Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mrs.anniehogge5a6ec2bf Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 18, 2014 1:03:23 PM(UTC)
mrs.anniehogge5a6ec2bf

Groups: Registered

My Expression2 is cutting straight lines across all of my images. It's as if the blade isn't being raised up between cuts at all. Anyone have any ideas of how to resolve this issue? I'm attempting to download Cricut Sync but I can't seem to get that to work either. Any help would be excellent! :)
karenkf6674b13 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:29:43 PM(UTC)
karenkf6674b13

I purchased my first CE2 in Feb. and had the exact same issue with it cutting across the images. After calling customer support they determined that it was in fact defected and sent me a return label to return it and they would replace my machine. I should be receiving my new one soon. You may have to do the same Crying
mkgmt8e50919c Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 8:01:49 AM(UTC)
mkgmt8e50919c

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had the same problem and changed the blade setting from 5 to 4 and have had no more problems with this.
ARaeEv Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, March 28, 2014 8:26:03 AM(UTC)
ARaeEv

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: karenkf6674b13 Go to Quoted Post
I purchased my first CE2 in Feb. and had the exact same issue with it cutting across the images. After calling customer support they determined that it was in fact defected and sent me a return label to return it and they would replace my machine. I should be receiving my new one soon. You may have to do the same Crying

This is exactly what I had to do. Called CS and they had me disable the machine and they sent me a new one.
orletzkiy1dbd1e05 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 10:05:50 PM(UTC)
orletzkiy1dbd1e05

I just bought a cricut expression2(Sunday- set it up tonight ) and had the blade cut across my image as well.. how did you get customer service to agree that your cricut was defective? thanks
ARaeEv Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 7:42:07 AM(UTC)
ARaeEv

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: orletzkiy1dbd1e05 Go to Quoted Post
I just bought a cricut expression2(Sunday- set it up tonight ) and had the blade cut across my image as well.. how did you get customer service to agree that your cricut was defective? thanks

I called them and explained what the problem was. The first time they just sent me a new blade housing but that DID NOT work. I called again and the woman I talked to had me email her pictures of what my problem was and she determined then that I needed a new machine.
mrs.redbraid5874c6b2 Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:33:09 AM(UTC)
mrs.redbraid5874c6b2

I also had this problem, but they were not quick on the draw about it!! It took two months before I got my new machine. They also sent a new metal housing and blade, but that did not work. When I FINALLY got the new machine I was so happy. But, alas, it had the same issues. What I have determined is that the new cutting mats are far inferior to the old cutting mats. They are WAY too thin which makes them WAY too flexible. I have alleviated the issue on topic by holding up the end of the mat closest to you while the blade is going across AND coming back, which keeps the blade from scraping across the paper. There is no need to hold the mat during the entire cutting process though. I suggest you try to find an old style mat and purchase that. That is what I am aiming for this week.