Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Crafty Pom Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:44:21 AM(UTC)
Crafty Pom

Groups: Registered

Yes in my house.

I've had my Expression 2 since March 2013. All worked well on my laptop (apart from the sudden lack of being able to buy digital cartridges if not in specified country. Even with bank account in specified country, sadly attached to address in different country of residence.) Anyway. My boys use the laptop for homework, downtime gaming etc etc..so bright idea..get a new small tablet/notebook thingy for my little craftroom and my beloved Exp 2. All was looking good. Made sure tablet came with keyboard to plug Exp2 into, picked a decent make. HOWEVER...Windows 8.1, tablet not even seeing Exp2 when plugged in, Sync not seeing device, Firewall updated to accept Cricut...but STILL my tablet will not see the Exp2. I've emailed the support but wondered if anyone can help. I've been reading the fab advice on the forums but nothing seems to work. My usb sees other devices btw so I know it's working. Thanks in advance for stopping my screeches of frustration!!!
Debbie Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 7:26:25 AM(UTC)
Debbie

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I called Cricut support a while ago and asked if Cricut Craft Room would work with an Ipad or other tablets. At that time I was told it would not. I don't know if anything has changed since then. I did see where some people with Ipads said they downloaded a program (maybe flash?) and were able to design in the craft room but were not able to cut. They had to transfer the file to a laptop or desktop computer to cut it out. For your sake, I hope it has changed and I'm wrong!
Crafty Pom Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 2:35:55 PM(UTC)
Crafty Pom

Thanks Debbie. I've read so many ways people have managed to get their Cricut working on their tablet, not the ipad though. I was going to get an Andriod but read it wouldn't work on that. Confident that it would work on Windows 8 as there were update available, I bought an Asus which came with detachable keyboard AND usb. I think it's not downloading the driver correctly as I can't see it in the USB list. Makes me crazy that we all have to be so computer savvy just to get out little cutter working!! I'm looking in folders I've never heard of!!! Hoping they reply with a simple solution. Will email Asus today too. In the meantime am still living in hope that a genius on here knows what else I can do!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad
Crafty Pom Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 07, 2014 2:21:53 PM(UTC)
Crafty Pom

On the line to Cricut now. Will hopefully have an answer soon....if anyone answers.
..Update..Cricut said it just won't work with ANY tablet. Even though mine has a keyboard, the machine still sees it as a tablet.sigh. Hopefully I can take this tablet back! Crying
Crafty Pom Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 5:00:26 PM(UTC)
Crafty Pom

Took the Asus tablet back. Swopped for a Toshiba Satellite notebook. Got home, eventually managed to get my Expression to cut!!

Then....then I had to do it. Updated to Windows 8.1. Now getting the blue screen of death and have to take THIS notebook back as there are lots of issues with it being updated to Windows 8.1. I'm tired of reading tech stuff that I don't understand. All I want is to open up a laptop, plug in my E2 and zone out.

AND I will have to get in touch with PC again as now have 2 useless laptops on my account. I guess there is no way of taking them off myself. Had a look at profile etc and can't see anything easy. Then, why would there be?

Mellow