Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
JanisD Offline
#31 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:12:16 AM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Strangely enough I can't open the pic. to make it bigger, to see what you all are talking about. :(
Did she change it so the pic. won't open now?
GracefulGrammar Offline
#32 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:12:31 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1846 time(s) in 875 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
It shouldn't if the right settings were used. I don't know if Anna cut those herself or if one of her design team members did, but they were not Cricut users before. Cuttlebug yes, but Cricut, not so much. When Anna attended Mania, she was amazed at all the different projects people had made and were making with their Cricut. So, if that isn't the "look" they were going for, they just need to learn the different settings and make some test cuts with different papers. And possibly change the blade.

I think Anna has the Explore that was demoed at the Reveal party {I haven't heard of any blogger that attended the Reveal receiving their Explore yet}, which means that blade has cut everything from paper to glitter paper to metal and wood. So maybe that's an issue too.

My concern is that whomever cut the doily thought it was a good cut and should be posted as an indicator of how well the Explore performs.......

Surely, PC would have had the foresight to send her with extra blades and mats...... or if forgotten, to overnight to their new spokesperson aka Anna????

I agree, I think you are 100% right about Anna and cutters....... I don't think she is involved in electronic home cutting machines....but she does market her own diecuts and knows an acceptable cut from a poor cut, though.

I think it's just a bad cut! We all get them on any machine; and, it's unfortunate that it was posted at all, especially since there is no real life information available on the Explore!
 2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/8/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/8/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:16:49 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19008 time(s) in 8496 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Strangely enough I can't open the pic. to make it bigger, to see what you all are talking about. :(

Hold down your Control Key and roll the dial on your mouse and you can enlarge {or decrease} the image.
MaryScraps Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 2:18:45 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6878 time(s) in 2796 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
I thought the Explore and Design Space does all the settings for you, so why would you need to learn the different settings?

There is a mark on the dial for custom settings.
IDK but maybe you can slow down the speed and depth it cuts.
IDK what the software allows.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/8/2014(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#35 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 2:29:19 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 405 time(s) in 244 post(s)
I agree with a few things said. That 2nd photos looks BAD! When you enlarge it, you can tell is it is the cut, has not be distressed at all. Maybe the blade needed replacing, but geez, why would she use that cut on a blog?!

Also white core does not necessarily mean cheap. I love CTMH white core cardstock & that is all I use. It cuts clean on my Cricut Expression & my other machine too! I love that you can sand it or distress it to bring out the white core.

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/8/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#36 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 3:36:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8080 time(s) in 4727 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post

JD...I can still open it. Hold down the CONTROL key on your keyboard and while holding it down, use the wheel in the center of your mouse and scroll forward. Try it again. I was scrolling backwards (even though the OP had explicit directions to scroll forward) when I tried it the first time. It didn't work for me that way.

Char
ellamap Offline
#37 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:29:07 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 365 time(s) in 199 post(s)
I really have a hard time picturing Anna G. Cutting and putting all of these items together. Since few Explores were sent out at the time these were cut, perhaps an Expression or two were used to get all of the cuts prepared in time. I doubt that we will ever know and speculation leads nowhere.
I hope people are cutting and making videos right now!
 1 user thanked ellamap for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee on 2/10/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#38 Posted : Saturday, February 08, 2014 9:54:40 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ellamap Go to Quoted Post
I really have a hard time picturing Anna G. Cutting and putting all of these items together. Since few Explores were sent out at the time these were cut, perhaps an Expression or two were used to get all of the cuts prepared in time. I doubt that we will ever know and speculation leads nowhere.
I hope people are cutting and making videos right now!

You do realize you just said that the Anna Griffin Blog is telling lies, since it does say it was cut with the Explore. So either it was cut with the Explore or they are lying that it was cut with the Explore. You can't have it both ways.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 2/9/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 8:04:37 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
The crummy cuts disappoint me. I'm still holding out hope that PC has figured out how to produce a machine that can consistently make intricate cuts. I'm not interested in the Explore at the moment (I need a stand-alone machine that works with my carts and Gypsy), but if they can do it with the Explore, they can do it with a new Expression1-type machine in the near future. <--- That's a hint for anyone in PC Development who may be reading this thread.
CricketCMV Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 9:18:58 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: *Meg* Go to Quoted Post
The crummy cuts disappoint me. I'm still holding out hope that PC has figured out how to produce a machine that can consistently make intricate cuts. I'm not interested in the Explore at the moment (I need a stand-alone machine that works with my carts and Gypsy), but if they can do it with the Explore, they can do it with a new Expression1-type machine in the near future. <--- That's a hint for anyone in PC Development who may be reading this thread.

I can't understand why there are so many who complain about "crummy" cuts; and, it's not just you. I have seen some of our more accomplished users on here complain they've had trouble, too.

I feel I have done some intricate cuts (quite a few) and they come out perfectly every time I do them. When you're saying the cuts disappoint you, what are you saying? (I'm wondering what everyone else is saying at the time, too). DOES EVERY CUT YOU CUT COME OUT CRUMMY? If so, then there is a problem. ARE YOU CUTTING CRUMMY CUTS DAILY? I'm just trying to understand.

I wish when people are having problems with their cuts we could set up a way for THREE OR FOUR OR TEN others of us to try the same cut (we all have paper scraps to try these cuts) to help others out. I mean, what are you trying to cut? I can understand if you're trying to cut a 1/4" image with intricate cuts that those are NOT going to cut. We can all be reasonable about it.

I have cute some 2" frames that have intricate cuts on them. They come out REALLY GOOD. Now, I don't know if it would come out that good at 1". Papers play a lot into whether or not you can get a good cut, too.

I HAVE NEVER HAD WONKY CIRCLES/OVALS/ANYTHINGS. They all come out looking like they should.

I have an EXPRESSION and MINI. They both do equally as good cutting out circles/squares/anythings.

Maybe these questions don't need to be answered here; it just bugs me everytime I hear users having to bring this up (you have every right to bring them up, and I'm not trying to diminish your problems; only trying to understand them).

Char

Edited by user Monday, February 10, 2014 9:19:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KathyKohner Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:31:07 PM(UTC)
KathyKohner

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I think that isn't the white core from the cardstock but rather it looks to me as if there is some doodling done around the cuts. Pretty time intensive if you ask me but I don't think that's white core showing through. I can't imagine that Anna Griffin would put shoddy workmanship on her blog. Take a closer look. It looks like doodling with a white Sakura pen. Just my thoughts. Kate
 1 user thanked KathyKohner for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/10/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:39:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: KathyKohner Go to Quoted Post
I think that isn't the white core from the cardstock but rather it looks to me as if there is some doodling done around the cuts. Pretty time intensive if you ask me but I don't think that's white core showing through. I can't imagine that Anna Griffin would put shoddy workmanship on her blog. Take a closer look. It looks like doodling with a white Sakura pen. Just my thoughts. Kate

I thought that, too (in my earlier post). Noone else agreed; at least they didn't say if they did agree.

I do think it was a mistake to put it up looking that way, though. BUT, if AG LOVES that look, then she is loving her design. AND, more power to her.

It will just be left up to each individual if they do like it and how they perceive the piece...as jagged cuts or Sakura pen!

Char
TammyPuckett Offline
#43 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:54:38 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
My Expression cuts that good! I have never had a problem cutting perfect circles or intricate cuts with my Expression. I use the Paper Lace, Ornamental Iron, Edge to Edge & other carts that have intricate cuts.
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
PaperCraft65 Offline
#44 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:56:28 PM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
To me - it really looks like bad cuts and the top colored layer tears away, revealing the white core of the paper.

I will say it is possible that it is not the machine, but the file itself. If it has a lot of nodes, it may not cut smoothly - so the fault may be with the cut file itself, not the machine.

Or it could be the machine, the blade, the paper... who knows... The rest of the cuts to look good.

ag
 2 users thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 2/10/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/10/2014(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#45 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 3:36:16 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2396 time(s) in 2148 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyKohner Go to Quoted Post

That is definitely not doodling. You can see some of the holes aren't even all the way cut out. The white core is still stuck in the hole on some of them. I really think it is just a bad cut.Unsure
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#46 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 3:53:26 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Sherri Kay Go to Quoted Post
That is definitely not doodling. You can see some of the holes aren't even all the way cut out. The white core is still stuck in the hole on some of them. I really think it is just a bad cut.Unsure

Before, I also said it looked like it was spackled (or something like that).

I don't think so now. I'm seeing something totally different from what I saw when I zoomed in on the cut.

I think it's bad cutting/paper or any other reason.

AGAIN, I can't imagine why AG would want this shown under her name. She should KNOW it is there without anyone telling her. She has to know there has been a question about it. It is STILL there. I really don't get it.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Tryna* on 2/10/2014(UTC)
Rice Offline
#47 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 7:55:00 PM(UTC)
Rice

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Oh my!! I couldn't get the picture to enlarge for me, but this enlargement is certainly something to be concerned about! That is truly surprising that they posted it! I guess they never thought someone would enlarge it to see it up close.

This is getting a little scary for me. I think the future of Cricut rests on the success of the new machine (and all the young'uns getting into crafting since we ol' grannies ain't spendin' our money BigGrin ).
 1 user thanked Rice for this useful post.