Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rosegrower646dcb92f4 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:01:46 AM(UTC)
rosegrower646dcb92f4

Groups: Registered

I bought the new Explore from HSN with a delivery date no later than 2/27. So I have been reading everything and anything I can find about the new machine. I have a expression II and its been a good machine I also use CCR and love it better than using the little screen. From what I read the new Explore uses a newer cutting blade that's if I'm reading correctly? however, I can't find them anywhere on the net so what is a person to do if they dull the blade and they are not anywhere to be found? Can we use blades that fit the other machines? will they work in the Explore machine? Does anyone know the answer Thanks

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:03:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 4:06:05 AM(UTC)
rosegrower646dcb92f4

This is the only thing I found about the Explore cutting blade and it says for the Explore only.
http://www.amazon.com/Cr...de-Housing/dp/B00I00RASM
ddair Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:12:05 AM(UTC)
ddair

Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 441 post(s)
My understanding from Cricut Customer service is that the blades from our original machines may be used in The Explore machine but the housings for the blades are different.

Also, the new Cricut Explore blades are supposed to last longer .

The deep cut blade that you found will work in the Explore. My understanding is that is used for thicker materials. They told me the blades,pens.score ect will be available in stores the middle of March.

The Explore comes with an installed cutting blade and one pen. HTH

Diania
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 7:19:04 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7910 time(s) in 3708 post(s)
I'm sure once the Explore is actually available retail (March 6 I think) they'll have the blades in the cricut.com online shop along with all the other accessories.
MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:04:03 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1255 time(s) in 797 post(s)
I remember at one time, there was a discussion going around the forum about using a blade with a different degree angle, maybe 60, not sure, it was suppose to make the expressions cut more precise. I did purchase one, don't think I ever tried it and cannot find it now! Was going to put it in the mini to see if it made the wonderful cuts on the mini even better.

Any oldies out there remember what the magic blade angle was?

Mary
*Violette* Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:27:46 AM(UTC)
*Violette*

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 115 post(s)
The blades are interchangeable between the Explore and the older Cricut machines. However, the blade for the Explore is different and better than the older/original blades.

The Cricut Explore will be available in retail stores beginning March 15th. That blade on Amazon is a Deep Cut blade for the Explore. That's what the packaging says anyway. There were blades for sale on HSN on the Exlore's launch day (Feb 12th) but they sold out quickly. I almost bought them but they looked like the original blades that the older machines use, so I decided to wait for the blades to become available on Cricut's site. I imagine the blades, more tool kits and pens for the Explore will be available around March 15th.

Edited by user Saturday, February 15, 2014 10:28:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2014 12:23:09 PM(UTC)
rosegrower646dcb92f4

Thanks everyone I was curious because I have over a 100 new deep cut blades that I was going to use in my Expression II and I would not be happy if they could not be used anymore in the Explore machine. Blades are expensive and I got a supper deal on them and EL Cheap "O" does not want to buy new blades just yet...