Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

kristian.clancyb42ed867 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:20:40 PM(UTC)
kristian.clancyb42ed867

Groups: Registered

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this whole world, and was excited when I saw that I could buy the E2 in Australia, and was talked into it by my Close to my Heart rep when they were launching the new machine. So, some $350 plus postage, and buying some cartridges before even turning on the machine, I was feeling pretty good.

These school holidays I moved house, while taking extreme care of this machine, I have finally set it up, and was all excited to get cutting on it, however I can't seem to get it to talk to my laptop. At all.

Here's what I've done so far:
*Plugged the E2 into the laptop using the provided cable - no response from the computer that it was there.
*Bought a new cable, but with the same effect that happened above.
*Bought a powered USB hub, thinking that maybe the E2 needed a powered USB port and that the hub could circumvent this issue
*Reset the laptop, turned the CCR on and then turned the E2 on (as a lot of people have suggested this, no result)
*Installed the driver through the CCR files, still no E2 saying hello to the laptop at all.

I've tried a whole variety of ways to get the E2 to talk to my laptop, and I really need some help. There aren't many places to call from Australia and I fear the cost of a call if I am not going to get any support for this machine.

School starts in two days, and my displays are lacking.

Please, anyone, can you help????????
ScrapShot Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 6:20:55 PM(UTC)
ScrapShot

Groups: Registered

I experienced the same issue with my teal E2, and finally found a solution on this forum that is at least getting my laptop computer to recognize the E2.

Get your hands on an external USB port hub that has to be plugged into an electrical outlet. Apparently some laptop computers don't produce enough power for the E2 to sustain a connection.

My E2 is now connecting to my computer and I have been able to use Cricut Sync and Cricut-Craft Room, however, I have other issue now that I can use my E2. The cuts are very poor quality ... jaggy edges. Cricut Sync says my firmware is up-to-date but I don't know how as it never did an update. It's possible this could be the issue and I will have to contact Support about it now.

Hope this helps, and that you have better luck with your E2 than I have had.