Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

32 Pages«<2122232425>»
Shelly Offline
#661 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 7:28:38 AM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 268 post(s)
Hi everyone!

Nancy - Glad Max is doing better. Haven't they let consultants get the new cartridge first, so you could make things and tempt us? Think I am going to get my kids to get me that one for Christmas. Was going to save up for it, but think my money is going to other things for the rest of this year.

Joy - I know what you are saying about leaving some stuff out to play with. I am going to see what the realtor says when she comes to the house to walk through and help us with pricing and staging it for showing. Funny about seeing a house with all those Cricuts at it. Maybe I can keep my stuff here. Good luck with your house guests! Show us a picture when you get the banner done.

Sharon - So glad you are feeling better! I have never scrapbooked before, but I have plans on doing one of the house. I'll get my DD to help me. She is really good at it.

Yesterday, I was working on straightening up my house and doing some decluttering. I decided to wash all the rugs in one of the bathrooms, like I have done in the past. I go to take them out of the washer, and all the rubber backing came off in little pieces and the edges of the rugs were shredded! These are fairly new and I have washed them once before that I am positive of, maybe more. I had some others just like them that I washed many times and never had a problem. Don't know what happened. They are just cheap ones from Walmart, but makes me mad! Especially since I went to get more to replace them, and that color (light blue) is no longer anywhere to be found. Went to two stores, and found one small one on clearance.

Spending money like crazy getting things to spruce up and fix up some things around here. It is just little things, but they add up fast. Normally would spread it out, but need to get it done so we can get the house on the market ASAP. I'm wondering if this summer is our only opportunity to sell. It is a family sized house with several bedrooms and I so I wonder if it isn't sold before school starts, if our chance of selling it will go way down.

Have a good day.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#662 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 9:55:04 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
Shelly, I would think in your area a family sized house would sell just fine. Hope so! Too bad about your rugs.

Turned on my computer over an hour ago to cut my banner. Haven't gotten it done yet! I did get paper picked out, though. It is VERY simple, no time for anything else. HAPPY 90. Less letters than Happy Birthday. Flapper

Nancy, will the alcohol pens compare to like copics or letraset markers?

lv2scrap02 Offline
#663 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 12:45:25 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Hi girls,

Provo Craft isn't allowing anyone to get this new cartridge until August!! They did say that some Consultants did get the Proto Type so they could make cards and projects to show it off at the Convention.

Joy.. right now they are offering to the consultants I really don't know but I am sure it would have to be as good as the compition. All the products are good quality

I still haven't decided whether I will invest in 24 right now I don't have any alchol markers at all.

My crafty friend has the Noir those were heck of a lot cheapers then Copics and they work just as good.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#664 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 12:48:31 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I would love to own some alcohol markers, but just haven't been willing to part with the $$ it would take to get them. Other things keep calling to me, like Explores and cartridges and yarn. And paper. And yarn.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#665 Posted : Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:10:16 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just got some more information on the markers, no bleeding no smudging refillable and replaceable nips also odorless
 1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 7/2/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#666 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:23:41 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Another hot day today... but storms are coming just in time for our 4th of July parties!!Angry

Yesterday was a fun day me and Hannah took Abigail to a slide playground which she loves they had small slides med. slides and hugh slides. I felt more at ease with the smaller slides but Abigail wanted the med. slides. She did great. it was hot I have to say then since we were so close to where my Crafty GF lived she had asked us to stop by. Of course Abigail was hasn't to enter a strange house once we got in she saw this awesome toy that Linda had taken out for her to play with.

Never seen this before Linda bought it for her grandchildren about 6 yrs. ago all kinds of loopy shapes that you put together and then the base is musical and everything spins around she played for hours. While we talked crafts. Of course we were all in the same room.

Then home and Linda offered it to Abigail to take home and play with it. Truthfully I would have preferred for her not to do that this way it would have been easier for me to visit next time knowing that great toy would be there for her to play with.

Than Mommy came and they were off to the beach.

I have to say having Hannah here is such a big help I am just going to miss her when she goes off to Collage. She gets on the floor and plays with her which I really can't do because of my one bad knee. After those shots (knock wood) I haven't had any pains but I still don't want to push it.

So after everyone left I said I am going to go on Design space and use this new quirky font
"Type Candy Font" all I needed was the words or numbers 12 yrs. old well I linked the cartridge with the Explore but on 18 images showed up not the numbers or letters it was so weird.

So now I plug in the Imagine and put the cartridge in and everything shows up but I couldn't get it to print or cut. 2 hours and I gave up I was so determined to use this cartridge and got no whereAngry

Time to relax and watch TV I think I was in bed by 10pm I was so tired all from the last 2 hours trying to figure this all out!!

]So today is a new day and the sun is out and hopefully we will do something fun just me and DH

So hoping everyone has a great day/nightBigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#667 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 6:43:19 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

FYI

CTMH New Markers in the new Catty 2014-2015 have been on the market for the last 20 yrs.

Duel Tip Blends easily, 24 dynamic colors including flesh tones and neutrals, silky ink flow also odorless

Also buy separatly the colorless blender marker to lift color and/or blend
Shelly Offline
#668 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 7:58:09 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - Sounds like a fun day yesterday for you and Abigail. Nice of Hannah to help out and play with Abigail. I bet she loves doing it. Sorry you were having so much trouble with Design Space and your Imagine. Maybe the Cricut fairies came by overnight and fixed things, so it will work today. Hope you enjoy your day with your husband today.

Sandra - Have fun on your trip and enjoy your summer vacation. Hope your DD and SIL enjoy their trip and can get some peace as they have been through so much. Are you enjoying your Explore?

Joy - How's the banner coming? Have your guests arrived yet?

Well Jill is at the hospital. Been there since around 9:30 p.m. Not getting updates very well. Did hear about 2 hours ago they were still waiting. She wanted to go natural, but I don't know if she is still. Her DH doesn't tell me anything.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#669 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 8:03:08 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Oh Shelly, I hope your sil keeps you updated and hope all goes well for Jill...You must be on pins and needles

lv2scrap02 Offline
#670 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 3:57:59 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well a storm is coming it is so dark out for 7pm.

DH wanted to go out to the Outback for dinner we went at 5 pm the place was empty people leaving early from work to get home before the rain comes.

So I relaxed today sat outside in the sun to get some color about 2 hours later I had enough. LOL

then in the house did some chores

Now to scrapbook

Stay safe anyone in the path of Arthur

Have a good night/day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#671 Posted : Wednesday, July 02, 2014 5:30:40 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

So Nancy, have these always been CTMH markers, or were they under a different brand? Glad that you had a nice quiet day.

My brother came this afternoon. I spent the day after we got home trying teach Trinity to knit! She is 16. She has turned in to a very nice young lady. Taber chatted our ear off, though.

Kate comes tomorrow!!!

I did get the banner done. I will try to remember to take a pic when I get it hung up at my mom's house.

Close to 100 today! 98 just a few minutes ago.
NJsharon Offline
#672 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 4:14:50 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 245 post(s)
Joy, the brand of the CTMH markers is ShinHan markers. CTMH is just going to carry them, but they will be the ShinHan brand.

I purchased about 18 of the 24 new ones & got them in yesterday & they are gorgeous! Nice colors, they color smoothly & I love that they don't roll off the table (as they are not round), plus so easy to get the tops off & lock them back on securely.

We had storms yesterday evening, knocked out the power/internet very very briefly. But came right back on. Heard more storms heading our way though today & tomorrow?

Running a few errands today... walmart, post office & then working on more vinyl.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#673 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:29:31 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
So Nancy, have these always been CTMH markers, or were they under a different brand? Glad that you had a nice quiet day.

My brother came this afternoon. I spent the day after we got home trying teach Trinity to knit! She is 16. She has turned in to a very nice young lady. Taber chatted our ear off, though.

Kate comes tomorrow!!!

I did get the banner done. I will try to remember to take a pic when I get it hung up at my mom's house.

Close to 100 today! 98 just a few minutes ago.

Sent you a PM

No they are a different brand made by a company in No. korea,
lv2scrap02 Offline
#674 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:34:03 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Lots of lighthning rain and thunder last night. All that relaxion couldn't sleep at all!!

CONGRATS grandma Shelly and grandpa lots of luck to the family enjoy your new grandson

joyfullycrafting Offline
#675 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:31:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all.

Had awful wind last night. Supposed to be close to 100 today.

Got some flowers planted today, and I can't get all the dirt out from under my nails. I scrubbed and scrubbed, even with a brush. Might have to put dark polish on to cover it up!

Heading to O town to get a few things for my mom's party, then to Costco tonight before we get Kate from the airport to pick up everything else.

A friend of Kate's took her own life earlier this week. Kate will be able to attend the service while she is here. Megan also knew the girl, but not quite as well. Very sad.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#676 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:00:01 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well the rains and winds are coming. DH tacking down everything in the yard.

Hopefully the houses will stay (rail road )

Joy so sorry to hear that how aweful hope you get your nails cleaned!!

Hoping everyone has a good evening/day

Stay safe
NJsharon Offline
#677 Posted : Thursday, July 03, 2014 7:04:14 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, such very sad news. So sorry. :(
lv2scrap02 Offline
#678 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 7:47:10 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good morning girls,

Quiet here today don't know if we are going to get hit with the high winds. We have had the rain.

I got the catty's yesterday I was so excited. With Hannah playing with Abigail I was able to read the catty from cover to cover.

Started making my list I see they have really nice "Stamps of the Month"

Well have a friend stopping by for her catty better get ready

Have a great day/night
NJsharon Offline
#679 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 8:36:37 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

I put my CTMH order in already Nancy, on July 1st.... about $280 worth of product & that is still not everything I want!!! LOL Now I can't wait for it to get here!

Relaxing day here, not much going on. Not sure if we will get rain or winds or much of anything. They said possible rain today, but just looking very cloudy out, but does not look like rain right now.

Happy 4th everyone & have a great day!
Shelly Offline
#680 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 8:56:04 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

HAPPY 4th everyone!!! Hope you all have a fun day.

Nancy - How fun to see all the new things. Is your wish list getting expensive? Hope you don't get too much rain.

Sharon - I bet you would like to order the whole catalog! Hope you don't get too much rain either.

Joy - That's so sad! Hope your party goes well and everyone has a good time. Hope you took a picture of your banner.

Quiet day here. We usually do a family BBQ, but all my kids have other plans. Will be the first time we haven't done something and done fireworks. I LOVE fireworks. Going to see if I can talk DH into going to a firework display. Doubtful, but who knows.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#681 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 10:13:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
I put my CTMH order in already Nancy, on July 1st.... about $280 worth of product & that is still not everything I want!!! LOL Now I can't wait for it to get here!

Relaxing day here, not much going on. Not sure if we will get rain or winds or much of anything. They said possible rain today, but just looking very cloudy out, but does not look like rain right now.

Happy 4th everyone & have a great day!

OMG!! that is alot of prducts so far I am up to 175.00 need to spread it out..LOL

I love the Stamp Of The Month Stamps really nice

joyfullycrafting Offline
#682 Posted : Friday, July 04, 2014 3:44:04 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi all. Had a nice party. I did remember to take a pic of the banner. I will try and remember to post it when I download the pictures. My SIL said we should take a family picture, which we should have, but we forgot. I just remembered as I was typing.

The party was good, except that my mom had a little spell or tiny mini-stroke or something. She just kind of shuts down. We got her into the house and under a fan and she perked right back up. The last time this happened we made her go to the doc, and he did all kinds of tests and blood work, which showed absolutely nothing. She is 90 and stuff happen, I guess.

I hope to go to DH's brother's house to watch fireworks tonight. He lives on a cliff overlooking the Snake River, and has a perfect view for firework watching and NO crowd.
Shelly Offline
#683 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 7:11:17 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone.

Joy - So good your party went well and your banner turned out. Hope your mom is doing ok. Sounds like a beautiful place to watch fireworks.

Nancy - Hope you are staying dry!

Some of my kids ended up coming over for a BBQ, so didn't go to the fireworks. Just watched some from our house. One of our dogs ran away last night. Our grandson left a gate open just enough she got out. When we came in the house around 11 she was there and acting just fine. So sometime after that she got out. Was surprised because most of the fireworks were done by then. But if that gate is even the smallest bit opened, she always gets out. Hoping someone finds her soon and nothing worse happened to her. DH thought he had checked the gates last night because we were afraid of this. Don't know how he missed it.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#684 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 9:48:02 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Oh Joy... hope mom is doing better. Nice the party went well

Shelly.. hope your dog find his way home...

Well with all the rain the fireworks in the neighborhood still went on. Some really loud some really pretty.
Amazing with the rain it didn't stop the fireworks. All I had to do was look out my front window
to see them. 2 blocks over every year they put on a nice display

Busy morning eye doctor then return a pair of shoes I bought were too tight wind up buying 2 more pairs of shoes they had a 4th of July sale going on these shoes were 200.00!! yikes on Sale for 59.99 so pretty will go nice with a pair of black capri' s. Really needed shoes to go out in I have a Surprise Birthday party coming up so whether I am wearing black capri's or black pants these will really go nice.

So now I have 3 pairs because i bought one last week and now 2 this week plus I bought a good pair of sneakers I decided I am tired wearing white so these are turquios a little yellow. Love them

Well hoping everyone enjoys the weekend

joyfullycrafting Offline
#685 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 10:21:01 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Shelly, I hope you find your dog!!!! Poor thing is probably terrified.

Nancy, good job on the shoes!

My brother and his family just left. We really enjoyed having his granddaughter here. She has turned into a beautiful young lady. We have worried about her. She lives with her grandma cuz her mom is in and out of jail. I hope this girl continues to make good choices.

I am going to try and SVGcut box card this afternoon, but I will have to use DH's computer as he is taking my laptop to the drag races. I did remember to get the file off of my computer!!!

I was sound asleep last night when about midnight there was banging on my bedroom window. SCARED ME! I got up and peeked and it was Megan. She said "look out your front window." So we got up and looked. The fire department was across the street a few houses down. It turned out to be some shrubs on fire. Good flame! It is an empty house so I am sure the shrubry is dry. They were on the street, not close to the house. We all said "darn, why couldn't someone have aimed their firecracker this way." We have an AWFUL house (if you can call it that)next door that has been empty at least 10 years. The yard is just dry cheat grass. The best thing for it would be to burn. It is not worth anything, but the property is in a good location. Next door to us!
SandraB. Offline
#686 Posted : Saturday, July 05, 2014 8:53:55 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 275 time(s) in 234 post(s)
Hi everyone, I guess I haven't been on for a few days BigGrin! Not sure where the week went...I think having a day off on Tues. (Canada Day) messed the whole week up. We're slowly getting ready to leave on Mon. Besides packing I had two cards to make...one for my sis's birthday and one for her grandson's "meet & greet" next Sun., the day we come back. So I wanted to make sure it was all ready for when we got back. Mom took us all out for supper for my sis's birthday and for all we've been doing for her and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to give her her cardCursing! So I guess she will get it next week too...oh well, better late, then never.

Sharon: bought Troy another waterbottle to take with him and guess what I put on it toniteLOL. At our Canada Day festivities lots of people had t-shirts on with Canada on them, so I told dh I could make us some of those for next year. You're right...it is addictingBigGrin

Nancy: glad you didn't get too bad of weather

Shelly: good luck with getting your house ready. I was looking for bath mats too and it is really hard to find navy blue ones...finally found some, paid more than I would have liked to, but not much choice. I'm sure you could leave some of your craft stuff out. Did you find your little dog?

Joy: I just made one of those box cards from an svg cut and it was super easy. My sister's was an easel card I made from one of Melody Lanes videos, a rosette and the rest of the card were all made on the Explore. Glad you got the banner done, hope your mom had a nice birthday

The kids left early this morning for their vacation...sure hope they enjoy it. While we were shopping today with mom (we were at a kid's store) for a baby gift and his sister's birthday gift, all of a sudden I just got so overwhelmed looking at all the little boy stuff I had to leave the store. Thankfully, I had already paid for my stuff. Troy & I just went and sat outside while mom & my sis finished. I had bought his gift already at Wal-mart and had trouble figuring out what to get him so just bought a few things to be done with it. If it hits me like this, I can only imagine what the kids are going throughSad

So tomorrow we take Troy to the University in Edmonton in the a.m., then they have an official send off in the afternoon. He stays with the team and they are bussed to the airport Mon. morn., and we fly out in the afternoon.

Better run, take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin

NJsharon Offline
#687 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 4:15:14 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Sandra, good luck to Troy! Yay for vinyl huh? DH got some plain navy PJs (just short sleeve top & long bottoms), I told him they need vinyl. LOL

I've actually been playing with rhinestones now! Made a cute rhinestone top yesterday! You can cut the template material with the cricut (or my other machine that I use) & then fill with rhinestones, tape it, put it on the shirt & press it. Came out great! It was all one color, just clear rhinestones. So now I have to watch youtube videos on how to do more than one color rhinestone. LOL

Joy, glad the party went well, but hope your Mom is doing okay.

Today is our 13th Wedding Anniversary! So we are getting a sitter from 11am-2pm to go out for a nice lunch together! Think we are going to try a seafood restaurant in town, as we both love seafood.
Shelly Offline
#688 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 10:50:27 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - Happy Anniversary!

Sandra - Good luck to Troy and hope you have a fun get away. So sorry that the loss of that little guy is hitting you so hard. Probably will hit you now and then for a while out of the blue, but hopefully it will get easier. You sound like me, making sure you get something made for someone, or something, and then forget to give it, or take it to the event.

Nancy - Sounds like you got some nice shoes.

Joy - We keep worrying every year around this time if some fireworks will ignite our DD yard on fire. They moved in 4 years ago, and have only this year put in a small patch of grass. It is a huge yard and is full of that grass as well. DH thinks it would be a good thing if that happened, then they would move and hopefully get a better place. Not very nice of him.

Our dog was found about two blocks away. The guy saw her about midnight and took her into his yard till morning when he could find out who the owner was. So glad she was found. Last night we locked her in the house in the basement where they stay, and she kept getting past the gate in the basement and coming up. Really hates the noise. Our other dog is super skittish, but she just hides in a corner. She has never left our yard on her own. She's too chicken.

The realtor said I didn't need to pack away all my craft and sewing stuff, but it had to be very tidy when people came looking. I had it pretty well I thought, and even DH who is critical said it was ok, but I guess I need to do more. We went through closets this weekend and decluttered and painted some things. Need to do one more closet and then tackle my craft and sewing stuff. I think the house will go up for sale next week.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#689 Posted : Sunday, July 06, 2014 11:28:58 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra.. have a nice trip Go Troy... It is nice that your DD and sil got to go away and relax. Take their minds off of things.

Shelly... if you get a catalog called "Blairs" they have a nice variety of blue rugs for the bathroom also you can buy on line from them. So glad someone found your dog.

Last night the fireworks were so loud that my neighbor called me up and she said her house shook and she jumped out of bed. She thought it was a bomb!! sure sounded like that my whole kitchen lit up and there was no one on our street setting them off. At least the July 4th fireworks were pretty now these are just nasty.

Sharon .. Happy Anniversary

Beautiful day here today we talk a nice ride down to the harbor walked around on the docks watched the wealthy people get on their Hugh yachts and leave. I get sea sick just watching the boats it was very cool down near the water but nice to just walk around

Hoping everyone has a nice evening/day

Edited by user Sunday, July 06, 2014 1:38:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJsharon Offline
#690 Posted : Monday, July 07, 2014 6:24:18 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Thanks, we had a lovely anniversary lunch at Maggianos Italian restaurant. Had a deal where you bought one entrée & got another to take home. Had so much food to bring home. LOL The food was great though. Then shopped at Kohls with kohls cash & found 4 nice tops for myself.

This week is a crazy week with 2 sleepovers here (one tonight, one Friday night) & one sleepover (Tuesday night) at another child's house. Dr appointment wed for one of my girls too. Busy, busy!