo and I did my best trying to use the same colors on my card tonight. I will post it tomorrow....AND,..... I actually like the way it turned out!!Laugh. Goes to prove you just never know, till you try it!!

BingoLady,
#1 - Wow, that was quick!! I like all the flowers and the nice colors. Like the pretty layered flowers with the pearl centers. Nice card!!

NanaDonna,
You LUCKY guys, your dear Navy grandson got to come home. Hope you had a nice dinner and visit with him and that we get to see him before he goes back. We have to wait until MARCH for our dear Navy grandson to come home on leave...it will be a loooooong three months!!Sad Sad

Lisa
All the Recollections storage from Michael's is so nice. I'm sure your little crafting corner will work out very nice and it will be easier for you to work on. I had to laugh cause I could just picture your DD pulling you horizontally by your feet as you grabbed on for dear life to those good old wire bins at Michael's!!LOL LOL LOL
Hope we get to see some of your big buys from your shopping trip on your cards soon!

Edited by user Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:53:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 8:35:50 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - hope you and DH are feeling better, missed our poker night last night.
We did enjoy having Dylan here he is so much fun to talk to, just wish we could have had Nate (other Navy grandson) here too. Just keep crafting and the time will speed bye and you will your Sailor home, then after that he will at least be a bit closer to home.

I got my sketch #1 done yesterday and pictures taken but my computer was doing weird things and running very slow so I did not upload my pictures.Blushing Will give it a try later today. I also have sketch #2 about 75% done and laid out on my desk,

OOPS I forgot about the ad colors will have to use them in my next card

Edited by user Saturday, January 04, 2014 11:08:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Yikes lots of typos

*NanaDonna* Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 11:05:22 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is my sketch #1

Papers are from K&Company homemade specialty pack. The bottom paper actually has raised parts on it. I added the ribbon across to hide where the papers joined.
Label where sentiment is if from Art Philosophy and so are the flowers. I added some champagne colored pearls to the center of the flowers. TFL

Off to see if I can get #2 done, before I have to go get my nails done BigGrin
Gisele Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:11:02 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! We have taken down all of our decorations. We normally keep them to January 6th but this year we felt it was time to do it now.

Here is my first card for 2014 - I needed a few thank you cards. I used acetate so there is a bit of a glare. I welded a border from Ribbons and Rosettes to a rectangle for the front of the card. Flowers from Flower Shoppe. The orange flourish with the white pearls is the inside of the card. I am trying to stick to my new year's resolution and make the envelope at the same time. I now have the envelope punch board so it should be faster. Card and envelope are shown in the picture.

Hope to play in my craftroom again tomorrow. I now have two work areas - a stamping area and my usual corner. It worked well for the first use!

TurtleBug Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 3:51:38 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi!!!
Here is my Ad Color card I made last night. I didn't follow any of the sketches, I just made it as I went with no actual sketch and this is what I ended up with. As you all know...it is time to dispose of all our 2013 calendars and put up our 2014's. Yep, you guessed it!! I used part of a picture in an old 2013 calendar! Sorry, no Cricut, just alot of square cutting on my paper trimmer.

Ad Color Card:
Get Well - Close to My Heart acrylic stamp from the "Sincere Expressions Occasions" set.
Circles - Spellbinders "Standard Circles" set
Ribbons - Sheer Organdy in "Aqua", and thin satin in "Violet"
Corners - Fiskar corner punch
I added "Aqua" and "Violet" gems. Very simple, hope you like it!
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:15:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:10:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Gisele so nice to see you back and creating. Your card is gorgeous! I love orange, very pretty the way you did the edge where to two papers meet. Great flowers and how awesome to do a matching envelope. Was you envelope maker a Christmas gift?

Turtlebug - WOW great use of that calendar page, you are so creative using those things. Love the way you incorporated the ad colors. Good for you to make a card without a sketch, I rarely do that anymore but I did make one without a sketch the other day for a certain someone's birthday coming very very very soon. LOLWink

Back to post my #2 in a minute
TurtleBug Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:13:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

Turtlebug - WOW great use of that calendar page, you are so creative using those things. Love the way you incorporated the ad colors. Good for you to make a card without a sketch, I rarely do that anymore but I did make one without a sketch the other day for a certain someone's birthday coming very very very soon. LOLWink

Back to post my #2 in a minute

OH!! PLEASE don't hurry....you have a WHOLE month to get it done...as he celebrates for the WHOLE month!!LOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:16:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 4:14:37 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

My sketch #2
The papers are from the CTMH Dakota paper pack. The burlap is also from CTMH.
I embossed the background paper with a basketweave like folder. I always forget I can emboss on patterned paper.
The "pocket" was cut using Artiste and stamped with one of the CTMH coordinating stamps. The "rivets" on the pocket are some shiny Dakota stickers. This will be for my younger brother whose Bday is next week.

TurtleBug Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:39:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
#1 - Very pretty! Love the colors and dainty flower petals with the pearl centers. Great choice of paper patterns. Too bad we can't tell how the floral pattern is raised, pretty dainty ribbon, too.
#2 - Nice male card! Love using blues and browns on male cards and this is perfect. Been wanting to use burlap on a card but keep forgetting to buy someLOL, it works very well on this card. The pocket with the rivets is very nice. Your DB is sure to like it, too.
Is that your Ex. Credit "stitching" at the bottom?Razz

Gisele
#1 - WOW!! Very creative use of the acetate with the swirl in the inside showing. Like the flourish in two colors coordinating with the envelope. The flowers with the big green gem centers are so pretty with the addition of the leaf accents. Beautiful!

Have a great week-end, Ladies!

Edited by user Saturday, January 04, 2014 6:41:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:12:58 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 754 time(s) in 585 post(s)
Wow....Lots of nice cards since I was last on. I'll comment later. I finished sketch #2, however I wasn't paying attention when I put it together and it didn't open correctly. I had to turn it. This is also used the Ad Colors. As Turtlebug said, the colors seem to be very popular right now.

TFL, Dee

I used assorted flower punches, and the center one is from Recollections. I also used a Darice embossing folder called Swirl Background. The papers are from pack called "Eye Candy" by g.c.d. studios.

[img=http://][/img]
Kiethann Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:34:34 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 752 time(s) in 574 post(s)
TurtleBug like the sketches and the cards you made using them. Love all of the cards being posted here. Going to try to make a few from the sketches today. Had planned on going over to son's to see grandchildren, but we had a snow storm yesterday with winter weather advisory and I do not like to drive on the snowy/slick roads if I do not have to. Dee thanks for the ad colors.

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:36:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: edited comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 10:53:53 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Ladies wonderful cards to all of you. The computer is really slow. I just hope
this goes throught. I,m going to post my #2 sketch. I hope it works.
img029.jpg
Kiethann Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 4:19:34 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Here is sketch 1 with extra credit. Papers are from Wild Rose Studio Butterfly Garden limited edition. I received the 6 X 6 paper stack as a bonus with a magazine I subscribe to titled Quick Cards. The flowers are from Studio 112. The centers were pewter and I applied liquid pearls to them to change the color. Thanks for looking

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:25:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: edited photo

File Attachment(s):
friends sketch1 2014 jan 001.jpg (1,234kb) downloaded 52 time(s).
TurtleBug Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 6:48:56 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Ladies!
Awesome cards already, after only three days!!Wub Think we were all more than ready to relax and get back to making cards after these past two hectic Holidays.

DeeScraps
#2 in AD Colors - Glad I'm not the only one that has happened to when putting a card to the base. The flower looks like a pretty kaleidoscope and I like the texture on the background cardstock, looks like linen. Like the shape of the layered sentiment and the font...did you hand write it? Very nice card!

Kiethann
Best to stay inside card-making than going out in bad weather...roads get too dangerous this time of year. Though I hear you about wanting to see the grandchildren, mine live like three minutes away and I see them but maybe twice a week.
#1 and Ex. Credit - Like the pretty pink pattern papers and flowers. The sentiment is pretty and I see where you stitched the two papers at the border. The card is opening not much bigger than you posted...can't tell if it is real or faux stitching? Either way it looks nice!

BingoLady
#2 - Like the bold black and white pattern paper and the three bright pink little rosettes really pop, very nice.

Kiethann Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:33:32 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Refering to post number 23, I went back and tried to make my picture larger. Now you have to open the attachment, but the good thing is you can see the card and read the words. I also added to the card. I used liquid pearls (my new favorite to use on cards etc.) around the quote. Hope you enjoy looking at it. Sketch 1 with extra credit.

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 7:34:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
LisaW. Online
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:37:35 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Feels so good to get back to crafting...still working on rearranging my craft area. What I bought and had in mind didn't work...back to the drawing board. Darn flu bug hit me for 2 days and put me out of commission. Not feeling great still but at least functional, lol.

Sketch #3...niece's bday card in the ad colors (according to my daughter she is always on the phone so wanted to add "text message"). I absolutely loved the plaid pattern from the ad colors...would love to find some paper in it.

Cartridge: Paisley Cachemire...cell phone cut at 4 inches
Embossing: Cricut Cuttlebug...Charles
Message: Computer generated...stamped "Happy Birthday" in the inside. "Hi" is from CTMH stamp set (Everyday greetings).

Not the best picture...had to take a picture in the dark as it has to go in the mail tomorrow. I took away my area where I took my pictures and now have to come up with a new plan. I took the picture laying down on the counter so you can't tell but the aqua color is matted underneath the plaid and can't tell but there is actually blue in the plaid too.

Edited by user Sunday, January 05, 2014 8:40:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0613.JPG
Hannah. Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 7:30:15 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 35 post(s)
A Very Happy New Year to all. Sorry for not acknowledging before now how beautiful the cards are that everyone is making and I have really enjoyed catching up on all of them. I ran into a problem... computer wasn't working. Now it is up and running again. So happy to be settled into working in the craft room again and being able to post on this MB.

The 2 cards that I was working on this week didn't have any Cricut on the front only Spellbinders and were not sketch based either but I thought you might like to see them. One was for a dear friend for her 80th birthday and the other is for another friend's nieces birthday.

Will be working and posting on the sketches in the next few days.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:23:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

File Attachment(s):
donna card 2.jpg (1,739kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
DSCF9223.JPG (1,763kb) downloaded 45 time(s).
*NanaDonna* Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:43:53 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies, just peaking in lot of great cards posted. I got side tracked and had to make a birthday shirt for Miss Emma who turns 3 next month. It came out real cute, I used iron on glitter vinyl.
I got sketch #4 just about done and hope to get it put together tomorrow.
Tonight my Sailor grandson is coming to dinner with his sister and some friends. He request spaghetti and meatballs so have been cooking today.
Glad everyone is getting a crafty start to 2014BigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:53:57 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Nice to see you ladies back with your wonderful cards. Here is my # 3 sketch.
The computer has been so slow, And the pictures of my cards are not to good.Angry
img031.jpg
britishgirl Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:04:01 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
here is my take on sketch #4 i really wanted to use the Ad colors but for some reason all i could see was Black and White LOL
britishgirl attached the following image(s):
IMG_2716.JPG