Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ksennekingea92eae0 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 1:30:37 PM(UTC)
ksennekingea92eae0

Groups: Registered

All, I'm hoping you can help. I've had nothing but trouble with my Imagine since day 1, and this is my 2nd machine. Now, it won't let me cut (or print) anything. I get an error message that the print cartridges are missing - and they are not! I've tried removing them, replacing them, and shutting down the entire machine. Nothing works. Has this happened to anyone? The machine is useless. I was in the middle of a project - it was working fine (cutting) and now nothing.

Two years ago my husband thought he was buying me the top of the line machine - it's crap. I wish I would have returned it for an Expression.
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 8:40:47 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello, you will need to get HP 97 and 98 ink cartridges in order to be able to get past this error. If you need additional help please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-Cricut Gena
 2 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
scrapalette on 1/6/2014(UTC), TuttGal on 1/7/2014(UTC)
ksennekingea92eae0 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:45:02 PM(UTC)
ksennekingea92eae0

Yes, Cricut Gina I missed this post yesterday and called customer support today. This is absolutely unacceptable to me. The fact that I can have cartridges in my machine - brand new cartridges straight out of packaging - and it won't CUT. I was told that my cartridges, despite being brand new, are EXPIRED. That is ridiculous. The machine is rendered useless as I will NOT put any more money into this machine. It has NEVER worked correctly. EVER. I even had to send it back as soon as it was out of the box. I was given a $60 credit, and after speaking to my husband he is livid that is all I was given. He spent a lot of money on this machine and feels that it should be replaced. Like I said before, it has rarely been used (because it was so frustrating) and now cannot be used at all. Cricut should have given some kind of discount or replacement for purchasing a machine that should have NEVER been placed on the market.
jamieshortesaeafddd9 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 10:27:18 PM(UTC)
jamieshortesaeafddd9

I too got this message today on my Imagine machine. Now I am afraid that I own a big useless machine that I may never be able to use again. I am in the middle of making a bunch of birthday party stuff for my little girl's birthday this month whom has been excited about her party for the past 6 months. Why the heck can I not cut with this big machine if the ink carts are not good or whatever the problem is, I am not trying to print anything, just cut. SO annoying and makes me very mad. What does provo craft/circuit plan to do with customers like me? I tried to go online to see if I could get more ink, and it seems that it is rare and hard to find now, and also they no longer sell the mats at any local craft stores. This is pretty bad. I was considering buying the new machine coming out this month but I am so mad what if this happens again and that machine is discontinued and I am in the same spot again?!
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2014 7:28:44 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 1397 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jamieshortesaeafddd9 Go to Quoted Post
I too got this message today on my Imagine machine. Now I am afraid that I own a big useless machine that I may never be able to use again. I am in the middle of making a bunch of birthday party stuff for my little girl's birthday this month whom has been excited about her party for the past 6 months. Why the heck can I not cut with this big machine if the ink carts are not good or whatever the problem is, I am not trying to print anything, just cut. SO annoying and makes me very mad. What does provo craft/circuit plan to do with customers like me? I tried to go online to see if I could get more ink, and it seems that it is rare and hard to find now, and also they no longer sell the mats at any local craft stores. This is pretty bad. I was considering buying the new machine coming out this month but I am so mad what if this happens again and that machine is discontinued and I am in the same spot again?!

Try shutting the machine off, take both inks out, turn the machine on, insert the black ink and give it time to register and then insert the color ink cartridge. It's possible the contact is dirty or one of the cartridges is having an issue (usually color has more issues than black from historical perspective).

I still use expired inks without a problem. My machine is up to date though also.

HTH
Khrista