Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandravolenec2eb3e9fc Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 11:50:00 PM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

Groups: Registered

If my cricut is on its own, not connected to CCR, my dial size is set to 1". Now, if i go into CCR and connect it and put numbers in at 1", it doesnt cut the same shape/size. Now, I realize that real dial size is not pushed on when i normally cut, so it really isnt exactly 1", its closer to a height of .875 or so. How can I get the same size/shape in CCR as what's on the dial size?

I use my machine to cut fabric, so its extremely important for the sizes to be exactly the same, otherwise I'm stuck just waiting to run out of the shapes i have, then convert over to a CCR .9 inch size that atleast would be the same from then on.

I can provide pictures if that's easier too.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:29:34 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7902 time(s) in 3704 post(s)
You have a real size option in CCR too. It's below the keypad.

So if you type 1 in the Default Height box in CCR and make sure the Real Size button is green (meaning it's selected) it will cut out at exactly 1" in height.

If you have Relative size selected it will cut out smaller as the numbers all cut in proportion to the "Key Height character" on that cartridge.

Here's a pic that shows the two sizes using the 8 on the Art Philosophy cart.

The pink was done on the Expression itself. The purple was done on the Expression using CCR. The smaller 8's were done at 1" Relative Size. The bigger 8's were done at 1" Real Size. You can see that regardless of whether I use CCR or not, provided I cut using Real (or Relative) on both they will cut at the same size.

For more information on Real/Relative size and Key Height Character look in the front of your cartridge handbook under "What is Real Dial Size?" (It's usually around page 7.)
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:11:44 AM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

So here is my screen.

Even when the relative button is selected, it prints in real dial size. I tried clicking the relative size, then dragging my numbers on the screen but its still the same.

Now with the cart unhooked from CCR, the relative size is slightly smaller. I need the smaller relative size :(

Edited by user Tuesday, January 07, 2014 10:13:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:16:11 AM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

When i am in ccr, the width is .236 and height is 1 inch, no matter if i'm in relative or real size.

I measured my real size that was cut from the cartridge, not ccr, and its just a hair under .9 inches high and slightly thinner. Any ideas?
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 3:57:37 PM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

Anyone?
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:08:12 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
I don't know why you are getting different sizes when you cut with your machine and with CCR. It looks to me like the images size correctly in CCR. The letter "Q" is the Key Height Character for Sans Serif and when I placed a few images on the mat in CCR, they all sized correctly.

Maybe your Cricut needs a reset? I have the procedure on my blog on the Cricut Help page. Or you could try calling PC and CS might have a solution.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:09:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scrapalette attached the following image(s):
a2-test.jpg
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc on 1/7/2014(UTC)
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:52:44 PM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

The cricut is a brand new one, just got it last night. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling software and drivers.
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:54:49 PM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I don't know why you are getting different sizes when you cut with your machine and with CCR. It looks to me like the images size correctly in CCR. The letter "Q" is the Key Height Character for Sans Serif and when I placed a few images on the mat in CCR, they all sized correctly.

Maybe your Cricut needs a reset? I have the procedure on my blog on the Cricut Help page. Or you could try calling PC and CS might have a solution.

Also, do you drag and drop the letters/numbers or did you do a text box? I tried both but just curious what you did.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:25:32 PM(UTC)
sandravolenec2eb3e9fc

Ok, so i think i determined the problem, for whatever reason, its just the number 1 that wont seem to scale the same size. If i switch to rel size, put on ccr mat, then real size to ccr mat, you can see the difference in size. But, for the number 1, they're exactly the same. :( I guess worst case scenario, i'll just cut my 1's unlinked from CCR and the rest of them on a ccr mat.

edit to add: this is a photo of what I mean.

Left to right:
1 relative size with cart, no ccr. 1 real size with cart no ccr. 1 relative size in CCR, 1 real size in ccr (all 4 are set at 1 inch). Unfortunately, the small number 1 is the one i use the most with my stuff. :(

Edited by user Tuesday, January 07, 2014 11:56:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified