Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sherry22154 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:09:07 AM(UTC)
sherry22154

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I love my explore but I have found a few things I hate about design space.
1. You can't make basic shapes on your own. I miss that feature that the other cutter I have has.
2. When you import a design I wish it would show the size. I know the canvas does but when I bring an image in it doesn't show there as the other machine I have does. I realize there are measurements along the side and top but I really like to be able to see it when I highlight my image.
So far this is all I found that I am not crazy about and I can work around but I do find it annoying
 1 user thanked sherry22154 for this useful post.
lovethatbug1733 on 3/11/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 7:34:32 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 540 post(s)
I love the Explore too but please PC keep working on Design Space....there is much room for improvement.

I, first and foremost, would like welding and attaching to become a MUCH simpler step.

The virtual mat leaves a lot to be desired as to what you can and can not do on it. I would like it to have a cut/paste so I can control how many items go on to my mat and where they should be placed. Please don't restrict that and waste my paper. I know there are ways around everything but please make it a simple step.

But PC you aced it on the machine itself!
Cricutgirlg Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:25:15 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 428 time(s) in 305 post(s)
The machine is great! I'm hoping an update comes out for the software soon. I uploaded a Vector image and it was so easy. I still can't upload a basic image but I know it's being worked on. Th Vector feature was so easy.
melodylanedesigns Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:50:34 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1949 time(s) in 961 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sherry22154 Go to Quoted Post
I love my explore but I have found a few things I hate about design space.
1. You can't make basic shapes on your own. I miss that feature that the other cutter I have has.
2. When you import a design I wish it would show the size. I know the canvas does but when I bring an image in it doesn't show there as the other machine I have does. I realize there are measurements along the side and top but I really like to be able to see it when I highlight my image.
So far this is all I found that I am not crazy about and I can work around but I do find it annoying

I use basic shapes, go to filter and click on the arrow next to the flourish and shapes, then choose the shape you want.

After you import a design, open the edit panel and it will show exact measurements. You can type in exactly what you want also. I really like that panel you can do a lot with it.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
sherry22154 on 3/11/2014(UTC)
TracyJacobsen Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:28:18 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
The machine is great! I'm hoping an update comes out for the software soon. I uploaded a Vector image and it was so easy. I still can't upload a basic image but I know it's being worked on. Th Vector feature was so easy.

Are you on a Mac using Safari? For me with that setup, uploading basic (.jpg, .png, etc.) does not work. Uploading vectors (.svg) does.

I switched to Chrome and all is well.
 1 user thanked TracyJacobsen for this useful post.
sherry22154 on 3/11/2014(UTC)