Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

laurimichelle1017fb823 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 23, 2014 10:46:54 AM(UTC)
laurimichelle1017fb823

Groups: Registered

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH CRICUT SUPPORT...FIRST, VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. THE LADY I SPOKE WITH SAID THAT CRICUT IS AWARE OF THE FACT THAT THE SCORING STYLUS DOES NOT MAKE A DEEPER IMPRESSION AND THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO FIND A WAY TO FIX THIS, UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE TO USE A SCORING BOARD OF YOUR OWN IN ADDITION TO THE SCORING THAT THE MACHINE DOES. THEY SAID BECAUSE THE PEN SHARES THE SAME SPACE AS THE SCORING TOOL IT WOULD RUIN THE PEN IF IT WENT DEEPER. SO MUCH FOR MAKING THINGS EASY.

Hello! This is my first time on the forums and want to say thank you in advance for any help or guidance on this topic. I just got my new Cricut Explore machine and couldn't wait to try my first project. It required using the scoring tool, but when the machine finished and I removed the paper from the mat there was hardly any scoring done. Yes, the tool was placed all the way down in the carriage as it shows in the directions and I watched it go across the paper but when I took it off there was no way I could fold the paper without it getting all dented. I used Bazzil textured paper, do you have to use a thinner card stock if you are doing scoring?

I am grateful to anyone that can help.

Thank you!

Edited by user Tuesday, March 25, 2014 6:13:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

homecode323e9ef5 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, March 24, 2014 12:52:41 PM(UTC)
homecode323e9ef5

I just did a couple of projects today (just got my machine).. and found the same issue with the scoring tool not being very deep. I tried some lighter card stock and used one of my previous svg's with dotted score lines--which is exactly how the tool scored. It wasn't very deep and not very easy to fold over neatly.. so both a solid score line and dotted score line just aren't scoring as I would like.
laurimichelle1017fb823 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:55:12 AM(UTC)
laurimichelle1017fb823

Has anyone had success with the scoring stylus on the Explore machine? This is one of the biggest reasons I purchased this and now I can't do anything with it! Feeling frustrated....
homecode323e9ef5 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:08:53 PM(UTC)
homecode323e9ef5

No luck here-- I have tried all settings.. different paper etc. I think they need to adjust the actual tool -- it needs to be a little longer perhaps? Since the carriage also does the pen -- I can see they may not be able to adjust that too much-- so that leaves us with the tool as a hopeful fix????? Or some kind of adapter?????? I sure hope so, since that was one of the main reasons I bought it.
I will say it does cut great-- getting nice clean cuts on intricate SVG's.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 25, 2014 3:10:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:31:34 PM(UTC)
bethanyfrerichs5027d9ab

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Just used the scoring tool for the first time. It doesn't score very deep but the card folded perfectly. Love it!