Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Annabella Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 5:52:34 PM(UTC)
Annabella

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
rectangle. I am looking for a way to max my use of my Cricut E. I do a tremendous amount of card making and am looking for a go-to cart to cut a rectangle to make my layering. I do not cut the best and end up a little off kilter. So, want to use my Cricut. I figure I would have this cart within reach along a cart that cuts balloons and that kind of thing. I have 3 Juke boxes so want to set up one just for this purpose.

My Cut Search has an extensive list for the rectangles and squares so it would tale along time to find this out. So, I'm cheating and doing it the easy way!!!

I found balloons and just need a square and rectangle a the moment. If you have a suggestion I can check out if I have the cart.

Thanks so much!!!
couponlover Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 6:13:17 PM(UTC)
couponlover

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 490 time(s) in 316 post(s)
For just a plain rectangle, try George and Basic Shapes...
 1 user thanked couponlover for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/3/2014(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 02, 2014 8:14:45 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
If you use CCR, you could do a search in there and you will be able to see them for yourself and pick the one you want. You actually only need one of each and then do the sizing and stretching in CCR and save the files.

But Plantin Schoolbook has the circle, star, oval, square and rectangle shapes.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/3/2014(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 04, 2014 2:44:42 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1594 time(s) in 1473 post(s)
My suggestion was also George & Basic Shapes. The cartridge isn't available to buy however, except in digital format to use in CCR. But that has a balloon I believe too with most of the shapes you might be interested in using.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!
 1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/5/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:10:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8087 time(s) in 4731 post(s)
You can make ANY square a rectangle in CCR. Merely get the handles (box) around your square image. Then, use the up/down arrow at the bottom of the handles/box and holding the left click down, squeeze the arrow UP until you have a rectangle. Just use the inches on the mat to decide how big you need your rectangle. Move the rectangle to a square on the mat so you can size it exactly where you want it, then move it wherever you want it to cut out on the mat after you have it sized to perfection!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/8/2014(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:58:16 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Ditto what CricutCMV said. :)

If you don't like CCR and truly want just a physical cartridge for doing so, there's lots of them. I would look at the cartridges in CCR and see which one has other images you like and would use. Some will even cut envelopes for you if you wanted that ability too.

For example - I used to use Wild Card a lot as it has a bunch of cards and various images for different types of cards. My current go to is Art Philosophy, but it's a Close to My Heart so pricey. You have smaller ones like CreativeHolidayCards etc. that have some basic card shapes and you can usually pick them up for $20 I think at Michaels/Joann's when they do a sale. George Basic Shape is a standard one to have for all the shapes it does have. Still comes with machines as far as I know of.

HTH
:)Khrista
Annabella Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:50:12 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
Thanks so much for the help!!!

Didn't realize how nice the envelopes are on several of the carts. I now have about 6 carts set aside and am starting to use them for all kinds of handy things.

I have quite a 'fetish' to purchase all the carts imaginable and have no idea what great things they have on them. I have about 90 and am just looking at some that I have had for at least 5 years.

That's this years goal- find out what they have so I'm not wasting so much time and money on things I/cricut can do easily.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:00:39 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8087 time(s) in 4731 post(s)
Annabella....are you on CCR? Even if you're not, you can review all the images you own using CCR's listings (or, you can use the WEB VERSION on cricut.com by logging into CCR just the way you do when you log in to cricut.com, using the same password as you use for cricut.com) to peruse the listing. You can BOOKMARK all he cartridges you own, so when you do look up the various cartridges, you are actually only looking at the ones you own. I love the BOOKMARK ability in CCR.

I personally HATE the universal overlay PC came out with; I totally understand why they have done that...just HATE that they did it. I like being able to READ what the various buttons have on them on our cartridges for easier navigating. I'm so glad we can do it all the "old fashioned" way in CCR. We can read the TABS and we can see what's under each tab/button.

There are a lot of really unique cuts on so many of our older cartridges. I just love the FULL cartridges and ALL they can do.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/9/2014(UTC)