Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kettyscottc568ce81 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:51:52 PM(UTC)
kettyscottc568ce81

Groups: Registered

I haven't used my Cricut in a few years and a friend just told me about Craft Room. If I own a physical cartridge can I still use Craft Room? I don't own mini monsters and I just want to print "Pumpkin Patch" from Mini Monsters. Do I need to buy the whole cartridge or can I just pay for the phrase and the phrase background? How much do images cost? How much does the cartridge cost? I can't find my USB cord to hook it up which is why I don't think I can see costs. I have ordered a new one from Cricut, but until it comes in, I am at a loss.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:12:51 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 878 time(s) in 416 post(s)
yes you can use your physical carts with craftroom either by linking them to your account which means you won't have to insert them into the machine each time you use it or you can insert them into the machine and cut without having to link. Some link some do not. I don't. once linked, they can't be unlinked but the physical carts can still be used in any machine whether linked or not.

Looks like mini monsters is available to buy digital for $21.00 but does not look like it is one of the carts that individual images can be purchased. Going by the list of carts in ccr library.
If you buy the digital form, you will not have a physical cart. It will be in your cricut account and show up in your "my cartridges" library in ccr. To purchase, just find and click on the cart from the all carts list and at the bottom of the virtual keyboard to the left is the "buy" link that takes you to the shopping cart

As long as you are connected to the internet, you should be able to see and do anything in ccr without your machine being connected by usb except cut. It has to be connected only to be able to cut your designs. Ccr is great, I never use my machine without it.

You can get a usb cable anywhere - walmart, office supply stores or if you have a printer using a usb cord, it is the same thing - can just borrow from your printer.

hope this helps

Edited by user Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:15:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 2/8/2014(UTC)
kettyscottc568ce81 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:36:16 PM(UTC)
kettyscottc568ce81

Thanks so much!! Very helpful!!BigGrin
pam_scarbrougha3eb0ef9 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 6:54:01 PM(UTC)
pam_scarbrougha3eb0ef9

Thank you!!! I didn't have a cord for hooking up my Cricut to my computer...my printer cable!!! Perfect.
PamLove
tigger2000 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 7:14:08 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I own mini monsters. If you want, tell me which image you want and what size/colors and I can cut it for you Smile