Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

26 Pages123>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:00:48 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1280 time(s) in 995 post(s)
Good morning girls,

Cloudy here on L.I. getting ready for more snow. We still have mounds of ice hopefully it won't be as bad as they originally predicted.

My back is bothering me this morning.. all day yesterday I prepared my photos and mats and cardstock for the upcoming Crop. Now need to get on the Expression and make titles and cut images.

Enjoy the day/night
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 5/1/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:16:20 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I'm watching Good Mythical Morning on YouTube. Kinda marathoning back episodes.

I'm waiting for Hubby to wake son up so we can go get breakfast.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 8:21:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Enjoy your breakfast
lv2scrap02 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 12:18:05 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just finished cutting all my titles and images from the Cricut cartridges. I have to say I used Artbooking the most.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:39:52 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Trying to keep us on the 1st. page

I am all done, exhausted. Now trying to make some Easter cards I finished the box cards all but one I want to use Easter eggs and chicks.

Jooniper Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:58:19 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Thanks! Breakfast was good!

We just got back from buying paint to paint our kitchen. And then went and bought groceries. I'm pooped! Laying down resting my back. I hope to finish off my crafting area later tonight, if not sometime this coming week. LOL

Well now you and I can rest and get ready for the coming week. Smile
Jooniper Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 1:59:28 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Trying to keep us on the 1st. page

I am all done, exhausted. Now trying to make some Easter cards I finished the box cards all but one I want to use Easter eggs and chicks.

Been sure to post them when you have time, I want to see!!BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:20:00 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
A new thread!!!! Did I miss anything on the other one???

I shouldn't have taken my tablet to church this morning. We always get there early wor worship team practice, but it wasn't my week to sing. DH runs the sound. While I was waiting I bought Pack Your Bag! Cuz I really needed another cart.

I am trying to type with Lincoln on my lap. For those who don't know, Lincoln is an 8 month old labradoodle, about as cute as they come!!!

Anyway, we are going on a cruise at the end of March, and I really NEEDED this new cart to make door decorations. Because I just didn't have ANYTHING else that would work. Laugh Flapper LOL

Baking a cake to share with our small group Bible study tonight.

Nancy, can't wait to see your Easter box card!

Hi Jooniper. My name is Joy. The dog to the left is Nick. He is old and feeble now. He sleeps and barks. We also have another yellow lab, Camry. Lincoln belongs to our DD, but he visits us a lot.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 5/8/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:34:20 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Joy, enjoy your cake... no you didn't miss anything on the last one. Where are you cruising to this time around?? Seems like you just unpacked LOL Oh yeh you really need a new cart!!

Whenever we start a new chat we always have some new chatters join us.

Hope to see you again Jooniper. Yes I am off to relax

My name is Nancy and that is Max he is a Havanese 9 yrs. old

I really have to post a picture of my granddaughter as my Avatar

joyfullycrafting Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 2:43:29 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I had not planned on packing again until June when we have a couple of other things going besides cruising. But DH found a great price on Western Caribbean (he's got to quit cruise shopping - sometimes I think that is all he does). And we have enough points to fly free. So, here we go again!!! Flapper Our same friends are going with us. But I am guessing this is the last time they will go with us. We are going to have to find new cruise buddies. Shelly . . . . . eight more months!!!!!!!!!!!
SandraB. Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 7:10:42 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 270 time(s) in 229 post(s)
hey, a new page! Sort of shocked me for a momentLOL!
We had an awfully cold w/end here this w/end..-30C or so at night and up to -25C during the day. Of course, I had errands to run yesterday so was out for an hour or so and then today we had a hockey game. Cold outside and almost as cold in the arena. I had made chicken and veggies in the crockpot so it was nice to come home to a nice hot meal. Last evening we went to dd's for dh's birthday dinner.

Nancy: sounds like you have been busy making cards and boxes. Look forward to seeing them. Are you all ready for your crop now?

Jooniper: welcome from Alberta, Canada. My name is Sandra. Look forward to chatting with you again soon. Have fun painting

Joy: another cruise...that's just not fairLOL! Where are you going? Hope you have a great time and enjoy your new cart. Look forward to seeing what you make with it

Tomorrow afterschool my friend and I are heading into the scrapbook store. They've got some new Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz stuff in stock...could be scareyBigGrin! My friend is wanting to get a Silhouette machine now that she has a new laptop. I'm not interested in it...will stick with my CricutsBigGrin!

I'm attaching a couple of pics, one of a page I finished and the other of dh's birthday card and a box I made with Box It Up. The card is from Everyday Creative Cards.

File Attachment(s):
Tuscon page.jpg (2,401kb) downloaded 57 time(s).
birthday card and box.jpg (1,686kb) downloaded 60 time(s).
Shelly Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 02, 2014 10:03:07 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi girls!

Nancy - A new thread! Thanks for keeping this going. It's impossible to keep us on the first page these days with all the Explore talk! Would love to see pictures of your cards and things you are working on.

Jooniper - Hi and welcome. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Sandra - Oh, so cold. You and Nancy and the others have had an awful winter! Love your card, box and the scrapbook page! Thanks for sharing them.

Joy - I'm ready to cruise anytime!! Just need the time. We are MAYBE going to go to the Dominican Republic in late April or early May for a week to an all inclusive resort. DH needs to see if he can get away then with work and other things. It will be five full days of just sitting on the beach. Hoping it works out but not going to get too excited till its actually booked. Which ports are you doing on your cruise. I love the Pack Your Bags cart. I used it for door decorations for our Western Caribbean cruise.

This cold has given me quite a cough. I hate getting a cough after having five kids. It does not nice things to my bladder, if you get my drift. Seems like I have had a cold in some stage since the beginning of January. Getting real tired of this!

Went fabric shopping with my friend yesterday. We had a lot of fun. I bought a panel for a baby quilt yesterday. Not sure how it is going to work out, but my friend has made several and is going to help me. So I am just putting it in my pile of projects to work on. Slowing getting some things done.

sharonft575dc4b9 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 12:09:27 AM(UTC)
sharonft575dc4b9

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Good morning girls,

Cloudy here on L.I. getting ready for more snow. We still have mounds of ice hopefully it won't be as bad as they originally predicted.

My back is bothering me this morning.. all day yesterday I prepared my photos and mats and cardstock for the upcoming Crop. Now need to get on the Expression and make titles and cut images.

Enjoy the day/night

sharonft575dc4b9 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 12:19:29 AM(UTC)
sharonft575dc4b9

Hello Everyone-I know its late and I am new to this and don't know what I'm doing but been up searching for the "SHALL WE DANCE" CARTRIDGE so if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase one without having to pay $150.00 on ebay I sure would appreciate the info. Thank you so much and hope I'm not where I shouldn't be.

SharonBlushing
Jooniper Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 6:18:15 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

It's raining here, but at least it's not cold!!

Anyone else on a Wheat Thins kick? I'm eating the original ones. I probably should have bought the reduced fat ones, but they don't have the same taste.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 9:33:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: sharonft575dc4b9 Go to Quoted Post
Hello Everyone-I know its late and I am new to this and don't know what I'm doing but been up searching for the "SHALL WE DANCE" CARTRIDGE so if anyone knows where I might be able to purchase one without having to pay $150.00 on ebay I sure would appreciate the info. Thank you so much and hope I'm not where I shouldn't be.

SharonBlushing

There is a section on the main cricut mb for sale items
lv2scrap02 Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 9:41:51 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy... we went to the Western Carr. some years ago Make sure when you go on tours you are in a group..

Shelly.. feel better soon. Enjoy making your projects

Sandra.. nice card in the box and scrapbook page.

Jooniper..Wheat Thins are a little bland for me now give me an Oreo and a tall glass of milk BigGrin

Well I did a lot of cutting this weekend and when I go to my crop I should be prepared. Years ago I would carry the whole album with me I would bring way too much stuff. So now just pages cardstock cutter.

The place where they have the crop the Host has all several cricut machines you just need to bring your own mats or pay 2.00 for their mats and they have lots of cartridges. Ellison machines, all kinds of die cuts and then they have someone there selling scrapbook supplies.

They said you could bring your own cricut I can't imagine carrying the Expression with me LOL

Today relaxing with Abigail. She is really becoming more out going she is doing so well at gymnastics. Balance beam, tumbling. I think in 2 weeks I will go and watch her now that she is doing it all.

Now2 they have Indoor Play areas. Great idea it is like a park with all the fun things to do it cost 10.00 for the child to play for 2 hours. With this crazy weather whoever thought of this idea is making lots of money

Well off to clean out my scrapbook bag I haven't touched in years...

lv2scrap02 Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 9:43:00 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

So far I haven't heard anything bad about the new machine!!

Home Shopping Network keeps sending me 20% off coupons..to buy crafts..
joyfullycrafting Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 12:29:26 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

From what I have read, most seem to be really happy with the Explore.

Jooniper, it seems like my DD had some delicious baked flavored wheat thins. I kind of devoured them. If they were wheat thins, which I am pretty sure they were. BigGrin

Shelly, I would like to try a destination resort, but DH is stuck on cruises. We have done this itinerary before out of Tampa. We aren't really going for where it goes, we are going cuz the price was right!!!

Nancy, the play place for Abigail sounds wonderful with the kind of weather you have been having! Very nice.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 2:28:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I wanted to play in the CCR still hate taking my lap top out.. I think if I could find a cheap gypsy I would buy another one that would make 4!

Jooniper I checked out your blog you have some really pretty cards I especially like the yellow and black very different pretty
Jooniper on 3/3/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 2:51:25 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I'm trying to lose weight. I have gained a lot of weight since my removal of lady parts about 4 months back. I like to eat pasta and sweets. I actually crave sugar all the time because of my meds. So, I'm trying to snack on Wheat Thins because, to me, they are the perfect combo of sweet and salty. I only like the Original ones.

Thanks about my card, it was kinda out of my color combo zone. LOL I hope to start making more cards now that I got my crafting area organized and cleaned up. YAY!!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 3:46:33 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
I'm trying to lose weight. I have gained a lot of weight since my removal of lady parts about 4 months back.

I had that done just about a year ago! I feel SO MUCH better. No more migraines.

At the end of last May, I went to a place called Positive Changes. It is a chain hypnosis center. One of the things they specialize in is weight loss. I have lost about 39 pounds (my goal was 40, so really, I am there). I feel so much better! And my DH, who is NOT a shopper, keeps finding online clothing deals for me and buying me stuff. This is the first time in 32 years of marriage that he has EVER voluntarily bought me clothing.

Anyway, good luck with your weight journey. I have been a yoyo dieter forever. Now, I eat whatever I want, but what I want is fruit and veggies. It has been amazing.

2 users thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
Jooniper on 3/4/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 3/8/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 5:02:20 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy I didn't realize you lost that much weight.. Congrats and it is the best thing for you is lots of fruits and veggies.

Keep up the good work

Jooniper good luck on your weight loss.

Ms. Abigail took a 2 1/2 hour nap this morning and woke up at 1pm then she looked tired at 3:30 I said do you want a nap she ran to the bedroom and wanted to go into the crib. I think that was the best thing for her is me buying the crib. She sleeps so much better and longer naps.
So she goes down for a nap and I put the monitor on to listen and she is singing and chatting away to her little lovey then 45 min later she starts calling ma ma I go in and she says Up II rested awhile and she did. so she played with her Barney and friends caboose the rest of the afternoon until mommy came.

I am getting a bit nervous Patty has been looking for a new job where they have Health coverage and she has all these interviews East of her Not good that would mean she would have to look for day care out near her!!! All her friends have their children in day care and I think she would like Abigail there too.

I can understand that there is no one her age around here at all to play with but I can't even imagine not taking care of my little one.

I also feel she sees how close Abigail is to me and my DH and it bothers her a little.

She sees Hannah and Alex are still attached to me.

Well hoping everyone has a good night/day
SandraB. Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, March 03, 2014 8:13:35 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

went on my scrapbook shopping trip with my friend afterschool. She bought her Cameo machine and I bought some Graphic 45 and Tim Holtz stuff. Thanks for your kind comments on my cards

Nancy: the play place sounds great, I see way too many over weight kids at our school everyday. Hope dd is able to find a job closer to you but then having her in a place with other kids her age isn't necessarily a bad thing either. The place you go for your crops sounds great

Joy: congrats on your weight loss. I played around with the design space a bit last nite

Shelly: hope you are able to go on your trip in April. Good luck with your sewing

Jooniper: good luck with your weight loss journey. I've had good luck with the Weight Watchers plan. Look forward to seeing more of your creations soon

Off to watch The Voice. We were late getting home so now the night is almost over already. Supposed to start warming up here soon...time will tellLOL!

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 5:56:56 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Woke up to a bright sunny dayBigGrin so nice to see the sun again... it's cold but at least the sun is out.

I promised myself every night I would get some kind of craft done but we ate a late dinner by the time I cleaned up it was relax time.

Nothing much going on today except baby sitting
I know Tim H
Sandra.. sounds like a good shopping day at a craft store. What is Graphic 45???

Jooniper Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 6:22:43 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
I had that done just about a year ago! I feel SO MUCH better. No more migraines.

At the end of last May, I went to a place called Positive Changes. It is a chain hypnosis center. One of the things they specialize in is weight loss. I have lost about 39 pounds (my goal was 40, so really, I am there). I feel so much better! And my DH, who is NOT a shopper, keeps finding online clothing deals for me and buying me stuff. This is the first time in 32 years of marriage that he has EVER voluntarily bought me clothing.

Anyway, good luck with your weight journey. I have been a yoyo dieter forever. Now, I eat whatever I want, but what I want is fruit and veggies. It has been amazing.

Congrats on the weight loss!! And the new clothes!!

Thanks!! It's going to be hard for me, as I can't really exercise much because of my health condition and I just like to eat all carbs. I do like salad, but I get board with it after a while. I might buy a blender to make smoothies. I need more calcium in my diet.
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Bugsy2 Offline
#27 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:39:52 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 449 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Congrats on the weight loss!! And the new clothes!!

Thanks!! It's going to be hard for me, as I can't really exercise much because of my health condition and I just like to eat all carbs. I do like salad, but I get board with it after a while. I might buy a blender to make smoothies. I need more calcium in my diet.

It would take more than hypnosis to keep me away from chocolate!!! Seriously though, I need to lose weight too. Calcium is actually very good for helping with weight reduction... as long as it isn't ice cream!

A few years ago I lost weight through starvation and depriving myself. I counted calories, stayed away from carbs... in the end I lost 50 pounds, but I couldn't keep up the "diet" that I had going. Once I started eating again I couldn't stop. I need to find that happy balance.
 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 9:45:23 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Jooniper..if you like shakes there is a book I bought with really nice shakes and a plan to lose weight healthy it is called " The Overnight Diet" by Dr. Caroline Apovian

The first day you only drink shakes thru out the day infact every 7 th day you drink the shakes your doing a cleanse then 2nd day 1 shake in the morning and then thru out day you eat veggies, fruit and Protein it gives you a guide on how much Protein you need to loose weight and keep it off.

My GF needed to lose 30 pounds because she was having knee surgery done I gave her my book and she started losing the weight and has kept it off.

I go back to it every so often to keep my weight down. Thankfully I am a tall person so I can be 20 pds over and no one notices but me. With this Winter weather I can't walk so I see I have gained.

Looking forward to the nice weather again so me and my grand daughter can take our walks.

I think this book can help. What is nice you can eat all the fruit and veggies and the Protein keeps you satisfied. I need 14 Proteins a day to keep my weight off. 1 shake using Protein Powder is considered 3 proteins but it is all explained in the book and they help you with guides to how much protein you need.
Shelly Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 10:10:58 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
Hi everyone.

Nancy - Your crop sounds like so much fun! Hope your DD finds a job so you can keep tending Abigail. I know you would miss her terribly!

Joy - Congrats on the weightloss. I lost about 65 pounds a couple years ago. But now half of it is back on. Need to do something. Told DH about the hypnosis and he told me to look into it. May look at the book Nancy mentioned too.

Sandra - Sounds like you had fun shopping!!

My laptop charger is toast. So ordered a new one on ebay last night. Should get here by Friday. I couldn't believe the difference in price ordering there or buying it locally. $9 versus $25-$45!

DH was just about to book our trip and I told him to look at the place some more to make sure it had good ratings and comments. He didn't book because they wanted an addition $240 each to drive us from the airport to the resort and back! We knew there was some additional ground transportation, but that is ridiculous. So back to searching for something to do.

Going to get supplies to make 60 cake slice boxes from the Sweet Tooth Box cart for a woman's Church dinner next week. Going to make them small and put some kind of wrapped candy in them for a favor. I also have a lot of cooking to do next Wed and Thurs for it, so I need to get the boxes done. My craftroom is NEVER going to be clean!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 04, 2014 8:03:39 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Wow! all this explore talk has pushed us to page 3 nowMellow! Woke up to snow this a.m., shoveled before I left for work and had to shovel again when I got homeCursing! I'm just so done with winter this year!

Shelly: hope you are able to get a trip booked, good thing dh checked your proposed trip out more before you booked. Good luck with all your boxes, they sound cute

Nancy: Like you I have to go back to the Weight Watchers plan again as I've put weight back on that I don't want. Graphic 45 is a line of paper that I really like

Bugsy: starvation isn't a particularily good way to lose weight. Hello from Alberta, Canada by the way

Jooniper: good luck with your weight loss plan what ever you decide to do.

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
Take care and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin!
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 4/22/2014(UTC)