Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
LizVellali Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:53:23 AM(UTC)
LizVellali

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4280 time(s) in 2382 post(s)
I know there is a real possibility I will get flamed and I have donned my flame retardant attire before typing this.

I know there are lots of opinions and feelings on this launch.

I for one I totally thrilled to be receiving the new machine. As my 20 something DD stated yesterday anytime you launch something new or there is a big sale...websites can become overloaded. So for PC to be cautious and let the owners of the machine use the software first after they get their machines makes perfect sense to me. I could see people rushing to try out the software and "crashing" the software.

I guess I don't understand the anger about not getting to "try before you buy." There are many other machines out there with software that you don't get access to until you buy their machine...

I plan on enjoying the heck out of my machine....

Have a great day!
 22 users thanked LizVellali for this useful post.
rhondah* on 2/13/2014(UTC), leticia.defontanezeb36f599 on 2/13/2014(UTC), kynlea on 2/13/2014(UTC), htbcreations on 2/13/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 2/13/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 2/13/2014(UTC), nightmare/fan on 2/13/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 2/13/2014(UTC), LynneF on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), Calmom on 2/14/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 2/14/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 2/14/2014(UTC), CricutCrazy on 2/14/2014(UTC), Roarkmartinezffa3c39d on 2/14/2014(UTC), Gadget girl on 2/15/2014(UTC), NorineR on 2/15/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC), CraftyKat on 2/16/2014(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:00:23 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14895 time(s) in 8898 post(s)
BigGrin Love the way you think...I keep checking to see if mine has shipped. Sooooo looking forward to trying it out.
 4 users thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 2/14/2014(UTC), NorineR on 2/15/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
leticia.defontanezeb36f599 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:14:47 AM(UTC)
leticia.defontanezeb36f599

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Me too!!! I cant wait!!! and yes you are correct!
 2 users thanked leticia.defontanezeb36f599 for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
PaperCraft65 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:30:39 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Was thanked: 160 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I think people are just so concerned because of the things that have not worked in the past. Things that were promised as "coming soon" and never did. Software that worked for some, but not for others....

I think it is completely reasonable for them to want to see that this time around it really works, and that it wasn't rushed to marked to stop the hemorrhaging of sales to the competitors machines. I was most surprised that it went to the consumer before key features are working (print & cut). This really throws red flags to the customers who waited on features on older machines that never did end up working.

Once the machines get delivered and the software works (lets hope!) - things will start cooking right along!

Quote:
" There are many other machines out there with software that you don't get access to until you buy their machine...

I know there are a lot of machines out there, but what one doesn't give you access to the software before you buy? I think they all do. Not sure about Pazzles - but it does work with SCAL
 5 users thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 2/13/2014(UTC), maria2193 on 2/13/2014(UTC), CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), Moxy77 on 2/13/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 2/14/2014(UTC)
LizVellali Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:43:34 AM(UTC)
LizVellali

United States

Originally Posted by: PaperCraft65 Go to Quoted Post
I think people are just so concerned because of the things that have not worked in the past. Things that were promised as "coming soon" and never did. Software that worked for some, but not for others....

I think it is completely reasonable for them to want to see that this time around it really works, and that it wasn't rushed to marked to stop the hemorrhaging of sales to the competitors machines. I was most surprised that it went to the consumer before key features are working (print & cut). This really throws red flags to the customers who waited on features on older machines that never did end up working.

Once the machines get delivered and the software works (lets hope!) - things will start cooking right along!

I know there are a lot of machines out there, but what one doesn't give you access to the software before you buy? I think they all do. Not sure about Pazzles - but it does work with SCAL

According to a friend P_____ does not.... also I wasn't aware that the third party software let you use it before you purchase it (if it does I stand corrected)....and as far as S_______ you can use the basic, but have to upgrade to use DE and that is around $50.....
 3 users thanked LizVellali for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
Friend958 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:53:45 AM(UTC)
Friend958

Was thanked: 208 time(s) in 167 post(s)
I think the issue is Provo crafts indicated that we would be able to use the software before launch but then changed that without letting us know. It does make sense that there would be a code with the explore for design space and those who bought at launch could use it first.
 1 user thanked Friend958 for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 2/14/2014(UTC)
MerleKudla Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:57:48 AM(UTC)
MerleKudla

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have to agree with Liz, I think she is right on the mark about PV thinking. I was a programmer for 25+ years and I am a gamer. There is bound to be trouble on a launch. Also, there may well be some bugs, it is very rare that there isn't in a new launch. People will drop much more cash on a fancy phone or software up grades that are not fully ready with all features.
As far as the Imagine goes, it sounds like there was big trouble. I didn't get one so I can't say from my own point of view, only what others say. It sounds like an epic fail, but that happens in every company. I am not dismissing it, and I know how horrible it can be for the people who bought it. Even though I was not on the receiving end of this fail, I have been there with others. I have never, and I mean never, been compensated for having bought hardware or software that was a dud. Do I think I should have? YES!! But I guess business does not work that way. If I think the company didn't get any better, I won't use them again. However, even with a hugh bomb, many times I go back because basically, they have a good product.
As many have said, there are several other companies that offer this type of product, you can always go there. I have tried some of that software and was not impressed, that is just me. If you don't want to try the Explore that is your business and I would never say a thing about it. If I want to try Explore, that is my business. When people are posting and excited, as I am, I don't understand why others want to throw a wet blanket on the joy??? I can understand someone saying "I am going to wait and see what everyone says" but why so many negative comments and snarks? Little remarks with "yawn" and "sigh" in front and behind?
I am not saying anyone should be quiet about things not working, but not on this thread about people being so excited about a new machine.
I am sure I will get burned for this post Liz, but I mean no harm. There is room for everyone and all the machines. There is a wise old saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Hmmmm Maybe I should have followed that today!Blushing Blushing
 13 users thanked MerleKudla for this useful post.
CreatedByRosie on 2/13/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), blackbearblackbear on 2/13/2014(UTC), htbcreations on 2/13/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 2/13/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 2/13/2014(UTC), CFrank74956e1a1721 on 2/13/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 2/13/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 2/14/2014(UTC), live2clickpics on 2/16/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:57:50 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 750 time(s) in 401 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LizVellali Go to Quoted Post
According to a friend P_____ does not.... also I wasn't aware that the third party software let you use it before you purchase it (if it does I stand corrected)....and as far as S_______ you can use the basic, but have to upgrade to use DE and that is around $50.....

the P______ does not, other software let you download a trial version and the upgrade to S_________ DE can be found for less than $50.

The point, however, it was CricutGena who said we would be able to try it out before the launch. They went back on their word, and of course people are upset because they didn't even let us know that they changed their minds. Letting us know would have been good customer service and that the new management team is different than the previous one. It just feels that they have adopted the old team's philosophy: no communication and broken promises.
 3 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Sherri Kay on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/13/2014(UTC), Scrapperdee on 2/14/2014(UTC)
JustJudi Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:59:08 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Was thanked: 1225 time(s) in 690 post(s)
I know there is a real possibility I will get flamed and I have donned my flame retardant attire before typing this.

I know there are lots of opinions and feelings on this launch.

I for one I totally thrilled to be receiving the new machine. As my 20 something DD stated yesterday anytime you launch something new or there is a big sale...websites can become overloaded. So for PC to be cautious and let the owners of the machine use the software first after they get their machines makes perfect sense to me. I could see people rushing to try out the software and "crashing" the software.

I guess I don't understand the anger about not getting to "try before you buy." There are many other machines out there with software that you don't get access to until you buy their machine...

I plan on enjoying the heck out of my machine....

Have a great day!

Thank you for this post. The excitement of the Explore made me come back to the board after a long hiatus. I'm very happy that I'm getting the Explore and ready to use it. And yes, I have the SC and love it, and I did have to purchase the designer edition software for $50 to unlock its full capability, and I'm do glad I did. I was burned with the Imagine, but I love paper-crafting, and I know I'll put the Explore to good use. You shouldn't have to worry about getting flamed. :/
 7 users thanked JustJudi for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 2/13/2014(UTC), LynneF on 2/13/2014(UTC), Janice on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:00:26 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: Friend958 Go to Quoted Post
I think the issue is Provo crafts indicated that we would be able to use the software before launch but then changed that without letting us know. It does make sense that there would be a code with the explore for design space and those who bought at launch could use it first.

Yep, that was/is the problem. Remember, purchasers of the Explore at launch get 3 months of CDSpace for free. Don't be surprised that if you didn't buy at launch you may not be able to preview it until after those 3 months are up unless you purchase the machine during that period. I have a feeling that those without machines will not be able to preview the software until that time period is up.

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:01:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PaperCraft65 Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:04:38 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Quote:

You can download MTC and SCAL for free and try them out. You can't cut until you pay for them, but you can certainly give them a test drive. MTC has an awesome 3D card software out there now -but whew - it is out of my budget! MTC also has a conical warp feature that I would love, but I haven't bought it. I wonder if Design Space will have that - it would be awesome.

Same as Silhouette software - the DE doesn't change any functionality - just gives you access to .svg's and some other tools for rhinestone and sketch designs. And please don't ever pay $50! It is very easy to find for about half that! That is one thing about S___ - you can usuallly find both the machine and the software at deep discounts. I paid under $200 for my machine and $25 for the software upgrade (only pay once for the software)... I hope the Explore has some awesome sales down the road!!!

I thought PC would never allow the use of .svg - but they are, so I think big changes (for the better) are in store. Can't wait to see and hear what people are doing with their machines when they get them!!!
 2 users thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), GrannyAnne on 2/16/2014(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:12:15 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
Design Space is always free. HSN customers purchasing the Explore are getting a 3 month subscription to the non-licensed Cricut image library.

And, of course MTC and SCAL offer free trials, they work with a variety of cutters and they want to grab as much of the market as possible. It's good business.
 3 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), live2clickpics on 2/16/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
PaperCraft65 Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:19:23 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

Lets just fast forward so we can start seeing some cool stuff!

Laugh
 4 users thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), TracyJacobsen on 2/13/2014(UTC), live2clickpics on 2/16/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
LizVellali Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:20:20 AM(UTC)
LizVellali

United States

Originally Posted by: MerleKudla Go to Quoted Post
I have to agree with Liz, I think she is right on the mark about PV thinking. I was a programmer for 25+ years and I am a gamer. There is bound to be trouble on a launch. Also, there may well be some bugs, it is very rare that there isn't in a new launch. People will drop much more cash on a fancy phone or software up grades that are not fully ready with all features.
As far as the Imagine goes, it sounds like there was big trouble. I didn't get one so I can't say from my own point of view, only what others say. It sounds like an epic fail, but that happens in every company. I am not dismissing it, and I know how horrible it can be for the people who bought it. Even though I was not on the receiving end of this fail, I have been there with others. I have never, and I mean never, been compensated for having bought hardware or software that was a dud. Do I think I should have? YES!! But I guess business does not work that way. If I think the company didn't get any better, I won't use them again. However, even with a hugh bomb, many times I go back because basically, they have a good product.
As many have said, there are several other companies that offer this type of product, you can always go there. I have tried some of that software and was not impressed, that is just me. If you don't want to try the Explore that is your business and I would never say a thing about it. If I want to try Explore, that is my business. When people are posting and excited, as I am, I don't understand why others want to throw a wet blanket on the joy??? I can understand someone saying "I am going to wait and see what everyone says" but why so many negative comments and snarks? Little remarks with "yawn" and "sigh" in front and behind?
I am not saying anyone should be quiet about things not working, but not on this thread about people being so excited about a new machine.
I am sure I will get burned for this post Liz, but I mean no harm. There is room for everyone and all the machines. There is a wise old saying, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". Hmmmm Maybe I should have followed that today!Blushing Blushing

Well said....my thoughts exactly thank you.....
P.S. I wasn't impressed with the other software I have tried either...
 4 users thanked LizVellali for this useful post.
LynneF on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC), live2clickpics on 2/16/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:29:30 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1846 time(s) in 875 post(s)

For the P_______, you can download a free lite version......... P________ has just announced a new cutter, btw. Yes, the P_________ uses 3rd party software.

PaperCraft65 Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:39:33 AM(UTC)
PaperCraft65

I hope we can discuss "other" brands a little more freely here now - in a constructive way. There are going to be so many new things to make with the the Explore, it would be nice to be able to say "I have seen it done this way with xxxx machine", and then figuring it out with the Explore.

I think everyone's goal is to make neat stuff!

3 users thanked PaperCraft65 for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), Shelly on 2/13/2014(UTC), maria2193 on 2/13/2014(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 10:38:46 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 593 post(s)
Not gonna get flamed by me...I totally agree with you. BigGrin

Joyce
 2 users thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:43:38 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 425 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Agree I've bought from PC in the pass and did not try software and item first. I also have cancelled my Gypsy order with HSN and then reordered during the launch as well. I passed on the Imagine machine because i felt it was priced too expensively for what it did. If it had been cheaper I would be an owner complaining about what happened with it. I've worn all the hats mentioned here so I'm okay with however people feel. I understand the doubt and fear, I also get the excitement too. I'm not going to rain on anyone's parade or pour salt in anyone's wounds, we're all family here and we all use the products or we would have moved on long ago. I'm not talking about the buying of other machines and still being here we all have plenty of the competitors, any talking about totally out of the Cricut market with everything sold off. So, we all have skin in the game for the success of PC that's all I'm saying. Let's just sit back and see how things goes. I promise to tell you guys exactly what I think about my new cutting experience. I've got my bazzill paper, cork paper, wood and texture paper ready to run it through it's paces.
 9 users thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 2/13/2014(UTC), jillieneIsaacs on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricutMallie on 2/14/2014(UTC), Grandma Choo Choo on 2/14/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 2/14/2014(UTC), live2clickpics on 2/16/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 1:01:01 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1145 time(s) in 534 post(s)
No flaming coming from this girl! I completely agree with you...I have purchased and am anxiously waiting to try it out. I have made purchases in the past that didn't meet expectations but with HSN you are not taking a big risk! I am not going to worry about what was said, what was promised or what I was hoping for....in the scheme of things it really isn't that big of a deal.
 6 users thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/13/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 2/14/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
paulathompson2 Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:01:37 PM(UTC)
paulathompson2

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I've been rather excited about this new machine and its possibility. Like many of you I have much $$$ invested in PC products beyond the Cricut. I was hoping with this new machine PC and I could reconcile our "love-hate-HATE" relationship.I have several carts I have never even opened and 3 machines that I am not ready to part with.I was hoping to finally utilize these products to the fulliest,and link my carts,I was very happy with DS and have never used the Craftroom. I was ready to give DS and The EX however I am treading warily. Until the side by side comparison was made, I didn't realize PC was trying to go heads up with the Silhouette cutters. I think things are really going to start to get interesting. This is total speculation on my part and just IMO, but I am wondering if the launch timing has anything to do with the announcement of the new Pazzles cutter.This one will have an optical eye for print and cut and cut the heavier materials that the Sil. cutters can't handle. I have read in some post that Cricut users will make due with what they have, not upgrading to the new cutter and not wanting to be tied up on line. The Pazzles is to be available for pre-order the same time the EX is due in stores. The Make It Now maybe an advantage to the EX, but I think if they don't step up delivery of the "promised" features of the EX, they are going to have a lot more to worry about. EX may not be standing for EXPLORE.

As to questions mentioned in other post regarding software.
Pazzles software is basically a version of Funtime and you can download a a free limited version.
Silhouette Studio is a free version, for additional features yes you need to upgrade.
Make The Cut offers trials of their software with cutting/saving restrictions, unlimited time frame and free upgrades --- {{{Pop Up Studio is awesome. I was hope to incorporate

SCAL offers a 2 week free trial of their software with cutting/saving restrictions

Craft Artist has a free lite version of their software, but if you want additional features like svg conversion or cutting machine features, you need to up grade.

2 users thanked paulathompson2 for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/13/2014(UTC), Gadget girl on 2/15/2014(UTC)
paulathompson2 Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:03:31 PM(UTC)
paulathompson2

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Also I am not posting to bring anyone down or rain on any parades. I am hoping the PC will also be reading this, this is plain ole customer feedback.
 2 users thanked paulathompson2 for this useful post.
maria2193 Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 2:54:49 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I love all my cricut machines, the bug, expression and the E2, but I have always waited to hear reviews of "crafters" thoughts, not those who are trying to promote the machine, before I bought them. I do have the SC that I got for Christmas, must say I have yet to hear a complaint., nor do I have one.

As far as the Explore, the scary thing to me is, why they didn't wait to have everything ready "that they are offering the machine will do " to be available, why purchase something, to find out later if things will work out or not, what's the rush? Seems a bit sketchy to me! The other thing is the subscriptions, why pay extra money to use svg files from other sites? Personally, I like that I can go on any site pay for that image and that's it, to have to pay to use something I already paid for, seems senseless to me.

As far as the print and cut feature, it's my understanding that the only difference between the older versions, is that it prints and cuts at the same time, still haven't found many of the crafters blogs that show a single project using that feature on the older machines...so why is this so exciting? Is it just because there is one step instead of two?

I don't get it, maybe someone can make me understand it better...as I said before, I love my Cricut machines and have close to 200 cartridges and still plan on getting more, will always be a Cricut lover, but definitely not impressed with the Explore!

The other thing I am wondering, to all of you who are claiming how amazing this machine is, do you own one already? Have you used it enough times to know just how great it really is? Sorry, if I choose not to believe what you have to say on a machine that you barely have any experience with, if any at all...but best of luck to you!

MariaSmile
 1 user thanked maria2193 for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 2/15/2014(UTC)
ScrappyNana Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:02:29 PM(UTC)
ScrappyNana

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 211 time(s) in 98 post(s)
I agree completely!! I am really excited about the new machine and can hardly wait to get mine!!!

And I am really tired of negative snarky comments -- move on to somethi9ng else to complain about and let us enjoy the fact we are excited about the new machine.

Laurel
 6 users thanked ScrappyNana for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 2/13/2014(UTC), JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 2/14/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:30:13 PM(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 38 post(s)

Besides the promise that we would be able to, this is why I'm am unhappy at not getting to try it out. (Since they did offer free shipping and I knew I could try the machine out for just the price of returning it, I did end up ordering one.) I am one of the people that has real problems using CCR. I have trouble getting in and trouble with it freezing up. I know it is not because of my wireless connection, I'm assuming it is a computer thing, but just don't know what the problem is.

Fast forward to 2 weeks from now. Machine arrives, I get it all unpacked, got all my toys ready to go and....I have trouble connecting to designs space. Maybe it is the same problems I've been having with CCR, maybe this time it IS my wireless connection, maybe it's my computer. Whatever, I am unable to cut. All the waiting, anticipation and hope for nothing.

You tell me how many of you would REALLY at this point (philosophically) say, "Oh, well, I tried. Its nobody's fault. I can't blame the company, no one could have seen this coming."

EXCEPT I could have found that out by letting me try BEFORE ordering. It's not JUST seeing how robust the software is, it's being able to connect. So, yeah, I can send the machine back, but there is no way I wouldn't be angry and unhappy about the time and money lost when it could have been avoided.

I am hoping this won't be the case. The whole release has been somewhat upsetting (retracting their offer to try out design space but not actually SAYING IT; promising us previews, then stopping the testers from posting videos about the software/machine; not telling us that the scoring tool was part of the accessories pack until it was all sold out and now we probably won't be able to get it for a month - I mean, cutting and scoring is a BIG part of trying out the machine and now won't be able to for some time, etc), it would be nice if it were smooth sailing from this point.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 4:01:38 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

I too have great problems with CCR and I wanted to try it to see if I would still have the same problems. I went ahead and ordered it, but I'm going to be really upset if I have to send the Explore back because the software doesn't work right.

It was CricutGena who said we could try it before we bought it. With her saying it, that was official. They changed their minds for whatever reason and then didn't even have the decency to let us know, would even respond to our questions.

What kind of backlash do you think is going to happen if the software is a no go for users?
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 2/15/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:32:11 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1924 time(s) in 944 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maria2193 Go to Quoted Post
I love all my cricut machines, the bug, expression and the E2, but I have always waited to hear reviews of "crafters" thoughts, not those who are trying to promote the machine, before I bought them. I do have the SC that I got for Christmas, must say I have yet to hear a complaint., nor do I have one.

As far as the Explore, the scary thing to me is, why they didn't wait to have everything ready "that they are offering the machine will do " to be available, why purchase something, to find out later if things will work out or not, what's the rush? Seems a bit sketchy to me! The other thing is the subscriptions, why pay extra money to use svg files from other sites? Personally, I like that I can go on any site pay for that image and that's it, to have to pay to use something I already paid for, seems senseless to me.

As far as the print and cut feature, it's my understanding that the only difference between the older versions, is that it prints and cuts at the same time, still haven't found many of the crafters blogs that show a single project using that feature on the older machines...so why is this so exciting? Is it just because there is one step instead of two?

I don't get it, maybe someone can make me understand it better...as I said before, I love my Cricut machines and have close to 200 cartridges and still plan on getting more, will always be a Cricut lover, but definitely not impressed with the Explore!

The other thing I am wondering, to all of you who are claiming how amazing this machine is, do you own one already? Have you used it enough times to know just how great it really is? Sorry, if I choose not to believe what you have to say on a machine that you barely have any experience with, if any at all...but best of luck to you!

MariaSmile

I think people have bought the Explore for what it does now, not in the future, that is just icing on the cake. You ask what is the rush? Everyone who ordered can't wait to get their hands on it, we are impatient and believe it does everything as promised out of the box, it has been tested for 18 months.
The subscription is for use of all the unlicensed images. not to cut svg, you can cut svg and fonts on your computer for free, no subscription necessary.

the Write and cut feature is much different than before, you can choose different fonts, such as a writing styles, or any font and have it write it, you can choose anything to cut, write or score, and in fine print with some of the pens.

I have used the software.
 8 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 2/14/2014(UTC), ScrapyViv on 2/14/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 2/14/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 5:37:27 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1924 time(s) in 944 post(s)
A broadband internet connection is suggested to use Design Space.
 2 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 2/14/2014(UTC)
maria2193 Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:11:02 PM(UTC)
maria2193

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I think people have bought the Explore for what it does now, not in the future, that is just icing on the cake. You ask what is the rush? Everyone who ordered can't wait to get their hands on it, we are impatient and believe it does everything as promised out of the box, it has been tested for 18 months.
The subscription is for use of all the unlicensed images. not to cut svg, you can cut svg and fonts on your computer for free, no subscription necessary.

the Write and cut feature is much different than before, you can choose different fonts, such as a writing styles, or any font and have it write it, you can choose anything to cut, write or score, and in fine print with some of the pens.

I have used the software.

Hi Melody,

Nice to hear from you! You might be a bit confused, when I asked what is the rush, I was referring to PC, not to all of the wonderful crafters who are buying the machines. I'm not sure why they were so anxious to get a machine out and not wait for the "icing on the cake" to be readily available, I'm just curious, is all.

If I thought it was a right choice, I too would be excited. As far as buying them for what it does now, there are many of us who have concerns for what it may or may not do later "the icing on the cake". If you choose to purchase something because it is promised to you, that is your right. In life, we get promised many things, doesn't mean it will happen.

I'm sorry, but as far as the svg cuts, I am confused, what do you mean when you say unlicensed images, can you please clarify, does this mean unlicensed images are not svg files?

I do appreciate your explanation on the print and cut feature, it does help me understand it better, I am curious though, the cut, write and score, is this available immediately or this one of the future "icing on the cake" features. I see that you used the software, does this mean you used the machine too?

I really do appreciate any help you can give me, because as I have stated before, I love all of my Cricut machines, but I am extremely unsure about this one, as I know many of us are!

Thanks and I do appreciate any help you can give!
MariaSmile
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:20:39 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JudiLuvz2CutPaper Go to Quoted Post
Thank you for this post. The excitement of the Explore made me come back to the board after a long hiatus. I'm very happy that I'm getting the Explore and ready to use it. And yes, I have the SC and love it, and I did have to purchase the designer edition software for $50 to unlock its full capability, and I'm do glad I did. I was burned with the Imagine, but I love paper-crafting, and I know I'll put the Explore to good use. You shouldn't have to worry about getting flamed. :/

Me too! I'm so happy to be back and to see the board getting new life and excitement. I left b/c everyone was so annoyed and I understand- I was too when my dear sweet Imagine was discontinued. I love my Big Boy - yes he is huge but it has always been good to me and when it was discontinued I became resentful at CCR and all the products geared towards it. Now I have been reinvigorated with Explore and am delighted to share that excitement with others. Fingers and toes crossed that it all rolls out smoothly and the board stays fun!
 5 users thanked jillieneIsaacs for this useful post.
JustJudi on 2/13/2014(UTC), LizVellali on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 2/14/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/16/2014(UTC)
bostmann43492afb Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:26:45 PM(UTC)
bostmann43492afb

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Thanks for your post Melody.

Just a few questions to quiet the crowds and obviously only answer what you're allowed.

Is the software living up to its name...are you having connection issues (doesn't sound like it)?

I saw that you thought you would get your machine yesterday or today (can't recall exactly what you said). Did you get it and is it living up to your expectations personally? Not asking about anything specific, just asking if it's all we're hoping for.

Thanks,
Beth