Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
amyvoorhies Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 11:07:18 PM(UTC)
amyvoorhies

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey Ladies,
I know like many of you I would be extremely mad if PC does what it sounds like they want to which is do away with the physical cartridge and move to the digital. The reasons I would be so mad is I strongly feel that the physical cartridges are easier to work with because you get the little book that comes with them so you can easily see what you want to cut. The second reason being that if they go all digital on us, if you choose to take your cricut with you somewhere you would not only have to bring all of your stuff, but now you have to bring along a computer. Also, it is much faster to cut an image from the machine with the physical cartridge then it is with the digital copy. Lastly many of us either don't have a laptop, know how to use a computer or have our computers and cricut machine(s)in the same room. This means that we have to move either our computer, but only if we can physically do this (some people have only desktops) or we have to move our machine(s)and as much stuff as we need to complete our project to the computer which is a complete hassle. So, what I am wanting everyone to do is post a reply to this telling PC to not do away with physical cartridges and my goal is that if enough people do this then hopefully PC will listen to their customers and keep the physical cartridges because if not they could risk loosing a lot of customers to other companies that make similar machines, but still carry physical cartridges. Thanks so much for helping to show PC how strongly we feel about this decision.
 5 users thanked amyvoorhies for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 1/7/2014(UTC), Annabella on 1/8/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 1/8/2014(UTC), GailLew on 1/11/2014(UTC), daisyrose7b23d603d on 1/13/2014(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:58:34 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Signing. I'm all for keeping cartridges. Most of the time I can't even get in to CCR.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/8/2014(UTC)
GailHamilton Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:40:18 AM(UTC)
GailHamilton

Was thanked: 256 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I would really hope that they would continue to keep supplying physical cartridges. It would be such a shame if they went totally to digital. Many homes only have one computer and if someone's children are using the computer for schoolwork then the computer could not be used to connect up to the Cricut. I think that if they go entirely to digital PC will sadly find that many people will jump ship and go to other machines. I personally love, love, love my Cricut and PC. However, I do know that many are just staying because they have invested so much in the cartridges. If PC goes digital, PC risks having these people just say forget it and go with another machine.
Please PC, keep the cartridges for those of us that love the physical carts.
Sincerely,
Gail
 1 user thanked GailHamilton for this useful post.
LaLaLand Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:03:11 AM(UTC)
LaLaLand

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I love having my physical cartridges. Hopefully they will continue to make them. Sign my up.
 1 user thanked LaLaLand for this useful post.
Merrie Jones Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:24:06 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Was thanked: 933 time(s) in 346 post(s)
Physical carts definitely!
1) Portability- you can take it to a friends if you want to
2) Don't need to use CCR/ computer- nuff said
3) If something should happen to PC- you still have your cart
 2 users thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/8/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/10/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:18:08 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
I'm on board!!! KEEP THE PHYSICAL CARTS!!

CCR is not stable enough as you are at the mercy of the internet.

I have two other brands, the Silhouette and the ScanNCut, but I don't take them with me. I take one of my PC machines and carts.

I have 3 children and 10 grandkids and once a month we have a crafts weekend. We rotate as to where it is being held. If PC went digital only, I would have to have the ability to cut at 4 different places. Cannot do that with CCR. The fact that I don't need a computer is the only reason I stay with PC.

The ScanNCut offers some portability, but there is a lot of work with a computer before you do that. Searching, downloading, converting to their file format, saving in a USB stick in order to use it in the machine. Or you have to print an image then scan and cut. It is great for the grandkids artwork, but not very portable.

So I keep my PC machines and continue to buy more carts, I will not go digital with PC also.

1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
EnableMeForever Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:53:53 AM(UTC)
EnableMeForever

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 156 post(s)
I definitely prefer physical cartridges! And I depend on the booklets that come with them to find the images I want to use and put them together correctly. Honestly, it's the adorable colored images pictured on the cartridge boxes that lure me into buying them!
 1 user thanked EnableMeForever for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:03:32 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amyvoorhies Go to Quoted Post
Hey Ladies,
I know like many of you I would be extremely mad if PC does what it sounds like they want to which is do away with the physical cartridge and move to the digital. The reasons I would be so mad is I strongly feel that the physical cartridges are easier to work with because you get the little book that comes with them so you can easily see what you want to cut. The second reason being that if they go all digital on us, if you choose to take your cricut with you somewhere you would not only have to bring all of your stuff, but now you have to bring along a computer. Also, it is much faster to cut an image from the machine with the physical cartridge then it is with the digital copy. Lastly many of us either don't have a laptop, know how to use a computer or have our computers and cricut machine(s)in the same room. This means that we have to move either our computer, but only if we can physically do this (some people have only desktops) or we have to move our machine(s)and as much stuff as we need to complete our project to the computer which is a complete hassle. So, what I am wanting everyone to do is post a reply to this telling PC to not do away with physical cartridges and my goal is that if enough people do this then hopefully PC will listen to their customers and keep the physical cartridges because if not they could risk loosing a lot of customers to other companies that make similar machines, but still carry physical cartridges. Thanks so much for helping to show PC how strongly we feel about this decision.

What other companies make a cart base cutter?

I'm all for keeping the physical carts. PC has said they are too. It's what makes them different from all the other die cutters on the market. All the other die cutters are software based. Do you have some other info that makes you think PC is planning to do away with the physical carts?

When someone purchases a digital cart, the handbook is available to download {either to a computer or a reader/tablet}. Or, you can print the pages that have the images.

With the new, smaller boxes for the carts, I don't think there will be very many images shown on them.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:09:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

married05 Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:10:16 AM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I'm definitely for keeping the physical carts! I love using my Gypsy (still haven't tried CCR yet) but I like the option to just use the cartridge itself for a quick project.
 2 users thanked married05 for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:08:09 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Wub the physical carts. No CCR for me so if carts go bye bye so do I!
 3 users thanked theproc0a14c052 for this useful post.
Annabella on 1/8/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 1/8/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/10/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 12:13:20 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States
Location: master questionair page 16 post 465 new MQ page 1 post 6

Was thanked: 743 time(s) in 566 post(s)
KEEP THE PHYSICAL CARTRIGES. Many of us like to go to crops and take our Cricut with us. Most places were crops are held do not have computers for us to use. thanks
 2 users thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
CraftyKat Offline
#12 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:20:45 PM(UTC)
CraftyKat

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 72 post(s)

Physical carts only for me! I bought one digital cart and a couple months later I ended up buying the physical one anyway.
 1 user thanked CraftyKat for this useful post.
erika00001e52e0f60 Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:28:28 PM(UTC)
erika00001e52e0f60

Was thanked: 952 time(s) in 444 post(s)
Sign me up for physical carts. I love mine. Like to take them to scraps. Keep them coming!
 1 user thanked erika00001e52e0f60 for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 5:38:49 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1947 time(s) in 959 post(s)
Don't Hate me! I only speak for myself.

I don't mind digital, I do every cut through CCR I think it's faster to cut lots of images out on 1 mat while I work on something else. So much easier to size things too. I have a laptop and fast internet, I have not had any problems with CCR, Knock on wood.

However, I would like the physical books for all my digitals not just downloaded. I think Provo craft should make a few big books with all the images, all the handbooks in one book, or many books categorized, maybe by release year? or Font, travel, animals,etc. I don't care how they are categorized but a few big paper back books with all images in color. I would purchase them. It would also make us buy more by having more than 1 cartridge in a book, we want what we see. In that book I would like a check area or something so when we go through our book we can mark what cartridges, or images we have, and what we want to buy next. I think ccr exclusives should also be included.

Please don't hate for not agreeing. I also don't think they will go strictly digital.
MaryStillman Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:27:08 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Don't Hate me! I only speak for myself.

I don't mind digital, I do every cut through CCR I think it's faster to cut lots of images out on 1 mat while I work on something else. So much easier to size things too. I have a laptop and fast internet, I have not had any problems with CCR, Knock on wood.

However, I would like the physical books for all my digitals not just downloaded. I think Provo craft should make a few big books with all the images, all the handbooks in one book, or many books categorized, maybe by release year? or Font, travel, animals,etc. I don't care how they are categorized but a few big paper back books with all images in color. I would purchase them. It would also make us buy more by having more than 1 cartridge in a book, we want what we see. In that book I would like a check area or something so when we go through our book we can mark what cartridges, or images we have, and what we want to buy next. I think ccr exclusives should also be included.

Please don't hate for not agreeing. I also don't think they will go strictly digital.

I don't mind the digital carts either, and agree about the books. What a great idea to have one book with several cartridge books. I would definitely pay for something like that.

As far as the digital goes, when I purchase, I am assuming that there is a shelf life to the digital content. At some point my gypsy or machine will break and I may not get a new one and that will render the digitals useless.

If PC goes all digital, I hope their CCR product will become a total desktop program, as it is really iffy for me. I don't know of another die cut company that has the program functioning both on the desktop and in the clouds. Scan and Cut canvas operates totally in the clouds, and I have not had a problem with it like I have with CCR, and I can log in and design from any computer.

Just my personal opinion, no need to take issue as it is just a personal opinion.

Just a final thought, cloud programs are becoming more and more the norm. Adobe now sells cloud only Photoshop. I've tried to purchase an upgrade and can only do it in the clouds.

I guess we have to bit the bullet.

Thanks for starting this post. I find all your replies interesting.

Mary
MaryStillman Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:41:36 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

Ecraft is both a cart based and digital based. One can purchase their "carts" which come on memory cards. You can also design in their software, either cut from their software or load the design unto a memory card and cut from the machine.

Scan and Cut is similar as all carts are loaded on the machine. Global entitlement of the images are for anyone using the machine. One can also design on their cloud software, save to a USB stick and cut from the machine.

It will be interesting to see what PC's new machine will be. It would be great if one could design in CCR, copy to a usb stick and cut right from the usb stick. I know, lots of things to overcome, but how great would that be?

Mary

1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
*Meg* on 1/10/2014(UTC)
MJ Scrapper Offline
#17 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:13:22 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Please keep the physical cartridges, I have no interest in using my computer to scrapbook. If I wanted to use the computer with a cutting machine I would have bought the Silhouette or the eclips.
 1 user thanked MJ Scrapper for this useful post.
Di&Co Offline
#18 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:33:45 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 21823 time(s) in 5372 post(s)
I like my physical carts. Don't like CCR and only use it if I have to.

The only reason I bought Cricut is because it has the physical carts.
 1 user thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
*Meg* Offline
#19 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:14:57 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

Well, since you asked...

Sizzix has a cutter that can use (Sizzix brand) cartridges AND cut & design from a free-standing (not online-based) open design program, use SVG files, cut the fonts on your computer, and so on. ECraft also has a cart-based cutter with the option to use open design software.

Regarding Cricut carts, though, I only buy physical carts because CCR is too wonky for me. I don't have the patience to wait out internet/server issues, and I don't want to have to rely on internet service to access my stored files. If PC goes all-digital, I'll stop buying carts, which will be fine as I'll survive perfectly well with my current stash (comprised of more images than I'll ever need in this lifetime or the next).

ETA Not sure how/why this post disappeared then reappeared!

Edited by user Friday, January 10, 2014 7:30:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
Cottage Rose Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 8:27:19 AM(UTC)
Cottage Rose

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 153 post(s)
Count me in...I prefer to have a choice between physical and digital cart's!
 1 user thanked Cottage Rose for this useful post.
Friend958 Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:13:05 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 261 time(s) in 205 post(s)
On of the main selling points for me was that the Circuit was not computer base. I like the physical cart. Haven't use CCR much as it is a real hassle to move the cricut near the computer. Would be more likely to buy single images digitally rather than a whole cart.
 1 user thanked Friend958 for this useful post.
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:39:03 AM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Was thanked: 64 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Here's my vote!!! I can't sit long enough at my computer to design projects - and the handbooks are the only good way to select images!! I was EXTREMELY disappointed when they discontinued Gypsy, and I bought a back-up. But I won't continue with PC if they go all digital - I'll just 'make-do' (hehe) with the 200+ carts I already have!
 1 user thanked GayleWheaton1 for this useful post.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:04:36 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I agree with OP, though I do have a laptop and the other popular electronic die cut machine, I love my Cricut and have recently felt a resergence in love for my E so much that I ordered a ton of Cricut cartridges and product this holiday season and its not like I didn't already own a ton of stuff already. It's always been my go to machine and I love the convenience of grabbing a cart and start cutting. Many times I do not even use my gypsy to design just my E, my cart, mat and paper. Its what's make the Cricut so attractive, besides being easy to use. My son has been cutting on the Cricut since he was 3 with supervision and he's 10! He taught me things on the Gypsy before a manual came out. He doesn't understand the other machine as well, nor does he like it as much. He's spent many days cutting all day on the Cricut, it's unbeatable as a crafty babysitter!
I say focus on coming out with new exciting carts and not doing away with whats made Cricut special in the industry. I think they know this.
I feel Cricut is on an up swing. Great things are coming this year! I haven't been this excited in a longtime.
Annabella Offline
#24 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:43:39 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
I'm with the majority. Stay with the physical!!!

I bought a new E during Black Friday sales. I got a $100. credit for the digital and have no idea what to do with it. I have never used CCR so it is virtually useless for me.

Stay with the PHYSICAL!!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
pdenton66395b2be Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 2:08:50 PM(UTC)
pdenton66395b2be

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would like for PC to keep the cartridges.thank you
 1 user thanked pdenton66395b2be for this useful post.
Scrapperdee Offline
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 5:47:22 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4187 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
- physical carts - ABSOLUTELY!
- keep adding new carts to gypsy - DEFINITELY!

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/11/2014(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 7:57:17 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello All, I don't really know what all the "excitement" is about. The physical cartridges have not been discontinued and Cricut has not announced any plans to discontinue production of physical cartridges. We are a customer based company and we are constantly innovating and developing new products.

-Cricut Gena
 2 users thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
JoyceG on 1/9/2014(UTC), nightmare/fan on 1/9/2014(UTC)
tugglem Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:17:06 PM(UTC)
tugglem

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 225 time(s) in 210 post(s)
I, too, am in favor of the physical carts. No CCR for me!!!
 1 user thanked tugglem for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/9/2014(UTC)
CricutLadyBug Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:34:34 AM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Was thanked: 51 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I will only use physical carts as I own all except some a few. Bought most off eBay because the michaels and Joann's exclusives I wasn't able to find. If they continue to make physical cartridges I will buy, however, if they don't I will use the cartridges I own which is plenty. Either way I want go digital and won't purchase the silhouette. I've invested too much money and i too love the cartridges.
Cricut4life
 1 user thanked CricutLadyBug for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/10/2014(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:20:30 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello All, I don't really know what all the "excitement" is about. The physical cartridges have not been discontinued and Cricut has not announced any plans to discontinue production of physical cartridges. We are a customer based company and we are constantly innovating and developing new products.

-Cricut Gena

Thanks for popping in!

Love my machines and my cartridges. I hope someday you have some tyoe of Gypsy replacement. LOVE my Gypsy. CCR just doesn't work out tor me. My computer does not live in my craft room.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 1/10/2014(UTC)