Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

WENLAY Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:49:18 AM(UTC)
WENLAY

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I have the Imagine as well as the original Expression. I am considering giving my Expression to my daughter , but I want to have a Cricut to transport to crops and such so I don't want to limit myself to only the Imagine. With all that said do I want to purchase the new Explore or the E2? Opinions of both machines. BTW, I know the Explore is not available yet but I need time to save for it. However much it is going to cost?
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:53:44 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
MSRP is $299 for the Explore.

The only "con" I see for your situation and the Explore is that the Explore cannot work as a stand alone Cricut. You must be connected to the internet and use Design Space for cutting to the Explore.

I'll be getting the Explore, but still plan to keep my E.
WENLAY Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 10:57:40 AM(UTC)
WENLAY

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
MSRP is $299 for the Explore.

The only "con" I see for your situation and the Explore is that the Explore cannot work as a stand alone Cricut. You must be connected to the internet and use Design Space for cutting to the Explore.

I'll be getting the Explore, but still plan to keep my E.

Hmmm...ok, I am kinda old school as I like the keypad and all. I have the CCR but I haven't used it much. Maybe I should get the E2. Doesn't it use the regular carts as well as the Imagine carts?
Jooniper Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 12:13:38 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WENLAY Go to Quoted Post
Hmmm...ok, I am kinda old school as I like the keypad and all. I have the CCR but I haven't used it much. Maybe I should get the E2. Doesn't it use the regular carts as well as the Imagine carts?

Yes, the E2 does use both regular carts and Imagine carts.
sandymadison485249da Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 12:36:11 PM(UTC)
sandymadison485249da

So, does that mean the new Explore does not use carts at all unless you have them linked or have purchased them online?
TammyPuckett Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:03:29 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Explore has to have internet connection to work! If you are like me, most of the crops I attend do not have internet access which leaves the Explore out! It won't even work with the Gypsy!
melodylanedesigns Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 1:54:05 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1919 time(s) in 941 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sandymadison485249da Go to Quoted Post
So, does that mean the new Explore does not use carts at all unless you have them linked or have purchased them online?

Cartridges must be linked.
#8 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:00:56 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
Explore has to have internet connection to work! If you are like me, most of the crops I attend do not have internet access which leaves the Explore out! It won't even work with the Gypsy!

Most people have said that they go to crops with out internet. Where are these? I am just curious most of the crops I have heard about have been in hotels and hotels have internet. I have heard of some in churches, I would think most churches have internet for their offices? I work in a salon and bought a router myself so we could have wifi for us and clients.

I don't mean to start an argument I just thought most places now have internet, but maybe not, and where are all these crops I'm missing out on?
LovelyLady Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 2:05:11 PM(UTC)
LovelyLady

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 237 post(s)

Yes, or use them through the option of the paid subscription.
JoyceG Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:38:15 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Most people have said that they go to crops with out internet. Where are these? I am just curious most of the crops I have heard about have been in hotels and hotels have internet. I have heard of some in churches, I would think most churches have internet for their offices? I work in a salon and bought a router myself so we could have wifi for us and clients.

I don't mean to start an argument I just thought most places now have internet, but maybe not, and where are all these crops I'm missing out on?

Not all crops are done in hotels or places that have wifi access. I have went to crops that are at camping retreat sites, out in the woods in the middle of no where. I've been to them at Church retreat sites. They are similar to hotels but they have no phones, no TV's and no internet. I have been to crops on the beach where they didn't have internet either. I have also been to crops where houses have been turned into crop houses and no TV or internet access at them either. So not all places that crops are held at have internet for use.

Joyce

Moxy77 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:39:29 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 399 time(s) in 294 post(s)

Exactly!
#12 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 3:53:33 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
Not all crops are done in hotels or places that have wifi access. I have went to crops that are at camping retreat sites, out in the woods in the middle of no where. I've been to them at Church retreat sites. They are similar to hotels but they have no phones, no TV's and no internet. I have been to crops on the beach where they didn't have internet either. I have also been to crops where houses have been turned into crop houses and no TV or internet access at them either. So not all places that crops are held at have internet for use.

Joyce

Thanks for the info.
nancyh Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 4:54:34 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 640 time(s) in 479 post(s)
Originally Posted by: WENLAY Go to Quoted Post

The E2 does not use overlays/keypads, instead it has a touchscreen. Yes you can use Imagine carts with the E2, but you can only cut images from the imagine carts with the E2 as there is no print capability with that machine.

Cricut Explore looks like a nice machine, but unfortunately without internet access, it's just a big paperweight.Crying I keep going back and forth on if I really want to get this machine. I am excited about it having the capability to cut SVG's jpegs etc, but sometimes our internet connection is not that great and we get outages. I do use CCR frequently, but I have issues with that as well at times. It's nice to be able to have options to cut directly from my E, or use my G when I am having issues with CCR.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 5:16:01 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 181 post(s)
My expression is at the end of her life Crying

She's loud, doesn't always do what she's told and sometimes she makes a horrid buzzing and shuts herself off. Poor old thing has been overworked with very little time off in 3 years.

I fully intend to get another original E because I love it to pieces and know it like the back of my hand.

I have also ordered my hubby to add an extra shelf to my craft cupboard so I have somewhere to put my Explore when I get her.

I can see a purpose for owning both.
Rice Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:32:55 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post

Our church only has internet in a few select places. It just won't pick up in most areas. I would love to take my Cricut to use there (since that is what I use it for more than anything else), but I would not be able to use CCR (or the new design software). I don't go to crops, but I know of quite a few that are held in remote getaway places that don't have internet. Sometimes people just want to unplug (well, partially anyway Wink ).