Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Annabella Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:24:23 PM(UTC)
Annabella

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
the new machine is geared for the new Cricut people-not all of us who have been here for the last 10 or so years.

Couldn't people see that J's selling carts for $19.99, and the machines for $150. even after the Black Friday sales were long finished.

Instead of complaining that PC has done me wrong-go find the machine that will fit YOUR style.

I have made cards for the past 10 years and in cleaning out after Christmas I have decide to have a yard sale in the spring. I am overloaded with STUFF that I do not use any more. My style has seriously changed and in cleaning out I can get rid of what I have and buy what I want.

This is no ones fault-no ones problem-this is just life. I have been following new blogs and figured out my style is no where near what I have in my collection.

I am also getting in to doing a few layouts. The goal this year is to gather up all my pics and put them in order. After this I want to work hard on scrapping these and getting the feel of how I want to go on.
THIS IS LIFE-TIME CHANGES- STYLES CHANGE-DON'T BLAME A MANUFACTURER FOR SOMETHING THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 1:26:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

11 users thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/24/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), nightmare/fan on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/25/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 1/25/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 1/25/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/26/2014(UTC), 4TheLoveOfDisney on 1/27/2014(UTC), kynlea on 1/27/2014(UTC)
curious george II Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:24:05 AM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Annabella Go to Quoted Post
the new machine is geared for the new Cricut people-not all of us who have been here for the last 10 or so years.

Couldn't people see that J's selling carts for $19.99, and the machines for $150. even after the Black Friday sales were long finished.

Instead of complaining that PC has done me wrong-go find the machine that will fit YOUR style.

I have made cards for the past 10 years and in cleaning out after Christmas I have decide to have a yard sale in the spring. I am overloaded with STUFF that I do not use any more. My style has seriously changed and in cleaning out I can get rid of what I have and buy what I want.

This is no ones fault-no ones problem-this is just life. I have been following new blogs and figured out my style is no where near what I have in my collection.

I am also getting in to doing a few layouts. The goal this year is to gather up all my pics and put them in order. After this I want to work hard on scrapping these and getting the feel of how I want to go on.
THIS IS LIFE-TIME CHANGES- STYLES CHANGE-DON'T BLAME A MANUFACTURER FOR SOMETHING THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH.

I certainly agree with you on all of your points unfortunately I didnt buy my Imagine when it was first released because I didnt have the money in the budget for it. But I did pay over $200.00 for my Imagine. Sometimes I have struggled with my machine, I have wanted to heave it on my front lawn through my picture window until I thought about it and realized I will have to pay for a window and the lost of a machine. So I stepped back take a breather and go surf the boards to find a solution to my issue at the moment. Thanks to Narelle, SoSheScraps, Melody Lane, and a few others I have used their broad base knowledge and videos to help me solve some of the smallest issues that seemed so huge in my mind.

Okay PC has developed a new machine and if I could afford it I would buy it whether the kinks had been worked out or not because the Explorer has somethings that I like and somethings that I dont. This is a "take the good with the bad" world out here and if you like the Explorer buy it if you dont leave it. It is a personal preference. Maybe that is why PC had decided to put the machine out in February instead of before Christmas to make sure the start up kinks had been comepletely worked out. Like anything worth having in our techno world that have updates and revision to the programs for instance look at MS windows how many versions of Windows have been out since 1998. . . I can count at least 7 from Windows 98 to Windows 8.1 but we take those updates with a grain of salt and keep it moving. Am I bashing anyone one no but "we" and when i say "we" if the shoe fits wear it. . .are bashing a machine that has not even made its debut. So lets give the Explorer a chance to be explored and those of us who dont want to explore stay in the comfort of your comfort zone and rock on. . .either way "we" will be one big happy crafting family with whatever decision you make. Signing off. . .

Curious II

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2014 1:26:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users thanked curious george II for this useful post.
cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/25/2014(UTC), Nolu on 1/25/2014(UTC), craftieoma on 1/26/2014(UTC), kynlea on 1/27/2014(UTC), MissAnn on 1/31/2014(UTC)
ScrappyNana Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 4:21:30 AM(UTC)
ScrappyNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 98 post(s)
I feel the same way; so much has changed in the crafting world since I first started. You just have to look around and see how few scrapbook stores there are now; how many major magazines there were compared to now - pick up a Creating Keepsakes magazine lately? I have tons of different wood mount stamps in tubs under the bed because I just do not use them any more.

There are new Ipads and new Phones that come out almost every year and you can choose to get the new -- updated one or not. I brought the Imagine at the beginning,. I have the E2 and a mini and I will buy the new technology - it is my choice -- just like buying a new Ipad or Iphone is my choice.

A manufacturer puts out new products that are technology based and tells you that there are going to be future enhancements to it -- I think that is great! You get to know in advance what is coming -- most technology companies will not tell you that.

I am looking forward to the release!

Laurel
 5 users thanked ScrappyNana for this useful post.
nightmare/fan on 1/25/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/25/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 1/25/2014(UTC), AmyInPa on 1/25/2014(UTC), Lilygirl on 1/27/2014(UTC)
Di&Co Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:19:27 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Was thanked: 21516 time(s) in 5323 post(s)
I agree, the way I scrapped when I started looks nothing like I scrap now. I initially bought my cricut to make titles. I thought back then all I needed was George and another font and I was set for a long time.

THen I found this board and my whole crafting life changed.

Do I expect my machines that I bought seven years ago to be upgraded to the latest and greatest? Of course not. No different than buying a camera, you keep buying new to update.

I still love how my old bugs work.

Looking forward to see how the new one works.
 6 users thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
Nolu on 1/25/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 1/25/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/25/2014(UTC), bethdoc on 1/25/2014(UTC), LovelyLady on 1/25/2014(UTC), craftieoma on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:48:36 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Di&Co Go to Quoted Post
I agree, the way I scrapped when I started looks nothing like I scrap now. I initially bought my cricut to make titles. I thought back then all I needed was George and another font and I was set for a long time. THen I found this board and my whole crafting life changed. Do I expect my machines that I bought seven years ago to be upgraded to the latest and greatest? Of course not. No different than buying a camera, you keep buying new to update.
I still love how my old bugs work. Looking forward to see how the new one works.

Working in office I know that technology is always needs to be updated. The first computer I worked on in an office was obsolete within two years; did the company complain (possibly) and fold, no they purchased better computers for everyone; and hoped people would work faster and better. Personally, I love, love, love computers and what they can do ---not only for crafting but in general. The world is open to so many people who couldn't/can't travel. I know I got off topic sorry.

So I can't wait for the Explore to launch it is as exciting to me as CCR was. Just knowing I can cut and print at the same time w/o switching blades is awesome (to me); and knowing I can cut so many different materials is also awesome; and best of all I can pick a project and it all appears on a mat for me...gosh, how cool is that. Especially if you are in a rush. Let's face it not everyone is creative or wants to create there own designs. I don't and never will that is why I love, love, love, Cricut.

CCR was the best invention from PC for me; Yeah I know many people don't like CCR & that's what it's all about. There is something out there for everyone. I haven't used my Gypsy since I learned CCR and I loved the G. My eyesight ain't what it used to be, CCR works best for me.

Sorry for the long post.
Best, Mary R.

2 users thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/25/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 1/25/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:38:13 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I really don't think the not-impressed-with-the-Explore people are anti-tech or anything like that. Lots of us have machines that (minus the PC-image aspect and the requirement to be online) already do what the Explore does. And more.

MANY Cricut devotees use their current machines in locations that do not have internet. We specifically bought into the Cricut system because it was advertised as being a portable, non-computer, non-internet cutting system (and easy-to-use is a big plus). The Gypsy was icing on the cake. (And we've become addicted to that icing!)

The new system cannot be used without internet. Even making a cut straight from a cart will require being logged into the new design program.

This would not be a problem at all if, considering PC's history, the new system wasn't also a death-knell to the old system of computerless, internetless, portable cutting.

Yes, companies put out new technology all the time. However, when I upgraded from an iPod to an iPod Touch, I could still use all the songs in my iTunes library the way I bought them to be used -- the way they were meant to be used -- which is on a portable listening device. Apple didn't put out a new device that required I be sitting at my computer in order to listen to my songs.

Had the Provo Craft's new machine been a new & improved Gypsy or Gypsy-type device, or even a new & improved Expression1-type machine (the E2 drives me nuts with the tiny screen & scrolling through menus), I'd have been dancing in the street. But an internet-dependent machine that can't even cut straight from a cart, yet another internet-dependent design program, an app that, per CricutGena, is only for managing Make It Now (pre-designed?) projects, and a bunch of features that won't be ready at launch??? No dancing here.

Pointing out the reasons the new system won't work for us (the "old school" folks who want to be offline) doesn't mean we're anti-tech or anti-PC. We can be disappointed about not getting what we hoped for and still be happy that some people are getting their pony.

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2014 6:56:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 1/25/2014(UTC), Leahdax on 1/25/2014(UTC), sewnmachine on 1/26/2014(UTC), HelloTink on 2/4/2014(UTC)
bethdoc Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:02:16 AM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1194 time(s) in 805 post(s)
I guess it depends on whether you think cricut will abandon the old style, internet-less cutting (ie. old E and E2), or Not. People are nervous because of the Imagine debacle, and the gypsy being discontinued (although still supported, for now)
I don't think they will abandon the old stuff for a long time, I'm sure they have tons of Es and E2s to sell. Big market for this, but people that want to cut without internet can still use the old machines.

The new Explore will not suit everyone. I think cricut wanted to tap into that new market also. They are trying to get new customers, clearly the ones that don't care if they have to be on the internet.
I guess everyone would like one machine that does everything we want because then we only need to have one machine, not two or three. May never happen though. The machine that can't be mentioned does so much, but doesn't cut cricut carts, so that's a problem for cricut owners. You either have two machines or live with what PC puts out.

3 users thanked bethdoc for this useful post.
blackbearblackbear on 1/25/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/25/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Cricuteer Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:15:49 AM(UTC)
Cricuteer

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I personally own an Expression Anniversary, 5 expressions, 1 cricut cake, 1 mini, 1 imagine, gypsy, jukebox, 1 create and a cuttlebug, and love the craft room. I own 250+ carts and buy what I want in images. I love the idea of the explore and can't wait for it. Things change, but I can always use the old ways and carts anytime that I want. I guess we all need to just be happy with what we have and enjoy that someone else is willing to create new things in new ways. I have a laptop that is used exculsively for the craftroom and to explore for new ideas in the cricut realm. So it is no big deal to link to the internet for me. I update my machines regularly. I just wish February 12 could get here sooner.... I love new gadgets and love the old gadgets. Happy camper I am and will always be. PC keep up the good work and as someone previously said, get what makes you happy and use that. Have a great weekend!!BigGrin
 6 users thanked Cricuteer for this useful post.
blackbearblackbear on 1/25/2014(UTC), LovelyLady on 1/25/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/25/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 1/26/2014(UTC), ScrappyNana on 1/26/2014(UTC), craftieoma on 1/26/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 7:12:23 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Originally Posted by: bethdoc Go to Quoted Post
I guess it depends on whether you think cricut will abandon the old style, internet-less cutting (ie. old E and E2), or Not. People are nervous because of the Imagine debacle, and the gypsy being discontinued (although still supported, for now)
I don't think they will abandon the old stuff for a long time, I'm sure they have tons of Es and E2s to sell. Big market for this, but people that want to cut without internet can still use the old machines.

The new Explore will not suit everyone. I think cricut wanted to tap into that new market also. They are trying to get new customers, clearly the ones that don't care if they have to be on the internet.
I guess everyone would like one machine that does everything we want because then we only need to have one machine, not two or three. May never happen though. The machine that can't be mentioned does so much, but doesn't cut cricut carts, so that's a problem for cricut owners. You either have two machines or live with what PC puts out.

If one takes history into account, the Expressions are on borrowed time. That's the only reason I (and others) have negative feelings toward the new system. We're worried, based upon our experience with this company and its products, that the whole reason we invested in the Cricut system in the first place is about to go up in smoke.

It would be wonderful if PC would make an announcement that they're taking two paths forward; one for the digital/internet folks, and one for the physical cart/portability folks. While it could certainly be done with one machine, I doubt PC would cut us a break like that. lol Still, two separate machines that do what you want is better than nothing.

If the Explore really does have great cutting precision, that means PC can make a great cutter. That also means there's no technology-based reason -- IF Provo Craft wants to remain in the physical cart/portable game -- we can't have an Expression 3 that cuts equally as well and is able to use physical carts without being online. Throw us a new & improved Gypsy to use with an E3 and there will be dancing in the streets.
 2 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/26/2014(UTC), Steelwillow on 2/1/2014(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:45:10 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
Amen sister!!! BigGrin

Joyce
Leahdax Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:13:22 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappyNana Go to Quoted Post
I feel the same way; so much has changed in the crafting world since I first started. You just have to look around and see how few scrapbook stores there are now; how many major magazines there were compared to now - pick up a Creating Keepsakes magazine lately? I have tons of different wood mount stamps in tubs under the bed because I just do not use them any more.

There are new Ipads and new Phones that come out almost every year and you can choose to get the new -- updated one or not. I brought the Imagine at the beginning,. I have the E2 and a mini and I will buy the new technology - it is my choice -- just like buying a new Ipad or Iphone is my choice.

A manufacturer puts out new products that are technology based and tells you that there are going to be future enhancements to it -- I think that is great! You get to know in advance what is coming -- most technology companies will not tell you that.

I am looking forward to the release!

Laurel

Except that alot of the future enhancements that PC tells you are coming (thereby enticing you to purchase their new product) never materialize.

Originally Posted by: Mary R. Go to Quoted Post
----------
Working in office I know that technology is always needs to be updated. The first computer I worked on in an office was obsolete within two years; did the company complain (possibly) and fold, no they purchased better computers for everyone; and hoped people would work faster and better. Personally, I love, love, love computers and what they can do ---not only for crafting but in general. The world is open to so many people who couldn't/can't travel. I know I got off topic sorry.

So I can't wait for the Explore to launch it is as exciting to me as CCR was. Just knowing I can cut and print at the same time w/o switching blades is awesome (to me); and knowing I can cut so many different materials is also awesome; and best of all I can pick a project and it all appears on a mat for me...gosh, how cool is that. Especially if you are in a rush. Let's face it not everyone is creative or wants to create there own designs. I don't and never will that is why I love, love, love, Cricut.

CCR was the best invention from PC for me; Yeah I know many people don't like CCR & that's what it's all about. There is something out there for everyone. I haven't used my Gypsy since I learned CCR and I loved the G. My eyesight ain't what it used to be, CCR works best for me.

Sorry for the long post.
Best, Mary R.

Yeah, but you didn't have to buy a new machine to use CCR. The new Design Space software doesn't work with the older machines. It only works with the Explore. And the Explore only works with the Design Space software. You can't use it with your G or with your carts. And don't forget, you can't use it without internet. I would say that the E is the machine that has something for everyone. The E let you craft your way - with carts, with a Gypsy or with your computer. It's a shame that PC is forcing people to forego the enhancements of the new software in order to retain their crafting options.
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
*Meg* on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Mary R. Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:59:51 AM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
Except that alot of the future enhancements that PC tells you are coming (thereby enticing you to purchase their new product) never materialize.

Yeah, but you didn't have to buy a new machine to use CCR. The new Design Space software doesn't work with the older machines. It only works with the Explore. And the Explore only works with the Design Space software. You can't use it with your G or with your carts. And don't forget, you can't use it without internet. I would say that the E is the machine that has something for everyone. The E let you craft your way - with carts, with a Gypsy or with your computer. It's a shame that PC is forcing people to forego the enhancements of the new software in order to retain their crafting options.

So very true. There is an 'extra button' on the E that was supposed to have a feature added down the road, that never materialized.

Please note, my post was not intended to upset any one. Just my thoughts/personal opinionMellow.

Best, Mary R.

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 2:00:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Mary R. for this useful post.
*Meg* on 1/26/2014(UTC)
ScrappyNana Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:08:59 AM(UTC)
ScrappyNana

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 98 post(s)
I have every cart that PC has ever issued, I have every machine that has been put out, so I think I can speak from some level of experience.

Sure there have been times that things did not always work out quite as planned, like the Imagine, but they are not the only company where a product ended up not working out as planned. I think if we thought about it we could list a lot of cases, but I do not want to have PC go away and have my 400 plus cartridges be absolutely worthless either! I love the company's products. I see them coming up with a wonderful new product and I am excited about it.

We are all different in our expectations, and I respect everyone's right to their own opinion, please respect other's and do not "rain" on their parade!

There is just way too much negative stuff - if you do not want to buy the new machine then don't but quit trying to convince others not to -- I just do not understand what your real reason for this really is -- what are you really trying to gain???

Laurel

5 users thanked ScrappyNana for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/26/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/26/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 1/26/2014(UTC), craftieoma on 1/26/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/26/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#14 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:28:17 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6894 time(s) in 2801 post(s)
Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post
If one takes history into account, the Expressions are on borrowed time. That's the only reason I (and others) have negative feelings toward the new system. We're worried, based upon our experience with this company and its products, that the whole reason we invested in the Cricut system in the first place is about to go up in smoke.

It would be wonderful if PC would make an announcement that they're taking two paths forward; one for the digital/internet folks, and one for the physical cart/portability folks. While it could certainly be done with one machine, I doubt PC would cut us a break like that. lol Still, two separate machines that do what you want is better than nothing.

If the Explore really does have great cutting precision, that means PC can make a great cutter. That also means there's no technology-based reason -- IF Provo Craft wants to remain in the physical cart/portable game -- we can't have an Expression 3 that cuts equally as well and is able to use physical carts without being online. Throw us a new & improved Gypsy to use with an E3 and there will be dancing in the streets.

According to this chart regular Cricut Cartridges will still be made.

http://www.cricut.com/home/images/default-source/blog-images/Cricut_Image_Model.jpg
Jooniper Offline
#15 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:11:43 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Okay, so if I'm reading it right, that chart above says the Explore can use a physical cart without having to link the cart. If that is correct then I will definitely be buying the Explore. As of right now I want the Explore, but don't want to link my carts. My Hubby did say I could still get it and not link my carts, and just use it with my digital carts and to cut SVGs and TTFs. And when I want to use a cart I can use my Mini with CCR. Smile

I wish we could get clarification on if it will use carts without them having to be linked.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#16 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:24:05 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1934 time(s) in 951 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Okay, so if I'm reading it right, that chart above says the Explore can use a physical cart without having to link the cart. If that is correct then I will definitely be buying the Explore. As of right now I want the Explore, but don't want to link my carts. My Hubby did say I could still get it and not link my carts, and just use it with my digital carts and to cut SVGs and TTFs. And when I want to use a cart I can use my Mini with CCR. Smile

I wish we could get clarification on if it will use carts without them having to be linked.

I really like your husband!
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Scrappygal Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:26:16 AM(UTC)
Scrappygal

United States

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 54 post(s)
If you look at the chart under Cartridge Online and look at the X with the three stars it says "when linked to your user account". That means the carts have to be linked to your account in order to be used in the Explore doesn't it or am I reading it wrong? This is kind of confusing because there is also an X in the Physical Cartridge box.

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:42:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:37:27 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: Scrappygal Go to Quoted Post
If you look at the chart under Cartridge Online and look at the xwith the three stars it says "when linked to your user account". That means the carts have to be linked to your account in order to be used in the Explore doesn't it or am I reading it wrong?

I'm confused about that as well. And I am reading it as if it will work like the Mini and you can insert the cart without linking the cart.
Jooniper Offline
#19 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:40:38 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I really like your husband!

I watch your videos all the time and my Hubby knows who you are, as he listens to what I watch on YouTube. My Son knows who you are and will watch your vids with me.
*Meg* Offline
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:46:27 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Originally Posted by: MaryScraps Go to Quoted Post
According to this chart regular Cricut Cartridges will still be made.

But the million dollar question is: Will PC still make machines that can use physical carts WITHOUT a computer and WITHOUT being online?

And the corollary: Will there be a design program and/or portable device these machines can use?

melodylanedesigns Offline
#21 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:04:15 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1934 time(s) in 951 post(s)
I watch your videos all the time and my Hubby knows who you are, as he listens to what I watch on YouTube. My Son knows who you are and will watch your vids with me.

Thanks! I have been hearing more people say their husbands watch the videos too and sometimes ask about me, i'm also told how litle kids love them too. Thanks for letting me know. I love to hear it. I did not get a vlog video out yet today, it will be late I have a baby shower to go to.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
MaryScraps Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 12:47:08 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6894 time(s) in 2801 post(s)
But the million dollar question is: Will PC still make machines that can use physical carts WITHOUT a computer and WITHOUT being online?

And the corollary: Will there be a design program and/or portable device these machines can use?

As far as what Cricut Gena has posted they are.
I will try to find the links for her statements.

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello All! There is no need to panic about Cricut Craft Room. While we have released the announcement highlighting the new Cricut Explore and Design Space technology, we have no plans to discontinue support for our current products! We love Cricut Craft Room and our legacy machines! And we know our customers do to!-Cricut Gena

Hello All!

To answer your questions about design space and our legacy machines, with all the advances in technology not available in previous machines or those of our competitors, we are excited to provide this amazing new software for the Cricut Explore. We are still looking into options on backwards compatibility as we continue to support our current Cricut owners.

-Cricut Gena

Hello All, I don't really know what all the "excitement" is about. The physical cartridges have not been discontinued and Cricut has not announced any plans to discontinue production of physical cartridges. We are a customer based company and we are constantly innovating and developing new products.

-Cricut Gena

They will keep CCR and continue to make cartridges.
Until they say differently. I'm not going to worry about it.
The Cricut expression came out in IDK 2007 or 2008? I'm not sure.
I got my first Cricut Expression in 2008.
They just had it on black Friday again last year.
So it has been produced for 6-7yrs now.
I would say if and until they get the backwards compatibility working.
That is when CCR would be discontinued.

In fact Anna Griffin announced there will be a new Cricut Cartridge with her designs coming out in May.
Anna Griffin Blog

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 1:07:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricketCMV Online
#23 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:06:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8155 time(s) in 4778 post(s)
I'm confused about that as well. And I am reading it as if it will work like the Mini and you can insert the cart without linking the cart.

I have never seen any statement that says we can use the cartridge without linking. EVERYTHING I HAVE READ SAYS WE HAVE TO LINK THE CARTRIDGES. They only way I've seen it written suggests to me we WILL BE REQUIRED TO LINK with this newest machine. (We were given the option with CCR; we are not being given the option this time, at least I've have never seen it).

Char

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:07:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:33:22 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I read that, too, but then Cricut posted a chart and there is an X in the physical cartridge space and an X for linking cartridges. That is why I'm now confused. Confused

See the chart attached.

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 3:34:23 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
CricutCrazy Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:19:32 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1012 time(s) in 732 post(s)

From what I have been told, PC has been trying to eliminate physical cartridges in a gradual "phase out" . One of their reasons for this is MONEYSneaky . Once you link your cartridge to your CCR account or to a Gypsy or the new machines, you will never be able to let someone else purchase your used cartridge because they will not be able to access the cartridge on their machine. Also, eventually you will have to buy all images online, or create your own images on your computer to print and cut. The Explore has no screen and no keypad capability as you can readily see. Therefore, there is no way that you can use your cartridge without first registering it on CCR to allow the computer to guide your selections to your Cricut machine.

If you are like me and you prefer to use a cartridge and keypad, my advise to you is to buy a "backup" Cricut Expression while you still can because they are being discontinued. I admit - I am a DINOSAUR LOL I do not wish to hook up my machine to a computer all the time. It is always crashing on CCR, so I have given up on it.
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 1/26/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Online
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:23:48 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

I read that, too, but then Cricut posted a chart and there is an X in the physical cartridge space and an X for linking cartridges. That is why I'm now confused. Confused

See the chart attached.

I have never seen this chart; thanks for showing us, Jooniper. I think you're right...if that chart is from PC. I need to look at it again! Okay, it's not clear who made up that chart. Do you remember where you saw this information on PC's website; not doubting you, but I thought I had read all the info on the site and I don't remember seeing this chart.

Char
CricketCMV Online
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:28:50 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
From what I have been told, PC has been trying to eliminate physical cartridges in a gradual "phase out" . One of their reasons for this is MONEYSneaky . Once you link your cartridge to your CCR account or to a Gypsy or the new machines, you will never be able to let someone else purchase your used cartridge because they will not be able to access the cartridge on their machine. Also, eventually you will have to buy all images online, or create your own images on your computer to print and cut. The Explore has no screen and no keypad capability as you can readily see. Therefore, there is no way that you can use your cartridge without first registering it on CCR to allow the computer to guide your selections to your Cricut machine.

If you are like me and you prefer to use a cartridge and keypad, my advise to you is to buy a "backup" Cricut Expression while you still can because they are being discontinued. I admit - I am a DINOSAUR LOL I do not wish to hook up my machine to a computer all the time. It is always crashing on CCR, so I have given up on it.

If all this is true, I will not want to hook my newest (backup) Expression to CCR/my computer. I will merely use it as a stand-alone. I can LOVE what that does without the welding if I have to do that. I will use my Expression and MINI I have online for as long as I possibly can; hope PC doesn't turn CCR off if we don't buy the new machines or do something to render our machines useless in CCR. This is scaring me to buy a new EXPLORE, because I'm afraid it might make my CCR useless with my other machines.

Char
Jooniper Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 6:58:29 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I have never seen this chart; thanks for showing us, Jooniper. I think you're right...if that chart is from PC. I need to look at it again! Okay, it's not clear who made up that chart. Do you remember where you saw this information on PC's website; not doubting you, but I thought I had read all the info on the site and I don't remember seeing this chart.

Char

They recently added the chart to their "Have questions about the Cricut Explore system?" Page

http://www.cricut.com/home/cricutblog/cricutblog2013/2014/01/23/have-questions-about-the-cricut-explore-system-we-have-answers
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 1/27/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Online
#29 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:12:57 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1907 time(s) in 915 post(s)

Of course this is about $$$....... PC is a business, they need a profit to survive and pay their employees....... Allowing as many as 3 users access to one cartridge via gypsy, CCR, physical doesn't make good economic sense. They have to stop the sharing aka pirating aka disregard for the EULA..... It's about time, imho!

3 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/26/2014(UTC), blackbearblackbear on 1/27/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 1/27/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:34:38 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)

Can you elaborate on who told you they were getting rid of cartridges?

1 user thanked ellamap for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/27/2014(UTC)