Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

rtplotnick91630ee5 Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:52:35 PM(UTC)
rtplotnick91630ee5

Groups: Registered

I am so totally frustrated that I have to go to YouTube to learn how to do everything with this new machine!! It was supposed to be wireless and that is what they advertised before the release and it is not. Now I am supposed to spend endless hours watching YouTube videos to see how to use the Design space. WHAT???? I do a lot of projects and just do not have time to watch a bunch of videos!!! FRUSTRATED does not even begin to describe it!! Angry Angry
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:07:19 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18942 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Go to the FAQs for the Explore and look up what you want to know {click Support, FAQ and choose Explore}.

I think they were pretty clear that the bluetooth adapter wouldn't be available until later in the year. Huh
grandy12034cf7d588 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:29:08 PM(UTC)
grandy12034cf7d588

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My frustration level is a bit high as well. I had actually just learned to do a few things with my used Expression before getting my Explore. Everything is totally different and I find myself missing some of the features that are on the older machine. Seems everything takes a much longer time to perform and the learning curve is more than I had imagined...Mad
tracyloo Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:29:58 PM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: grandy12034cf7d588 Go to Quoted Post
My frustration level is a bit high as well. I had actually just learned to do a few things with my used Expression before getting my Explore. Everything is totally different and I find myself missing some of the features that are on the older machine. Seems everything takes a much longer time to perform and the learning curve is more than I had imagined...Mad

it's more than I had imagined as well. It's hard. But I really want this machine to work. I will give it a few more weeks of trying, and well if I can't figure it out, I will take it back. I really really don't want to. Give it some time, and also remember to back away when you are really overwhelmed.
zwannabee1dcbfe5c7 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 12:19:07 PM(UTC)
zwannabee1dcbfe5c7

I'm ready to send mine back too. It needs a hard copy manual. It's too difficult doing a Net search. ...and when you go to FAQ and type in a question, the answer is always... "we don't have all the answers." I'm wanted to make a particular Anna Griffin birthday card under the projects. When I tried it said it was not available for sale yet. My machine was suppose to come with the Anna Griffin stuff from HSN. I can see the images on the mats but they are not available? I have a subscription for three months but this whole machine and program is IMO user unfriendly. Come on Cricut. You can print booklets to go with cartridges in 100 million languages but you can't produce a hard copy for the Explore machine? If I don't get the problem solve in the next few days, this machine is going back! ...and I'm far from being a dummy about technology, computers, the old machines, etc!!!!!!
TammyPuckett Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 12:58:56 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 330 time(s) in 191 post(s)
So glad I didn't buy an Explore! I knew it was going to be a pain!
PriscillaPierse Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 7:05:19 PM(UTC)
PriscillaPierse

I just purchased my explore today and all I have been doing all day is watching you tube videos trying to figure out what I'm doing! I was making projects on day 1 when I purchased my silhouette! This machine needs instructions...
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:45:53 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18942 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Watch the Cricut videos. They have all the info you need and are professionally done.

Also, go to the Support tab, then choose FAQ and then choose Explore. There are lots of written instructions there as well as screenshots on both the Explore and Design Space.
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:03:48 AM(UTC)
zwannabee1dcbfe5c7

Originally Posted by: zwannabee1dcbfe5c7 Go to Quoted Post
I'm ready to send mine back too. It needs a hard copy manual. It's too difficult doing a Net search. ...and when you go to FAQ and type in a question, the answer is always... "we don't have all the answers." I'm wanted to make a particular Anna Griffin birthday card under the projects. When I tried it said it was not available for sale yet. My machine was suppose to come with the Anna Griffin stuff from HSN. I can see the images on the mats but they are not available? I have a subscription for three months but this whole machine and program is IMO user unfriendly. Come on Cricut. You can print booklets to go with cartridges in 100 million languages but you can't produce a hard copy for the Explore machine? If I don't get the problem solve in the next few days, this machine is going back! ...and I'm far from being a dummy about technology, computers, the old machines, etc!!!!!!

Well... I'm not sending it back. I'm actually embarrassed since it was my fault I was having such trouble. This name I'm using is from when I first joined when the first Cricut machine came out. When I set up my Explore, I used a different address but since I was getting messages to this name I made the mistake of thinking I set up under this name. Once Cricut Support found the problem, I had NO problem. I love my Explore now and have the Anna Griffin images and the three months of images free too. Sorry for jumping the gun and griping. Love
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 11:07:48 AM(UTC)
zwannabee1dcbfe5c7

Originally Posted by: zwannabee1dcbfe5c7 Go to Quoted Post

The problems I was experiencing were my fault. However I still think the Explore needs to come with a hard copy manual. There are many different ways in how different people learn. Often it involves more than one way. So I still think a hard copy manual is needed... the web site, you tube videos and the manual can all be use together. BTW, now that my problem was cleared up, I really like the Explore.
maroulette2792e1c595 Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:11:52 AM(UTC)
maroulette2792e1c595

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I'm sorry I don't know how to attach photos without them being downloads. I also don't know how to see the thanks but I do see one from barbi so you're welcome.
Cricuteer Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 6:51:11 AM(UTC)
Cricuteer

Was thanked: 152 time(s) in 31 post(s)
Quote:
I am so totally frustrated that I have to go to YouTube to learn how to do everything with this new machine!! It was supposed to be wireless and that is what they advertised before the release and it is not. Now I am supposed to spend endless hours watching YouTube videos to see how to use the Design space. WHAT???? I do a lot of projects and just do not have time to watch a bunch of videos!!! FRUSTRATED does not even begin to describe it!! Angry Angry

I used the make it now feature and that alone taught me so much... I have two Explores and I love them. It is different, but Design Space is so much better than Craft room, DS lays everything out in layers, so you don't have to, color images which give us a better way of looking at things. So many features that are great, that I do not worry about what they don't have. Since they have been listening to the complaints, they are working on upgrading. Give it a chance and realize that this machine and program are NOT anything like what we had before. Truthfully, I have forgotten how to use Craft Room now that I have Design Space. Just the writing features alone make it wonderful for me. Give it a chance... it may grow on you.
Maxluv Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 7:30:58 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 471 time(s) in 360 post(s)
Originally Posted by: maroulette2792e1c595 Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry I don't know how to attach photos without them being downloads. I also don't know how to see the thanks but I do see one from barbi so you're welcome.

Your pictures of to large that is why they are showing up as a picture on the page, and requiring download. If you resize them they will show up.BigGrin

1 user thanked Maxluv for this useful post.
maroulette2792e1c595 on 4/9/2014(UTC)