Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rosanne1948 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 10:59:06 AM(UTC)
rosanne1948

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

My mother and I recently got the new Explore (we waited for the HSN special and lucked out) and we are very excited to start different projects.

The one thing we were wondering, though, was if there was a way to cut out patterns for clothing. My mother loves to sew and has been wanting to make me a few dresses, pants, etc, but she has a hard time cutting out the pattern (cause of the horrible paper they print them on) and then having to go back and cut the fabric from said pattern. We thought it would be awesome if we could somehow get the pattern into the machine to just cut the fabric from the get go.

Has anyone tried this? Is it even possible? It sure would save us some time, considering the pattern cutting is most tedious part of clothing construction.

Thanks,
Mack
nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 12:27:10 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 641 time(s) in 480 post(s)
Hi Mack. I don't think there is a way for cricut to cut out sewing patterns. Maybe someone could come up with a way but I don't know of one.
ddair Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, March 10, 2014 5:49:01 PM(UTC)
ddair

Was thanked: 575 time(s) in 441 post(s)
I think there may be a way to cut out sewing patterns. I know the Explore will handle a variety of materials and when I sewed, I used to cut patterns out of pellon.

I'm sure there is more then one way to create patterns. You may be able to scan in portions and save and convert to an SVG. I'm sure others will be able to give you additional ideas.

I do not have the Explore yet as it just shipped. 😄

Good luck,
Diania