Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

joanbarbret7e678314 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:28:31 PM(UTC)
joanbarbret7e678314

Groups: Registered

Today I called customer service regarding my brand new (less than one month old) Cricut Expression. After being on hold for over half an hour I was told that I needed Firmware Updates and that I had to download Cricut Design, etc. I informed them that I did not want to load that onto my computer and was told that I had too. I told them I would return the Cricut and they said that I could not because I had opened it already. Now, I bought this new machine in January because my old machine did the same thing and I did not want to upload software. My older machine had been around for awhile so I just invested in a new one and it did the same thing. (I have had my other machine for years). Now I have two machines that don't work and Cricut.com told me I was out of luck.
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 12:44:25 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 204 post(s)
Download the Cricut Sync & you update through the Sync.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 1:58:51 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19136 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
Download the Cricut Sync & you update through the Sync.

That's the problem. . .she doesn't want to download anything.

Unfortunately, to update your Cricut, you have to download the program. But, you can download the program, update your Cricut {update your old one too} and then uninstall it from your computer.

sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 2:37:45 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)
What is your new machine doing (or not doing)?
texandie57911151 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2014 6:05:17 PM(UTC)
texandie57911151

I'm new here, but I have to agree - I've spent the better part of 25 years doing Internet/Computer tech support and I've NEVER seen such crappy support for such an expensive product. I pay $400 for a "toy", I expect "world class service" - lucky for ProvoCraft, I bought my unit second hand. I needed to call them twice - both times on hold for more than 30 minutes. Only to find they couldn't assist me with something that should be as easy as 1, 2 ,3. But nope. They just don't do "that". (Pointless getting into what they can't do - as their customer support can't do much!)Angry The new machine looks "enticing", however, the fancier the machine, the more to go wrong, and there is NO WAY I'll waste my time with this company's support personnel. I've learned there are too many OTHER die-cutters on the market. Sad as I was really excited about buying this, so much so that I went online and ordered a brand-new "Cuttlebug" from Walmart to go with my Cricut Mini.
Maxluv Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2014 8:06:20 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 485 time(s) in 372 post(s)
Originally Posted by: texandie57911151 Go to Quoted Post
I'm new here, but I have to agree - I've spent the better part of 25 years doing Internet/Computer tech support and I've NEVER seen such crappy support for such an expensive product. I pay $400 for a "toy", I expect "world class service" - lucky for ProvoCraft, I bought my unit second hand. I needed to call them twice - both times on hold for more than 30 minutes. Only to find they couldn't assist me with something that should be as easy as 1, 2 ,3. But nope. They just don't do "that". (Pointless getting into what they can't do - as their customer support can't do much!)Angry The new machine looks "enticing", however, the fancier the machine, the more to go wrong, and there is NO WAY I'll waste my time with this company's support personnel. I've learned there are too many OTHER die-cutters on the market. Sad as I was really excited about buying this, so much so that I went online and ordered a brand-new "Cuttlebug" from Walmart to go with my Cricut Mini.

Wow you paid $400? you must not be in the States? I don't think 30 minutes is a very long time to be on hold, you must never of had to call your cable/FIOS provider? Or any place else for that matter 30 minutes is nothing, even my doctor office put you on hold for about that long.