Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ferindpuleo75ef4fb7 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 1:55:45 PM(UTC)
ferindpuleo75ef4fb7

Groups: Registered

I am wondering if the design studio will be available to use for the E2? I just purchased one last year and I don't really want to purchase another machine but I would like to be able to use the design studio. The design studio looks like it has everything that the craft room is lacking. I would even be interested in it if I had to pay a reasonable fee. If it will be available what time frame are we looking at? Thank you.

Ferin
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 7:47:23 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ferindpuleo75ef4fb7 Go to Quoted Post
I am wondering if the design studio will be available to use for the E2? I just purchased one last year and I don't really want to purchase another machine but I would like to be able to use the design studio. The design studio looks like it has everything that the craft room is lacking. I would even be interested in it if I had to pay a reasonable fee. If it will be available what time frame are we looking at? Thank you.

Ferin

I'm not sure whether you mean Design Studio or Design Space.

Design Studio was PC's first software program and only works with the Personal, Expression and Create machines. It has been discontinued and will never be updated.

Design Space is the new software that is only able to be used with the new Cricut Explore.
jbalbuena88e0554375 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:16:50 AM(UTC)
jbalbuena88e0554375

Correct me if I’m wrong, sorry for the question but I just bought my first Cricut 2 days ago (Expression 2).
So if you have an expression 2, Design Studio is discontinued but you can' use Design Space either. So it sounds to me that I am either forced to buy cartridges or I just bought a really expensive paper weight.
Will Design Space ever be updated to support older machines other than the new Explore ??
Thank you for your time
Eleanor Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 9:26:46 AM(UTC)
Eleanor

Was thanked: 83 time(s) in 52 post(s)
You can use the Expression 2 with the Cricut Craft Room (CCR). This is an online design program that came after Design Studio. You still have to own the actual cartridges you want to use. Check out CCR on the Cricut site.

HTH
Eleanor
jbalbuena88e0554375 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:47:34 PM(UTC)
jbalbuena88e0554375

Eleanor,

Thank you very much for the info and getting back to me so soon. Unfortunately for me I should have done a bit more research before buying the E2. For what I would be using it, I should get a Cameo with (Sure Cuts Alot v3).

Again than you for your help.

J
thinker Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 6:29:02 PM(UTC)
thinker

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can sell your e2 on ebay or etsy or craigslist, better yet, to avoid ship costs and ebay's 11% cut. I want to know if I have to pay for a subscription to design space just to use the explore and my own cartridges. This of course is a glaring omission by provocraft, but again, I expect no more from them than the chaotic and useless or absent explanations they have been famous for. Heck, they aren't even open to call and ask, and yet they are trying to promote a new product. Gee.
Narelle Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:28:52 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: thinker Go to Quoted Post
You can sell your e2 on ebay or etsy or craigslist, better yet, to avoid ship costs and ebay's 11% cut. I want to know if I have to pay for a subscription to design space just to use the explore and my own cartridges. This of course is a glaring omission by provocraft, but again, I expect no more from them than the chaotic and useless or absent explanations they have been famous for. Heck, they aren't even open to call and ask, and yet they are trying to promote a new product. Gee.

You don't need a subscription to use your own cartridges in Design Space.

AnnaGlanz Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:38:17 AM(UTC)
AnnaGlanz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Narrele THANK YOU for simplifying what the heck Design Space is!! I have a 7 year old Cricut that I use so seldomly I didn't want to even think about upgrading. I just need to use what I have more then see if it's worth the purchase!

On that note, does anyone know how to change the mat on CCR CraftRoom? I have a 6 x 12 and can only view the first 6 inches, if I changed to to a more landscape from a more portrait view, I could use it better then just enlarge when I needed the details. I like the Design Center because it shows my entire mat, but I can't get it to cut now that I've upgraded my firmware! I'm giving up and using CraftRoom, but want to use it optimally the way I want to :-(

I need classes I guess!
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:32:28 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: AnnaGlanz Go to Quoted Post
Narrele THANK YOU for simplifying what the heck Design Space is!! I have a 7 year old Cricut that I use so seldomly I didn't want to even think about upgrading. I just need to use what I have more then see if it's worth the purchase!

On that note, does anyone know how to change the mat on CCR CraftRoom? I have a 6 x 12 and can only view the first 6 inches, if I changed to to a more landscape from a more portrait view, I could use it better then just enlarge when I needed the details. I like the Design Center because it shows my entire mat, but I can't get it to cut now that I've upgraded my firmware! I'm giving up and using CraftRoom, but want to use it optimally the way I want to :-(

I need classes I guess!

You can't rotate the mat in CCR but you can zoom in or out. Look for the zoom icons in the top toolbar. Zooming out will allow you to see the whole mat.

As for Design Studio, I'll get mine out today and see if I also have trouble cutting with 8.1.
AnnaGlanz Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:36:51 PM(UTC)
AnnaGlanz

Any ideas on Design Studio?

Just tried again, no go :-( I zoomed and realized I actually have a nice workspace to the right! now if only the darn thing would cut! Cut darn it cut!! I think I should be drinking wine while scrapping, then I wouldn't get so frustratedDrool

I think I'll reset my machine, try another update and start begging the hubs for a new one!! BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:38:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 3:41:18 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

So it's CCR that won't cut?

Have you installed the drivers from the Help menu in CCR?

And did you install the 8.1 update from http://www.cricut.com/home/usemini
AnnaGlanz Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:14:59 PM(UTC)
AnnaGlanz

Yep....Yep...just double checked, have the most up to date one! SOOOO, I went to my DesignStudio, updated Firmware...guess what, it DOWNGRADED to 1.34, I am no updating to 1.45 via CCRCrying probably won't work, since I'm on the internet too, even though I have screaming internet.

Now nothing will cut, it won't load for CCR DS or just plain hitting the button with nothing attached to it....Glare

So, Narelle, you have am E2? I am starting the begging process with the hubs,real tears and all, this is ridiculous! SOOOO, the E2, can use the DesignStudio? I so love it and would like to use both until I feel comfortable enough with CCR. I also have all but the titles and other cricut items needed to finish 7 (yes, SEVEN) full 30+ page scrapbooks (only half need cricutting) I do things in an odd order, but really want to do more, I'm about to be an empty nester and can do a lot of catching up! Any info would be appreciated. Once I've been giving the ok, if it makes you happy, then I'll really pour over the internet but at this point, I've spent more time downloading and troubleshooting then I care to do again, and I'd really like a 12x12 mat!!

Edited by user Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:15:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:02:10 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

The only Cricuts that work with Design Studio are the Personal, the Create and the Expression. (Not the E2).

I have both the Expression and the E2. My E2 cuts better than my Expression but the USB port on my E2 is broken and therefore can't be used with CCR. This is a known problem and extremely difficult to fix. I haven't heard of anyone having the same problem with the Expression.

As for your Personal, at this point you have no choice but to do the Firmware update again. If it's possible can you run it from a computer that doesn't have Windows 8 on it? And make sure you're running the latest version of the Design Studio program.

http://www.cricut.com/home/supp...esignstudio-reg-support/

Edited by user Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:03:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified