Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

*Meg* Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 1:39:16 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Hi,

I synced my G today and is says "digital content updated." However, when I try to link Box It Up, the G says I need to update my Gypsy. The only updates available are for the Imagine, and I always refuse (untick the boxes for) those. I've never had a problem refusing the Imagine updates, so I don't think it has anything to do with unticking those boxes. There are no boxes for any "regular" Gypsy updates, so there's nothing for the to tick/accept.

I went though the sync again and got the "digital content updated" message again. Tried linking again, but no joy.

I don't use CCR, so all I want to do is link this cart to my G. Any suggestions, please?

Version 1.4 (0232:0272)

Thanks!

ETA The most recent carts I successfully linked were Edge To Edge and Small Talk Frames & Tags.

Edited by user Friday, March 14, 2014 1:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

theproc0a14c052 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 3:12:41 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 106 post(s)
My guess is that with all the to do about the Explore, content updates for the Gypsy will be on the back burner for a while. You are right, it doesn't have anything to do with the Imagine content. It's my understanding that they do the updates on Thursdays but it is not an every week thing.
 1 user thanked theproc0a14c052 for this useful post.
*Meg* on 3/16/2014(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 14, 2014 4:42:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7870 time(s) in 3684 post(s)
I'm also waiting for Box it up to be added. They haven't done a gypsy content update for quite a while. There haven't been many carts released since the last update but I sure hope they do one soon.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
*Meg* on 3/16/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 5:47:27 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Thanks for the help. I'm glad it's something simple, though bummed that I have to wait for an update!

I'm going to cry when my Gypsy dies. It's the only way I use my carts now.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, March 17, 2014 7:12:50 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 117 time(s) in 106 post(s)
I hear you on that one, Meg. I really can't live without her! I went to a crop and they didn't have the store E updated and I had to use carts~Eeks!! I ruined ALOT of paper that day! LOL!Flapper
lynne.denkb4b25b4a Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 5:26:37 PM(UTC)
lynne.denkb4b25b4a

This is still an issue! UNACCEPTABLE. Angry
TammyPuckett Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 7:20:16 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
I get the feeling that PC is going to quit supporting everything but the Explore & Design Space! They don't seem to consider those of us who have purchased other machines that we would like to see it updated too!
Mommie&MeDesigns Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:17:13 AM(UTC)
Mommie&MeDesigns

Mad I am with you everyone. I use my Gypsy so much that I think I have forgotten how to use the carts in the machine.

Come On Provocraft. GIVE US THE UPDATES ON THE LATEST CARTS

New Explore owners are not necessarily the ones that have been filling your pockets with $$$$ for all these years.
DenverCdn Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 9:13:59 PM(UTC)
DenverCdn

I fully agree. I've now tried to update my gypsy 7 times - nothing. It says I need an update for Home for the Holidays - spring & summer cart too.

I am really starting to second guess this product and the company. I have a good amount of money invested, but I'm thinking that if it's this kind of customer support that can be expected going forward, maybe it's time to consider moving to a different product altogether. (i.e.: Silhouette?)

I completely understand the impact that a new product rollout has on a company. However, I have also worked for tech companies that also understand that in the midst of new products, continued excellence and support for CURRENT customers and CURRENT hardware needs to exist. When a company simply has their eyes on the prize to the exclusion and disregard for their existing customer base, those are companies that will fail. Your biggest allies are your customers. Not future, potential customers, but current active and loyal customers.

We will continue to champion your product & company, so long as it is a MUTUAL relationship and you continue to support your entire product line and your entire customer base.