Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Catita Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 5:14:21 PM(UTC)
Catita

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Every time I go through my cartridge handbooks, I see a few pages advertising the Gypsy in multiple languages.... and I think to myself, "What a neat little machine!! I'd be so productive on my long commute to work! And I could come home, hook it up, and cut away without delay!!!"

No, I don't normally rhyme when I think to myself.

Seriously, in today's day where everything is so portable and mobile, it makes no sense that a machine like the gypsy would be discontinued. It pains me that they are no longer available...and pains me more to think that if I ever came across one it'd probably be a dud or linked to someone else's account or not be able to be updated to use currently.

::sigh::

Confused
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 5:29:06 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Once I find the box {because I have it in the cute little black and pink case} and make sure it still powers up, I'll be selling my Gypsy. I only played with it a few times and never liked the small screen. I never linked any carts to it.

I'll be posting it in the Product Reviews and Deals before I put it on FB or ebay.
kearnsjill6b33e714 Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 6:00:37 PM(UTC)
kearnsjill6b33e714

I have one that I never use. You are welcome to it if you are interested. It does have a few carts linked, but it is not linked to CCR or my account.
Kiethann Online
#4 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 6:15:10 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 597 time(s) in 447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Once I find the box {because I have it in the cute little black and pink case} and make sure it still powers up, I'll be selling my Gypsy. I only played with it a few times and never liked the small screen. I never linked any carts to it.

I'll be posting it in the Product Reviews and Deals before I put it on FB or ebay.

HI, if you never find the box let me know. I have the one which held my blue screen of death Gypsy. I would be more than happy to mail it to you. Just send me a PM and let me know.

1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
scrapalette on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 6:45:30 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: kearnsjill6b33e714 Go to Quoted Post
I have one that I never use. You are welcome to it if you are interested. It does have a few carts linked, but it is not linked to CCR or my account.

If the carts have been linked to the gypsy then they are linked to your account. So if you sell that Gypsy and the buyer reformats it they will lose those carts. Plus, if they buy those same carts they won't be able to link them to the Gypsy.
Clammdunc Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 10:01:50 PM(UTC)
Clammdunc

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 251 post(s)
I have a Gypsy too that I am looking to sell. It comes preloaded with Gypsy Font, Gypsy Wanderings, Black Letter, Indie Art, Smiley Cards, and several others but I can't remember which ones. I bought it during a PC promo so that is the reason for the preloaded carts. It is new in box however it is registered to my account(it was the only way to get the free carts uploaded to it) and other than the promo carts which are downloads there are no other carts linked to it. It has only been used to do the updates. Like so many others the screen is just way to small. It is packed away but if anyone is interested I can post photos to show that it works.

Linda
mrs-shipley88538b26 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:56:18 PM(UTC)
mrs-shipley88538b26

Posted: about 20 hours ago

I have a Gypsy too that I am looking to sell. It comes preloaded with Gypsy Font, Gypsy Wanderings, Black Letter, Indie Art, Smiley Cards, and several others but I can't remember which ones. I bought it during a PC promo so that is the reason for the preloaded carts. It is new in box however it is registered to my account(it was the only way to get the free carts uploaded to it) and other than the promo carts which are downloads there are no other carts linked to it. It has only been used to do the updates. Like so many others the screen is just way to small. It is packed away but if anyone is interested I can post photos to show that it works.

Linda

Linda,
How much do you think you will be asking for your gypsy?
CricutLadyBug Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 4:43:37 AM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Was thanked: 47 time(s) in 22 post(s)
You also can check eBay which is where I made a 2nd Gypsy purchase if you cannot get from those selling here. I agree in the mobile world it's crazy to discontinue. If they actually create an app for tablets and phones that would be better but God only knows if that would happen.
oshunnonifc663cbb Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:20:03 PM(UTC)
oshunnonifc663cbb

I am searching for a gypsy also. If someone has one for a reasonable price please let me know.
SaraWise Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 1:53:23 PM(UTC)
SaraWise

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I have one I'm selling. I haven't used it in a while but it works great still. Plugged it in today and played with it for a bit. I do have almost 100 cartridges linked to it however those are linked to my cricut.com account so I'm not sure if that changes things but if you were NOT going to use the online software (cricut craft room) and just wanted to use the gypsy with your Cricut Expression 2 then you'd get a lot of cartridges to use!

If interested send me an email: wiseguys@mtaonline.net
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:27:28 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SaraWise Go to Quoted Post
I have one I'm selling. I haven't used it in a while but it works great still. Plugged it in today and played with it for a bit. I do have almost 100 cartridges linked to it however those are linked to my cricut.com account so I'm not sure if that changes things but if you were NOT going to use the online software (cricut craft room) and just wanted to use the gypsy with your Cricut Expression 2 then you'd get a lot of cartridges to use!

If interested send me an email: wiseguys@mtaonline.net

Maybe. But I think if the registration is changed to the buyers account, the first thing that happens with sync is that the digital rights are updated. And since the carts on the gypsy aren't linked to the buyer's account, they would be removed.

Now if the registration was never changed, which would also mean the gypsy could never be updated, I don't know what affect sync might have on the previously linked carts.