Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
LisaW. Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:18:02 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
It is time for a new set of sketches. Please join us...no rules...just create and share with us. The sketches are just a starting point...feel free to put your own twist on them.

Extra credit: My house is limiting in space so the rule is if you get something new something old has to go. The extra credit is to use something old and something new.

Double extra credit: Did you make any New Years craft resolution? I made several, but one is to try to not create any more scraps. If I use I new sheet of 12 x 12 then the goal is to make several of the same card of use several of the sketches to use the full sheet of paper. The challenge is to use the full sheet of paper.

Sketch #1

[img][/img]

Sketch #2

[img][/img]

Sketch #3

[img][/img]

Sketch #4

Edited by user Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:22:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
mollvamplew4567f6e8 on 1/16/2014(UTC)
Kiethann Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:57:12 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 594 time(s) in 446 post(s)
Lisa W, thanks for all of the sketches and the bonus extra credit. I have a few ideas rolling around in my head. I plan on using up a lot of scraps on these cards. Sure have enough of them. Was sorting through my paper stacks and found a full folder of scraps. Again thank you for the card sketches.
DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:03:35 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Thanks Liza for the great sketches. I think it's a wonderful idea to use scraps. I have two filing boxes full!

Here's this weeks colors. It should lend itself to using lots of old scraps.BigGrin

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
DeeScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:07:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Since when have we been able to stay logged in to the message board? I noticed it last night,

Dee
Kiethann Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:08:38 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Thank you Dee for the add colors.
Kiethann Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:10:31 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Since when have we been able to stay logged in to the message board? I noticed it last night,

Dee

Since they did the last maintenance revision on January 8 this year.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:12:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added comment

*NanaDonna* Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:30:47 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2595 time(s) in 1356 post(s)
Good morning ladies. Thank Lisa for hosting the great sketches there are so many possibilities using them. Great extra credit, I love your idea of making more than one card from a sheet of paper if you like how it came out. I always tell myself to do that but then never do, maybe that would be a LATE New Years resolution for meBigGrin The double extra credit is good also I am ashamed Blushing to say I have a few Cricut cartridges that I bought and have not used so maybe if I use them that would be something new and something old all in oneLOL LOL new because I have never used it and old because I have had it a while.

Dee thanks for the ad colors what an interesting combination I will certainly have to look through my scraps and papers to see what I can find with these colors.

and yes Dee I noticed last night also that we are staying logged in longer YEAH!Flapper
DeeScraps Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:33:08 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Nana Donna.....I think it's keeping us logged in until you sign out. I logged in last night and I was still logged in when I turned on the computer this morning. It's so much easier to pop in and out and comment that way.

Dee
TurtleBug Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:27:28 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 939 time(s) in 604 post(s)
Lisa,
Thanks so much for Hosting and for the the neat sketches. I have a question...on the last sketch is the gray area part of the sketch also or just the center? Ready to get started soon and thanks also for the two Extra Credits. Talk about scraps....every drawer, bin, folder, box, etc. that I open I find....SCRAPS!!!!
With the negative cuts I can not use for much of anything, I put them through a shredder that shreds them into confetti size cuts and when I have a trash bag full I give them to my daughter and she takes them to the church where she works and the kids and Seniors use them when making assorted crafts, like Cascarones and making confetti filled ornnaments at Christmas time, etc.
Love the something new/something old Extra Credit. I have plenty of "something olds", that at the time I JUST had to have, and there they sit, unused. And, I have a few "something news" that I recieved at Christmas and am anxious to try out.

Dee,
Loving the Ad Color Challenge, thanks for posting them right away, I can now decide which sketch to use the colors on.Smile
LisaW. Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:35:13 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug...I think on sketch 4 the brown/gray was just a shadow and not actually part of the design but I think it could go either wayBigGrin
TurtleBug on 1/15/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 2:04:24 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Dee

Hi Dee,
I was surprised, too, but , SOOOOOOOOO happy it stays on now. I have lost so many of my comments before because I walked away and when I came back it showed "Page Expired" or "Access Denied". How was I to know how much time I had left before it shut down??
It would be nice if they posted a message when they do changes and let us know "what is what", so we can prepare for them. NOOOOO, we have to figure out the "Why, and what do we do about it now?" Surprising they even have a mind to post they will be shut down overnight to do "Improvements".
britishgirl Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:41:13 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
I get logged out every time i close my browser still i leave my computer on but shut the browser down when i am not going to be on for awhile
*NanaDonna* Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 5:57:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello all it was a very busy and exciting day for us, did not even get in my craftroom we were gone most of the day.
We found out today and little Miss Emma will be a big sister to a BROTHER we are all so so very excited that it is BOY.BigGrin BigGrin ThumpUp Tongue Wub

Emma's Daddy was a very special child that we are so happy that we are going to have a little Nate LOL

We leave early in the morning to Las Vegas so I won't be on here till Tuesday night. Then Wednesday morning I hope to get in my room and get started on the sketches.

PS I logged on yesterday then shut down my computer and when I opened it right now I was STILL logged into the MB YIPPEE
TurtleBug Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 16, 2014 6:03:04 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug...I think on sketch 4 the brown/gray was just a shadow and not actually part of the design but I think it could go either wayBigGrin

Lisa,
Guess I didn't ask the question correctly. What I meant was.... is the large outer square that everything else sits on, the base card, or is the sketch just the frame with the ribbon/bow sitting on the white base card???
Sorry for asking again, but just want to know if I am interpreting the sketch correctly.
Thanks!!
BingoLady Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 1:40:25 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 643 post(s)
# 1 sketch and some of the ad colors. I used Lacy Labels for the center cut,
and the flower is from Cindy Loo carts.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
img034.jpg
LisaW. Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 3:00:02 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug: My thinking is the large outer square is the base...at least that is how I interpreted it when I copied it:).

Lisa
TurtleBug on 1/25/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, January 17, 2014 5:01:02 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug: My thinking is the large outer square is the base...at least that is how I interpreted it when I copied it:).

Lisa

Lisa,
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!! I think I have it now, was having a senior moment with this sketch for some reason!!LOL LOL

Joyful Carol Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:25:24 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Hello, my paper crafting friends! So sorry to have missed the last few weeks. The new sketches look very inviting indeed! I hope to get in my craft room and get some cleaning done first and then start messing it all up again.LOL I had a bad spell with my lower back and spent almost a week in bed. Crying Still trying to catch up on things from that episode. Then problem #2 was internet problems. Flapper My husband fixed that problem with going with a new provider this week. I have not been kicked off of the internet since Wednesday! I do believe that internet service problem has been eliminated.ThumpUp Looking forward to coming up with some new creations to start off the new year. It would be great to get a head start on some cards.
LisaW. Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 19, 2014 8:24:23 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

hmmm...post did not work.

Hello ladies...hope everybody had a great weekend. Had big plans to get some scrapping in after finishing my shift and after daughter's bball game. After her game I was wore out...we scored on the last second and won 17-16. Points were hard to come by lol. Then family whined because I wanted to scrap instead of watch TV...ended up watching TV for a couple hours. After dinner I insisted on "me time."

Sketch #1 (all scraps and made 2). This is for my niece that is 30 ish...not married, lots of bright tattoos so that is why I went with these paper scraps.

No cricut
Cuttlebug: Spellbingers: Circle and the other one behind it (purple). I don't know what it is called.
Paper: CTMH...Laughing Lola
Stamp: CTMH...Heartfelt Birthday Wish
CTMH...Laughing Lola

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0634.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 3:34:00 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hi Lisa,
Sorry I have been MIA! Had a busy Thursday (Drs. appt and errands)and Friday (dinner w/ DD and family) and then took off to Phoenix for a week-end Soccer Tournament. Today Hubby had Dr. appt, then running errands again and just got back home. The MB is really quiet, but I promise to get going on your sketches and will post soon. As far as BingoLady, I think she has been having computer problems and might be the reason she has not posted her cards, I will give her a call to come post from here if she needs to. AND, we all know NanaDonna is living it up in Las Vegas!!LOLLOL
Kiethann Offline
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:17:15 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Bingo Lady, like the paper you used for your card sketch 1. Also like the flowers you used on the card.

Lisa W, your card sketch 1 is very pretty and am sure your niece will like the wild pattern on the card.

Hope to get one or two cards made this week. Have a few ideas but am still working on two swaps I signed up for.
TurtleBug Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:03:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Finally got a card made!!

My Sketch Card #4

Frame - Accent Essentials cartridge
Cherries & Sentiment - CTMH acrylic stamps from the "Sweet Life" collection
Polka Dot Paper - 6X6 "Darling Dear" stack by Studio Calico
Embossing - "Leafy Branch" Cuttlebug folder
I added a Ladybug brad and Bumble Bee & LadyBug rub-ons
I used watercolor pencils to color the image and added Diamond Glaze to the Cherries for a 3-D effect and for dimension.
TFL!!Smile

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
tigger2000 on 1/25/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:45:58 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
#1 - Very pretty paper, love the colors and the matching flower ribbon. The flower cut is a perfect match to the floral paper, and like the way you shadowed it and added the bow. Very nice card!

Joyful Carol
Sorry you have been having back trouble, hope all is better and you will be back to crafting soon.Smile

Lisa
You sound like my DH and I on the week-ends, for us it is Soccer, Soccer, Soccer!! It means so much to Joey for us to be there and he ALWAYS thanks us after each game for going. He is such a sweetheart and thoughtful kid...it makes it all so worthwhile!!
#1 and Ex. Credit - Perfect designed papers for your Tattoo-loving Niece. She will love all the bright colors and patterns. LOVE the Paisly paper, and the birthday stamp cause it could also be colored in to match the color theme of a card. Bet it didn't take all that much more time or effort to make a second card...great idea!

LisaW. Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:13:03 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Turtlebug: Love sketch #4...red is my favorite color. The ladybug on the top is perfect. Great job on the coloring.

Yes for the next 2 months it will be all about bball. They changed the rules on us this year so a little more interesting for the girls.

I have all my sketches drawn out in my head...just not sure of the paper yet. Trying to avoid going to HL but might have to...it is close to daughter's practice so wouldn't be too much trouble, lol.

Lisa

TurtleBug on 1/21/2014(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:14:19 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My #2 card

1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:16:12 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

My #3 Card

BingoLady Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 7:45:00 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Thankyou Turtlebug for posting my cards on PhotoBucket. They came out so nice.
When I get the new computer hooked, I will learn how to post on photo B.
I used Animal Kingdom cart for both cards. It was so nice to use a lot of scraps.
A big hello to all of you.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/22/2014(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:51:14 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #3 with "Something New" and "Use Scraps" Extra Credits:

Something New - My DD gave me a Fiskar Interchangeable punch with four punches. This is the first time I use it.
Telephone Cut - FROM MY KITCHEN cartridge
Banners - Cut in Cricut Craft Room using the ARTIST cartridge
"Hello" - Rubber Stamp from Michael's Dollar Bin. Used a Heart mini punch
Embossing "Cane Back Chair" Cuttlebug folder
Pattern Paper - Michael's Single Sheet Rack.
TFL!!Smile

Edited by user Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:55:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:19:04 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is a sketch #3. I started not to post it because when I got all finished I realized that there was no Cricut cut. I had planned on using a bird cut, but thought oh I shall use one of those dragonfly dimensional stickers that I have had for a long time- thus using something old for extra credit. I used a scallop around the page punch that I had not used for a long time. The new was some paper from a recent purchase. So, I declare that I receive a smile Smile for extra credit, but a thumbs down and a frown ThumbDown for not using a cricut cut! I am alright with that. Wink It was good to be back to creating something with paper! Good therapy!
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Dragonfly birthday.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:21:53 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello everyone we are back from our little trip. Had a good time and it felt good to get away.

Lisa I love the sketches and have them all printed out, I have a couple birthday cards to finish up then I can get to work on them. Boy one whole week of this challenge is gone already I sure hope I can get the sketches done.

Great cards so far.....................