Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Godot's Girl Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:23:59 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2929 time(s) in 1752 post(s)
On February 24th, I will be commemorating my 2 year anniversary on the MB. As I have said many times in the past, I love coming here and reading and commenting on posts. I have a wonderful extended family of MB friends and have been so amazed and grateful for all the wonderful comments, thoughts, and prayers I have been on the receiving end of in the past two years. You are a great group of people, and I am honored to belong. To celebrate, I am doing a Giveaway like I did for my first anniversary, which also coincided with reaching 3,000 posts on the MB.

As you can see, I have not made as many posts this past year, but I have a good excuse. I spent several weeks in the hospital on different occasions, and was just not up to being on the board. I would love to reach 5,000 posts by my anniversary, but that will be a tall order......so, I am turning to all of you. All you have to do to enter my Giveaway is post on this thread. However, if you would like to help me in my quest, ask me a question that I must answer. I think I can get to 4,500 pretty easily doing this, as well as stepping up my commenting and posting, and will settle for that. Can you all help me out?

Again, to enter the Giveaway, you need only post on this thread.....it is not a requirement that you ask me a question. I will choose 1 winner one by Random Number Generator at 12 Noon EST on February 25th. That gives you a little extra time to post. I will start with the numbered posts from the Circle Board, and then number the posts from the traditional board accordingly, fairest way I can think to do this.....only putting Circle first, as that is where it is at on the Cricut page. The winner will receive a nice box of crafty goodness, and I am no skimper, so I think it is worth your time to enter.

Oh, I am so excited! Can't wait to bless someone! So, enter away..... Blessings, GG.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 25, 2014 10:06:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
ellamap on 1/31/2014(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:30:36 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 741 time(s) in 572 post(s)
Sorry to hear that you've been ill. I hope that you have a better year! I agree, the people who post on the message board are SPECIAL! hope you reach your goal.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 1/31/2014(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:34:05 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Congrats GG!

What is your go to cartridge and how many cards do you think you have made?

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
Jooniper Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:46:44 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Congrats!

What's your crafting style?
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Sherri Kay Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:54:08 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2401 time(s) in 2153 post(s)
I'm just so glad to see you back here posting on this mb. I really missed all your posts, etc. while you were away. Happy to see you are doing much better!!! Happy 2nd Anniversary! Smile
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
Moxy77 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:54:35 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Congrats and glad to see you back on the board. Are you going to buy the new Explore? Melissa
 1 user thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 6:56:35 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Mary, I honestly no longer have a go to cartridge, as I made a commitment to use all my cartridges as equally as possible. However, I have to admit that create a Critter 1 and 2, New Testament, and Florals Embellished may have a slight edge on my other babies. Over the years, I just could not tell you how many cards I have made. My Cricut, received as a gift from hubby 2 years ago, has allowed me to step up my game. I have a card making business now, and due to wedding invitations and wedding thank you cards for my business, I have made quite a significant amount over the last 2 years. I have had three large wedding orders, and have a large extended family on my husband's side, whom I make about 70 cards for every Christmas. Thanks for your questions. GG

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 7:19:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:05:18 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Jooniper, I would say I have Victorian and Steampunk leanings, with a little bit of Cutie-Patootie thrown in, as I do many, many children's cards for my business. Thanks for your question. GG
Jooniper on 1/31/2014(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:06:25 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Sherri Kay, thank you so much. GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:14:30 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Moxy, I would love to buy it, but just cannot afford that chunk of change, due to medical bills. It looks like an awesome machine, and I will be watching for any info on how it lives up to the hype. What do you think of the Explore, and are YOU going to buy it? LOL! Thanks for your question. GG

Edited by user Friday, January 31, 2014 7:21:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Moxy77 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:40:27 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 412 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Godot's girl, I am leaning 85% toward buying it. I am going to wait till I get to play with the new Design Software to see how it works. I know when I watch the launch that I will be putting that machine right in my basket. I am so glad that it is going to have flex pays. That makes it a lot easier for me to purchase. Melissa
 1 user thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 7:58:16 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Melissa....good for you! I hope you enjoy the new machine, and I will be watching for your post telling us just what a lucky gal you are! GG
ellamap Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 8:53:42 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hi! I am glad you are better and are back posting! Your husband sounds very supportive of your craft. How long have you been married?
 1 user thanked ellamap for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 2/1/2014(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:04:12 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 362 post(s)
Are you finally doing better? You were out for so long. I am so glad to see you back here on the MB.ThumpUp

I believe you and I joined the MB at about the same time. So I am coming up on my 2nd anniversary soon too, but I don't have near as many posts as you do.BigGrin
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 31, 2014 9:10:07 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Congratulations on your anniversary!! How big is your family? Good luck on getting the goal # of posts!!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
Kazalah Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 6:45:56 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Was thanked: 620 time(s) in 263 post(s)
GG,

You are always missed and thought of when we don't see you on the MB. I hope you're doing better and continue to post and inspire us Smile

Now as for a question.... How did you and your husband meet? I mean Valentines Day is just around the corner so I think some love stories are required Wink

Lori
 1 user thanked Kazalah for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:50:29 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Ellamap, thanks for your post and question. My wonderful husband and I have been married for 20 years....anniversary is August 28th. He is always encouraging me to do things. He says one of the things he loves about me is my creativity. He calls me the perfect counter for his seriousness and analytical way of thinking....his "free spirit". GG
ellamap on 2/1/2014(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:55:34 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

MOgoggingirl, thanks for your question. Yes, I am doing better, and glad to be back. I am not out of the woods yet, and have some more surgeries in my future, but the one that we were most concerned about is out of the way, and I am recovering well. I have so appreciated the support I have received from my MB family. You all have been so wonderful in thinking of me, sending me cards, and praying for me. I know those prayers and positive thoughts are a big part of why I am still here. As far as posts go, I am a gabby person once I feel comfortable around someone! Laugh Laugh Laugh . GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:21:39 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Shelly...Thanks for your question. There are 5 of us in my immediate family...DH, 3 wonderful sons, and me. We had planned for more children, but I was diagnosed with uterine cancer while pregnant with my third son, and had to have a hysterectomy immediately after he was born. My doctor said from the condition of my uterus, I should not have been able to have children at all, so I feel amazingly blessed to have my precious sons. My extended family is huge on my husband's side....his Dad comes from a family of nine brothers and sisters that all live on the large family farm in southeastern Ohio. His mother comes from a family of six that live on their family farm in upstate New York. My DH's family is very close.....very close. We all get together 4 times a year....an big Easter egg hunt for the kids at Easter time, a summer party for the kids, a reunion in July, and a Christmas party in early December. Well over 200 family members attend the reunion and Christmas party, as many of the aunts, uncles, and cousins have 3 or more children. I love being part of such a large family and feel my children are so blessed. Everyone gets along so well, it is a truly unique and special family, one you do not find very often in today's world. My family growing up was nothing like my husband's, so I think I appreciate them even more than he does, having not had so many cousins to play with and grow up with. When my husband took me to meet his family, I was expecting Mom, Dad, and brother. Instead, we stopped at every house on this small dirt road, and I met all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. It was overwhelming, but wonderful at the same time. His mom and dad also wanted more children, but his mom was also diagnosed with uterine cancer while pregnant with his brother. It is so eerie how similar my MIL and I are...lol. Sorry to go on and on, but I love talking about my family! GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 8:49:14 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Kazalah, thank you so much for your kind words and your question. My husband and I met at a branch campus of Ohio University in St. Clairsville, OH. I was a Peer Counselor, and he and a mutual friend used to come into the Peer Counseling office to do their homework. I was actually engaged to another guy at the time, but ended up breaking off the engagement, as I felt the guy was just never going to grow up, and our relationship was going nowhere. While this was going on, my DH and I were becoming friends. What I did not know was DH had been in love with me from the moment he first saw me, something he has described many times over our marriage. He can tell me the exact outfit I was wearing, which I remember, the way my hair was fixed, and what I was doing at the time. I also worked in the Day Care Center at the school, and he had seen me through the window of the door, playing with the kids. We were down on the floor, rolling around, playing a game pretending to be different animals. He says he stood there for a long time watching me, and the longer he did, the more he wanted to get to know me. He says he was crushed when he found out I was engaged, but could not help wanting to be around me, thus the homework in my office. After breaking off my engagement, I had sworn off men, but have to admit to not being immune to my DH's charms. I was becoming more and more attracted to him, but did not want to have a "rebound" relationship. We had mutual friends that knew we liked each other, but no one let it slip. Anyway, we finally got together at my 21st birthday party. My roommate had invited my DH and his brother to the party she had secretly planned for me. I came home that night to an apartment full of my friends and my DH. I took the plunge, and asked him to dance with me, to Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You", oh how cheesy this sounds, but I decided right then and there that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. We dated for three weeks, and he asked me to marry him, which we were in August of the same year. We moved to Athens, OH, to finish our degrees at OU's main campus, and had our first son 3 years later, in '96, quickly followed by our second in '98, and our third, in '99. There are 19 months between the first two and 19 months between the second and third. And that's our story. As stated above, we just celebrated our 20th in August of 2013. Thanks for this question, as I love remembering how we got together. Blessings, GG.
JoyceG on 2/24/2014(UTC)
Merrie Jones Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:45:41 AM(UTC)
Merrie Jones

Was thanked: 919 time(s) in 333 post(s)
Good luck hitting the number of posts you want GG. I am glad you are doing better and posting again. My question is- have you ever thought of starting a blog? I love your cards & if I forget to tag one as 'favorite'- then it takes awhile to find it again. Of course I DO keep on looking. But a blog would be SO easy to check- hee, hee. Of course this suggestion comes from someone with NO idea of what is involved with setting up a blog. Blessings.
 1 user thanked Merrie Jones for this useful post.
Kiethann Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 9:54:12 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 679 time(s) in 518 post(s)
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary here on the boards. Sure missed your posts while you were in the hospital. Very glad to hear you are doing much better and on the road to recovery.

What is your favorite cardstock/paper brand that you use the most?
 1 user thanked Kiethann for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:37:06 AM(UTC)
ssharp11d5c1f11b

United States

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 443 post(s)
So interesting to read about you, your family, your card making. Congrats on your MB 2 year anniversary. I hope you continue to recoup and have a very healthy and happy 2014 and many, many more to follow. How many cartridges do you own? I have close to 200 - both physical and digital. Susan

Edited by user Saturday, February 01, 2014 10:42:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: add my name

Godot's Girl Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:35:32 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Merrie....yes, I have thought of starting a blog, and have been blessedly encouraged to do so by my DH, sons, you, and others on this Board. I am thinking of doing so....90% certain I will, but I must get recovered from all my medical issues first. I do not like to commit to something, then not be able to give it the time and energy needed. Thank you for your question and encouragement. GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:40:00 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Keithann.....I love Graphic45, but do not have much of it. I also like Stampin' Up, but again, do not have much because the cost is prohibitive. I mainly use the Michael's brand, Recollections. It has a colored core and cuts perfectly in my machine. I like the feel of the paper and the color saturation is better than some other store brands. Thank you for your question and kind words. GG
EllenMangione Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:54:29 PM(UTC)
EllenMangione

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

I enjoy reading all the posts here. I, too, am from southeastern Ohio. I grew up in Jackson and spent time in Athens visiting friends on the OU campus. Hope your medical issues are soon behind you and you will be able to get on with the many projects that are waiting to come to fruition. Take care of yourself and "Go Bobcats".
Godot's Girl Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:54:40 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Susan...how sweet of you, and thank you for your question. I am embarrassed by the abundance of cartridges I own....close to 200 physical and 2 digital, I believe, like you. I say I am embarrassed because I never planned to own that many. However, my MIL loves to buy them for me. I also, when my health allows, teach free card classes to the youth, ages 5 to 18, at our church, using my Cricut, and all my own card supplies. I used to have classes every month, but had to step back from that last October when I had major surgery. I did manage a scaled back version of my classes at the beginning of December, but had to have help from some of the parents. I hope that by March/April, I will feel well enough to do a class again. I have been blessed many times by the gift of a cartridge by the parents, as well as paper and embossing folders. I found 20 of my carts at a yard sale, all in perfect condition for a wonderful price. I have bought used carts from MB members and found some great deals on eBay, so I have done well. However, as a proud penny pincher, I am still red in the face every time I open the suitcase in which I store my carts. GG

Edited by user Saturday, February 01, 2014 2:55:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:01:56 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
Happy Anniversary!

And now, a random question.

What is your favorite color of toenail polish?

Mine is purple. I like my fingernails polished, but I never get it done, so I just stick to toes. BigGrin
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Godot's Girl Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, February 01, 2014 7:41:55 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Joy....thank you and thank you for your question. My fave color of toenail polish is red.....makes me feel a little wicked! I love pink and purple as well. I always mess up my fingernails whenever I polish them....they end up sloppy no matter what I do. However, my toes always look pretty. What's up with that? GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:56:11 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

BTT. GG