Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jillieneIsaacs Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:47:45 PM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 92 post(s)
After watching just the first presentation of the Explore on HSN, I decided I had to have one, It is ironic because I was CERTAIN I would never purchase a computer dependent die cutter. well after seeing all of the amazing things it does, I had to have one. It almost seems to good to be true but I think it is going to do everything Anna Griffin said it would during her sales pitches on HSN. In fact it was her endorsement that influenced my decision to buy.

I am not really a frilly styled crafter so I don't generally gravitate towards her stuff, but I did buy her Christmas card kit and *LOVED* it. Not because I loved the layering of all the elements but because I liked that the elements could easily be worked into my own style. The kit was HUGE and top notch in every way. She is a very reputable and an extraordinarily detail oriented artist, so I don't think she would put her good name "in front" of a product without doing her due diligence. Just look at her designs to see her attention to detail. Her HSN Holiday Card Kit is an excellent example of her commitment to quality products. It seems like she would have had her own people give the machine, software and system a thorough and rigorous testing before she would act as a spokesperson. Affiliating herself with a dud could really impact her company and she seems like she is an astute business woman. So when I worried that I would be disappointed (not b/c of the $- I can always get a refund but because I'm excited to use it!!) I thought about this and I felt 100% better.

Edited by user Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

11 users thanked jillieneIsaacs for this useful post.
JudiLuvz2CutPaper on 2/13/2014(UTC), LynneF on 2/13/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 2/13/2014(UTC), ellamap on 2/13/2014(UTC), GrammyCris on 2/13/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 2/14/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 2/14/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 2/14/2014(UTC), sherijobalschweita96ee057 on 2/14/2014(UTC), CocoasMom on 2/14/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 2/14/2014(UTC)
JudiLuvz2CutPaper Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:16:33 PM(UTC)
JudiLuvz2CutPaper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1213 time(s) in 684 post(s)
Thank you for this post.
Janice Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 13, 2014 7:25:08 PM(UTC)
Janice

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 337 time(s) in 254 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jillieneIsaacs Go to Quoted Post
After watching just the first presentation of the Explore on HSN, I decided I had to have one, It is ironic because I was CERTAIN I would never purchase a computer dependent die cutter. well after seeing all of the amazing things it does, I had to have one. It almost seems to good to be true but I think it is going to do everything Anna Griffin said it would during her sales pitches on HSN. In fact it was her endorsement that influenced my decision to buy.

I am not really a frilly styled crafter so I don't generally gravitate towards her stuff, but I did buy her Christmas card kit and *LOVED* it. Not because I loved the layering of all the elements but because I liked that the elements could easily be worked into my own style. The kit was HUGE and top notch in every way. She is a very reputable and an extraordinarily detail oriented artist, so I don't think she would put her good name "in front" of a product without doing her due diligence. Just look at her designs to see her attention to detail. Her HSN Holiday Card Kit is an excellent example of her commitment to quality products. It seems like she would have had her own people give the machine, software and system a thorough and rigorous testing before she would act as a spokesperson. Affiliating herself with a dud could really impact her company and she seems like she is an astute business woman. So when I worried that I would be disappointed (not b/c of the $- I can always get a refund but because I'm excited to use it!!) I thought about this and I felt 100% better.

I agree with you....was not going to buy this and I did!! Her projects look beautiful. Buying from HSN you have 30 days to return and you are not even paying the full price. I am excited to get it. I guess I am a die cutting tool junkie!BigGrin

1 user thanked Janice for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 2/14/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:10:42 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 6857 time(s) in 2785 post(s)
Anna Griffin made the sale for me.
I love her designs. I do like frilly and pretty projects.
I didn't want to miss out on getting her exclusive images from the HSN launch.
3 digital cartridges and 4 fonts! The fonts are awesome!!
With more cartridges to come. I kind of wished I did the auto ship.
I will be sure to pick them up when they become available.
I bought Anna's Christmas card kit and I loved working with the die cuts.
Her party theme cartridges are going to be an awesome buy.
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
JudiLuvz2CutPaper on 2/14/2014(UTC)
Moxy77 Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 2:34:12 AM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 392 time(s) in 289 post(s)
It is her flowery things that I think she overdoes at least for my taste but her Christmas things are gorgeous. I too bought her Christmas kit and love it. I take it out and just go through and look at all the beautiful cut outs and papers. Makes me happy to just look at it and feel it and I bought and love, love her Christmas cart (Winter Wonderland.. I think) I love her cuttlbug die cuts too. Have several of them. I did get the auto ship to get the other carts and something I didn't know until yesterday, they come with a $10 download card!!! Yeah. So her endorsement does carry weight with me. I also bought it because of the flex pays. Makes it a lot easier to afford. I also got it because of the dual head cut and write. That is going to be fun to use. I do think the the cutting ability of this machine is advanced. If it wasn't the chatter about it wouldn't be so positive. However we are having to read tea leaves to figure this out because there where no in debt or even slightly informative demos. I am stalking my HSN account to see if their is any change. I want it like yesterday. I love new technology and wouldn't dream of not getting this machine to play with. I am afraid that they are not going to allow us to use SVG's like we will be expecting but maybe I will be surprised. Melissa
 1 user thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
JudiLuvz2CutPaper on 2/14/2014(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2014 10:27:06 AM(UTC)
jillieneIsaacs

Was thanked: 244 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Moxy77 Go to Quoted Post
It is her flowery things that I think she overdoes at least for my taste but her Christmas things are gorgeous. I too bought her Christmas kit and love it. I take it out and just go through and look at all the beautiful cut outs and papers. Makes me happy to just look at it and feel it and I bought and love, love her Christmas cart (Winter Wonderland.. I think) I love her cuttlbug die cuts too. Have several of them. I did get the auto ship to get the other carts and something I didn't know until yesterday, they come with a $10 download card!!! Yeah. So her endorsement does carry weight with me. I also bought it because of the flex pays. Makes it a lot easier to afford. I also got it because of the dual head cut and write. That is going to be fun to use. I do think the the cutting ability of this machine is advanced. If it wasn't the chatter about it wouldn't be so positive. However we are having to read tea leaves to figure this out because there where no in debt or even slightly informative demos. I am stalking my HSN account to see if their is any change. I want it like yesterday. I love new technology and wouldn't dream of not getting this machine to play with. I am afraid that they are not going to allow us to use SVG's like we will be expecting but maybe I will be surprised. Melissa

I am regretting that I didn't get the autoship now. It is always a treat to get something down the line - i often forget i bought it and end up receiving an email unexpectedly that gets me excited again. To tell you the truth, I was a little bummed that the launch programs didn't have more kits. I remember, 7 or 8 years ago when there were SBing shows on both hsn and qvc, where i would pick up 5 or 6 different things and would run to the window every time I heard squeaky brakes hoping it was the UPS truck. I miss that feeling and all the wonderful options. I always *LOVED* Lisa B's kits but I'm not a PL person so nowadays her goodies aren't up my alley. Remember Kit of the month? I loved those!!

Now I am way off topic...I'm just excited to get a new toy and reminiscing. Drool