Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jmorin82896137 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:06:32 AM(UTC)
jmorin82896137

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've tried everything.. it says it can't detect my serial number. i do what it says.. and i've shut off and restarted both my computer and explore.. HELP...
garagesaler Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 11:13:20 AM(UTC)
garagesaler

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2486 time(s) in 1989 post(s)
Try calling customer service. They were open to help people the last two weekends, maybe they are there now.
jmorin82896137 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 12:02:47 PM(UTC)
jmorin82896137

United States

I tried. can't reach anybody. i'm so frustrated i think I'll just box it back up. I've been at it since 9:00 this morning. only weekend i have off.. and this has to happen.. not happy with this at all.. they make it sound like its so easy. i did it all over again and again. my computer is new.. so i have space etc... just ticks me off..
Crafting grandma Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 12:54:06 PM(UTC)
Crafting grandma

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 75 post(s)
CS is open this weekend. This is from their facebook site. (Are you setting up your Cricut Explore this morning? Here is a great video for Mac users taking you step by step through the process. Additional support is available if needed through customer service. We are available today (Saturday) 8-4 MST and tomorrow (Sunday) 12-4 MST.)

Also, take a look at this post and another from Cricut Gena posted as a sticky at the top of the Chat Forum. Don't give up.

http://www.cricut.com/fo...H--WELD-AND-CONTOUR.aspx

Edited by user Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:00:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cricut Lisa Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:00:00 PM(UTC)
Cricut Lisa

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmorin82896137 Go to Quoted Post
I tried. can't reach anybody. i'm so frustrated i think I'll just box it back up. I've been at it since 9:00 this morning. only weekend i have off.. and this has to happen.. not happy with this at all.. they make it sound like its so easy. i did it all over again and again. my computer is new.. so i have space etc... just ticks me off..

We are open and would love to assist you. We will be here for 2 more hours. Call 1-877=727-4288. We have been taking calls all day so we know the number is working. If you can PM your phone number we will be happy to call you.

Thanks,
Cricut Lisa
CricutDani Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 12:54:00 PM(UTC)
CricutDani

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmorin82896137 Go to Quoted Post

Hello Jmorin,

Were you able to get your Explore machine setup? We are in the office until 4 PM MST today and would be happy to help you. You can call us at 1-877-7CRICUT or send me a private message with your contact information and someone can reach out to you.

-Cricut Dani
abrauckmff36745f Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:01:57 PM(UTC)
abrauckmff36745f

Sharing your frustration totally!!!😒
I have the same issue. CS tried to help me a week ago, they got the problem with the machine not being detected but yet haven't figured this problem out. I am going on my 2nd week of having a machine I can't use. I don't know what they intend to do about this, however, when you pay $300 for a machine it should work. I expect some reply by this week or the machine will go back. All my friends are on hold because they don't want to be out the $$ and have the same situation as I am having. I think I may seek a different brand because I waited so long for this launch and look where I still am. Disappointed that they launch a machine and think it's okay to keep us waiting while they fix the glitches 😠.
jmorin82896137 Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 4:53:23 AM(UTC)
jmorin82896137

United States

yep. had mine for two weeks now too. it isn't working with 3 computers in my house so it has to be the machine. I wrote to HSN to see if I can return and get another one, but I'm leaning more and more to just get my money back. I am just so frustrated. I don't get many days off and I spent a lot of time last weekend to get it going with no help. they said they were open, I called a lot on sunday, nobody ....so I give up. I'm dead in the water. I work everyday so I'm not home when they are open. they should have a 24hr help line. oh well... I don't know what to do from here...
I'm sorry I'm not alone on this issue. like you say, you spend that much money..and I work hard for my money... it should work... I have a brand new computer... and it should work with that...
kimkahler913b96b2 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 5:48:20 AM(UTC)
kimkahler913b96b2

Thanks to JMorin an dAbrandff for your comments!!! I see that I'm not alone. I have purchased the Explore on March 17 and I can't get my Mac to detect the explore. It states "can't detect Serial Number". I've turned it off and restarted. I work during the day, so I've spent the last 3 nights working on this. I see some turtorials about the USB ports, so I will try these. And I will attempt to Call Customer Service tonight but I can see below several others have tried that. I'm beyond upset. $300 and I can't use it. Unbelievable. I think the Cricut team should have spent more than 18-months designing it!
CricutGena Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:31:45 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello all, please contact customer service. This issue can be easily resolved through a representative. In the mean time, have you tried a different browser? Also, have you checked the minimum requirements to make sure that you meet them? Please run a speed test on your internet and PM me with the PING, upload speed and download speed. Please include the operating system of your computer. Also, please include your contact information, Phone number and email as well as you full name.

-Cricut Gena

Edited by user Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:32:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified