Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nancyh Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 12:24:37 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 645 time(s) in 483 post(s)
Are they both cloud based or is just the new Design space cloud based? Just wondering. I am not a techno person so I don't have a clue when it comes to this stuff.

I am a little frustrated as I just spent 45 minutes trying to get something to weld in CCR and it kept freezing up on me. I closed, reopened etc, etc. and when the two finally did weld, there were spaces in the design that filled in that shouldn't have. I finally had to call it quits and use my gypsy instead. Glare I am hoping that the new program is much improved over CCR.

Edited by user Sunday, February 02, 2014 12:25:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melodylanedesigns Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 12:31:50 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1948 time(s) in 960 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
Are they both cloud based or is just the new Design space cloud based? Just wondering. I am not a techno person so I don't have a clue when it comes to this stuff.

I am a little frustrated as I just spent 45 minutes trying to get something to weld in CCR and it kept freezing up on me. I closed, reopened etc, etc. and when the two finally did weld, there were spaces in the design that filled in that shouldn't have. I finally had to call it quits and use my gypsy instead. Glare I am hoping that the new program is much improved over CCR.

The difference is You do not download software to your computer like you did with CCR. I'm not sure if CCR is considered in the cloud or not, I don't think so. But Design Space totally is in the clouds, it will give you a desktop icon but when you click on it it will open up an internet browser, not a program like CCR.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
blackbearblackbear on 2/2/2014(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 1:10:13 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1249 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
The difference is You do not download software to your computer like you did with CCR. I'm not sure if CCR is considered in the cloud or not, I don't think so. But Design Space totally is in the clouds, it will give you a desktop icon but when you click on it it will open up an internet browser, not a program like CCR.

Such exciting news. I could never get CCR to weld properly for me and sometimes it would cut wonky. I'm hoping this will solve the problems. I'm looking forward to downloading and trying it and viewing some of my expected tutorials you will be creating!

Mary
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 3:46:21 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)

Design Space is a much improved design program. Many more features and able to read a variety of file types.

However, it is accessed just like CCR. When you "download" CCR, you are not downloading any software on your computer. Just an access point to log into CCR {and soon Design Space}. You can "download" that access link for CCR {and soon Design Space} on any number of computers. You can use that link to log into your CCR account or I could use it to log into my CCR account. The program does not reside on any one computer. And, like CCR, Design Space will only allow you to cut from 2 computers.

The cloud is now a somewhat ambiguous term that really just means "remote access". You don't have resident software on your computer. The old Design Studio is a resident software program. You load it onto your computer and to be able to access the images and files, you have to log into Design Studio on that computer.
nancyh Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 4:01:38 PM(UTC)
nancyh

I understand that I will be able to access more types of files etc, but what I'm wondering if I am still going to have issues like I did today with CCR constantly freezing up on me, and then the objects weren't even welding right. If I can weld it and have it cut right from my G, I should be able to have it weld and cut right in CCR.

So is the interface the same with CCR as with Design Space? If I am having issues running CCR properly, will I have the same issues with Design space? Or did they try to eliminate those kind of issues? Not trying to be a pain really. I love my cricut products, and I am thinking about getting an explore, but if the new software is glitchy for me like CCR can be I may have to reconsider.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 4:09:03 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

I understand that I will be able to access more types of files etc, but what I'm wondering if I am still going to have issues like I did today with CCR constantly freezing up on me, and then the objects weren't even welding right. If I can weld it and have it cut right from my G, I should be able to have it weld and cut right in CCR.

So is the interface the same with CCR as with Design Space? If I am having issues running CCR properly, will I have the same issues with Design space? Or did they try to eliminate those kind of issues? Not trying to be a pain really. I love my cricut products, and I am thinking about getting an explore, but if the new software is glitchy for me like CCR can be I may have to reconsider.

I think PC has done all they can do to make Design Space user friendly. But it is still dependent on the user's internet connection and speed.

Maybe you'll have a chance to try Design Space, anticipated release between 2/5 and 2/12, and see how it performs on your computer.
nancyh Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 4:43:35 PM(UTC)
nancyh

We have one of the best internet connections with the one of fastest speeds available so I don't think my connection is the problem.
Scrapperdee Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 4:49:40 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4187 time(s) in 2402 post(s)
Is this going to mean it won't matter how many computers you use it on...since its just up in the internet air?!
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 4:58:59 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
Is this going to mean it won't matter how many computers you use it on...since its just up in the internet air?!

Yes. It's just like CCR. You can access it from multiple computers but only cut from 2.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 2/2/2014(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:16:40 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Yes. It's just like CCR. You can access it from multiple computers but only cut from 2.

hmmm...I wonder why they limit how many you can cut from.

Our computer is getting to its last few months (or weeks...its driving me nutso)...so it's a good thing HSN won't sell to Cdns.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:49:19 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1948 time(s) in 960 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapperdee Go to Quoted Post
hmmm...I wonder why they limit how many you can cut from.

Our computer is getting to its last few months (or weeks...its driving me nutso)...so it's a good thing HSN won't sell to Cdns.

If they did not limit it I could give everyone my login and password to use my cartridges. No, Cricut I am not going to do that but some people would.

Especially after being able to link cartridges, I have seen many people have bought used already linked cartridges and now are upset with the new software not letting them cut with unlinked cartridges. They were never suppose to be sold in the first place. But this is another debate, all I say is good for PC standing up for their products.
 3 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Jooniper on 2/2/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 2/3/2014(UTC), MarthaJackson on 2/4/2014(UTC)
Scrapperdee Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2014 4:59:31 PM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
If they did not limit it I could give everyone my login and password to use my cartridges. No, Cricut I am not going to do that but some people would.

Especially after being able to link cartridges, I have seen many people have bought used already linked cartridges and now are upset with the new software not letting them cut with unlinked cartridges. They were never suppose to be sold in the first place. But this is another debate, all I say is good for PC standing up for their products.

That makes perfect sense

doggies81e2918d Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
doggies81e2918d

I guess the next logical question is...if you have already been cutting from computers "A" and "B"...then you purchase computer "C"...will there be a way to deauthorize one of the other computers?
nancyh Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2014 4:15:13 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Yes, you can call PC to change the computers