Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

dcchick Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:20:24 AM(UTC)
dcchick

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry I am not a frequent poster on these forums but i am a avid Cricut user. I love the machine or at least i did. I realize things update and change but my goodness, DS has just stopped working for me. i have uninstalled, rebooted etc and now i can't even download it again. I can't get past an initializing screen on craft room. you still can't cut any font, you still need to buy full cartridges instead of just an image you need. I don't have a lot of time or extra money to dedicate to this and want the machine to be useful, not just another obstacle to overcome when wanting to create scrapbooks and other projects.

I have stood by my Cricut, bought five years ago, while others have gone elsewhere. but i set aside time this weekend specifically to make projects and instead I have spent that very limited time on screwing around with Cricut problems and searching forums and the internet for fixes instead of getting to use my machine.

nothing works. I use a computer every day at work and know how to use all types of program. I do not understand why PC can not make things work for the amount of money we all invest in this.

i am sorry for the complaint and whiny post but my goodness i just wanted to design and make some banners this weekend and all i could go was cut triangles via my machine. i can do that on my own with scissors.
 1 user thanked dcchick for this useful post.
stigerdana33fea02c on 2/22/2014(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:36:41 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
Do you have Design Studio and CCR both open at the same time. If you do, Design Studio will not work, even if you have CCR minimized. You can only have one program open. The programs screw each other up when both are open.

I hope it is something that simple.

Sorry about your frustration.

Mary
dcchick Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 9:44:04 AM(UTC)
dcchick

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No, they are not open at the same time. I uninstalled DS when i kept getting a "fatal error" message that it will not open. I have my activation codes saved so i thought i would just download it again, but I can't get the software to download to reinstall. I did a program search and DS is not on my computer anymore to even have open. So i can't even it that anymore eiter.

As for CS, I used it a few times before but when DS wasn't working i tried to login. It will not go past the initializing screen. So i uninstalled that too and reinstalled it thinking maybe it was an update issue or something along those lines. The program is there but it will not go past the "initializing" screen when I try to login. I am using it an an administrator, it is set to compatibility mode and i am running windows 7.
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 12:34:07 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7908 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Are you downloading the Design Studio program from http://main.cricut.com/home/sup...esignstudio-reg-support/

As for getting stuck at the Initializing screen in CCR - that's an anti-virus issue. You will need to add cricut-craft room.exe and ccrbridge.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program.

DS & CCR can be open at the same time.. (I have them both open on my laptop now...) but before you go to cut from one of them you will need to close the other. That's because they share the same cricut drivers.

MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 5:47:38 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
Are you downloading the Design Studio program from http://main.cricut.com/home/sup...esignstudio-reg-support/

As for getting stuck at the Initializing screen in CCR - that's an anti-virus issue. You will need to add cricut-craft room.exe and ccrbridge.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program.

DS & CCR can be open at the same time.. (I have them both open on my laptop now...) but before you go to cut from one of them you will need to close the other. That's because they share the same cricut drivers.

Thanks Narelle!

ddchick, I did check the link and download and I was able to download the program file and the font packs. I put the things in a backup folder in case I have to reinstall. Since PC is not doing any more updates, it would be logical that the updates available will disappear at some point in the future.
Mary
CricutGena Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 8:44:54 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello, the issues you are experiencing can easily be addressed through customer service. Please call 877-7cricut. We also recommend using the Cricut Craft Room for the most up to date features.

-Cricut Gena
JerseyGirl526 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:49:27 PM(UTC)
JerseyGirl526

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just bought the Cricut Expression 2 for christmas. I have had fun using it. Was a bit disappointed that I could not use my own fonts and graphics and that the wireless adapter was no longer available. I have spent hundreds of dollars purchasing cartridges for the machine plus $160 on the machine itself.

So now you have a new machine that seems to do all that I had hoped the Expression 2 would do. It seems to be the story of my life.. Always purchasing some tech gadget and then in less than 3 months they announce a new better product…

So I have a few questions about this new Explore:

1. Will the cartridges work in this new machine?

2. Will the stuff linked to Cricut Craft Room and my Expression work on the new software?

3. Will the new Cricut Design Space work with the older cricut machines like Craft room does? Or will I not be able to use my Cricut Expression with the new software? If I can use my Expression 2 with this new Design Space, will I be able to upload my own graphics and fonts and be able to cut with my Expression 2?

4. Will there be wireless connection for the Explore? Or will it be an additional thing to purchase?

5. How expensive will it be to purchase? Will there be discounted prices for registered owners of previous cricut machines? I just paid $160 for the Cricut Expression 2 in Dec 2013.

6. Will it work with IPads or Tablets?