Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Mizz Tricia Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:50:16 PM(UTC)
Mizz Tricia

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Hi there,

I was curious if anyone has had this happen to them and if so what they did to remedy the problem. I was trying to print & cut today but my machine keeps telling me to to load ink cartridge? I have both ink cartridges loaded. I've had this machine for almost 3 years and probably have used it around 3-4 times and everytime it's to print & cut small things so I know there is still a lot of ink left. When I go to the settings and look it reads "missing" for both cartridges? Please help...any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Tricia
coralz Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 5:58:40 AM(UTC)
coralz

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 189 time(s) in 145 post(s)
It says that when ink runs low or gets clogged. Do you have a new one you can replace it with?
Mizz Tricia Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2014 9:46:47 AM(UTC)
Mizz Tricia

United States

Hello coralz,

No, I do not have a back up ink cartridge. Gosh...my hubby bought me this machine 3 Christmas' ago and I have no idea where I placed the manual and if it came with extra ink cartridges?
But, after posting my inquiry I back searched the message board and saw that there were quite a few posts concerning this matter. I tried the tape over the 4 top rows late last night but got tired and irritated cause it was right before heading to bed. I'm going to eat some breakfast and try a few more suggestions. If those don't work then I'll run down to the store and pick-up HP 97 & 98 inks.

Wish me luck!

Have a FAB day ladies!
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 6:38:50 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mizz Tricia Go to Quoted Post
Hello coralz,

No, I do not have a back up ink cartridge. Gosh...my hubby bought me this machine 3 Christmas' ago and I have no idea where I placed the manual and if it came with extra ink cartridges?
But, after posting my inquiry I back searched the message board and saw that there were quite a few posts concerning this matter. I tried the tape over the 4 top rows late last night but got tired and irritated cause it was right before heading to bed. I'm going to eat some breakfast and try a few more suggestions. If those don't work then I'll run down to the store and pick-up HP 97 & 98 inks.

Wish me luck!

Have a FAB day ladies!

Future reference, try to take both the inks out. Shut the machine off. Put in the black ink cartridge first. Turn the machine on (without the color one in). Give it a minute or two to register it's there <or at least until it's to the main menu>. Then put the color one in. Sometimes it's just one of them causing the problem. You can also take a qtip and carefully with a smudge of rubbing alcohol clean the contacts on the ink cartridge. Then replace if neither of those work.

:)Khrista
scrappig Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 01, 2014 12:54:30 PM(UTC)
scrappig

Groups: Registered

I am actually having the exact same problem. I am also having the problem of finding ink to try to put in fresh ones. If you fix yours please post how you did it. Thanks
Mizz Tricia Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 9:03:10 AM(UTC)
Mizz Tricia

United States

Hello scrappig,

I did get my problem resolved. I actually called up the customer service several times. I finally got in touch with a lady that was very patient with me and willing to walk me through some steps. I had to reboot my Imagine machine. I forgot all the steps that she told me to go through but whatever she helped me with over the phone worked! Also....I was told that the ink I had originally had in my machine is expired and to get new inks HP 97 & 98. I did research to find some at a cheaper price then what staples could give me but I wanted to buy in store first to see if that helped the problem. I'm back up and running! Next time I will buy inks online.

Good Luck!