Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tracyloo Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:13:44 PM(UTC)
tracyloo

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 36 post(s)
So I finally caved in and bought the new Explore. Then came home to set it up... Ya, so my PC was too old and it didn't work... talk about devastation (this is the 2nd time this happened, as i did the same darn thing with the Imagine) You would think I would learn what system requirements were... Anyways, so after much deliberation, my hubby and i went out and bought a very inexpensive laptop that i can use for the Explore!! i'm going to be on a tight budget for the next year to play with all my new toys but i am super excited.
 2 users thanked tracyloo for this useful post.
go-go on 3/29/2014(UTC), ScrapyViv on 3/30/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:18:35 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Congrats on your Explore and new laptop! Please post what you create with it!
tracyloo Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:20:24 PM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Thanks!! I am focused on finishing a scrapbook I started for a girl friend for her new baby. The new software took a little bit of getting used to.
Jooniper Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:23:33 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I went looking for an Explore today, and both places were sold out. I hope to order one online.
tracyloo Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:14:47 PM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
I went looking for an Explore today, and both places were sold out. I hope to order one online.

You'll get one. It would have been better for my wallet if they were sold out. hehe
 1 user thanked tracyloo for this useful post.
Jooniper on 3/29/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:37:36 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

I've been wanting one since it was released. I just have a hard time justifying the $300 because I don't craft that much. But I keep telling hubby about it and he keeps telling me to get one. I'll get one eventually. BigGrin
AnnaGlanz Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:47:29 PM(UTC)
AnnaGlanz

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
After about 8 days on and off trying to get everything updated, and tears and anger and pouting, I have been given the ok to update my cricut (I have a personal cutter with the 6 x 12 mat) I'm excited!! Anyone have any wish they knew or ohohoh do this?? my laptop is pretty new, so I think I won't have any issues with system requirements. I am thinking go big or go home and thinking the explore will be what I go for...
Olivia'sNana Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:35:03 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 897 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AnnaGlanz Go to Quoted Post
After about 8 days on and off trying to get everything updated, and tears and anger and pouting, I have been given the ok to update my cricut (I have a personal cutter with the 6 x 12 mat) I'm excited!! Anyone have any wish they knew or ohohoh do this?? my laptop is pretty new, so I think I won't have any issues with system requirements. I am thinking go big or go home and thinking the explore will be what I go for...

No regrets here. The design space needs a lot of work but at least for me, the good things far out way the sw issues. What I like about the machine - the beautiful clean cuts, the dial material setting, the true writing feature, the dual blade/pen heads. What I like about the SW - the subscription, the complete layered/colored images, the ability to write on anything anywhere and align anyway you want.

There is nothing about the machine that I don't like but there is a long list of things about the SW that I don't like, some I think are bugs and some I think is just poor programming. But I truly feel that will improve with time like CCR did.

So I can live with the program problems as I am getting a little more comfortable with using it and finding work arounds (so used to ccr) because the positives far outway the the negatives for me. Oh - the ability to import your own designs, svg stuff is NOT why I wanted this machine so I have no opinion on that part of it. Maybe someday, I will venture into that side but for now, there are so many pc images in the subscription, that I don't need anything else.
MomtoaZoo Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 6:24:05 AM(UTC)
MomtoaZoo

United States

Was thanked: 4269 time(s) in 931 post(s)
Congrats on your new baby!!!! I just got mine and set it up as well- no cutting yet, but I have been watching lots of videos so I can create away!!!

I went and got another job just so I could buy this machine without feeling guilty!!!BigGrin My DH did not think I needed another one, but I told him he was incorrect about that. I needed this machine!!!
ScrapyViv Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 9:48:07 AM(UTC)
ScrapyViv

United States

Was thanked: 84 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Happy for you, enjoy. I ordered one at launch with delivery date 4/2. But had to call and cancel it due to unexpected expenses.

I'm sure all who have it will enjoy so cut, cut, cut.
tracyloo Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:14:25 AM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Originally Posted by: ScrapyViv Go to Quoted Post
Happy for you, enjoy. I ordered one at launch with delivery date 4/2. But had to call and cancel it due to unexpected expenses.

I'm sure all who have it will enjoy so cut, cut, cut.

i am so sorry that you had to cancel your order. i hope you are able to get one soon. BigGrin
tracyloo Offline
#12 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:15:32 AM(UTC)
tracyloo

United States

Originally Posted by: AnnaGlanz Go to Quoted Post

Just make sure you aren't running Windows XP. That's why mine wouldn't work when I first got it.
Lady Bug S Offline
#13 Posted : Sunday, March 30, 2014 3:04:13 PM(UTC)
Lady Bug S

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MomtoaZoo Go to Quoted Post
Congrats on your new baby!!!! I just got mine and set it up as well- no cutting yet, but I have been watching lots of videos so I can create away!!!

I went and got another job just so I could buy this machine without feeling guilty!!!BigGrin My DH did not think I needed another one, but I told him he was incorrect about that. I needed this machine!!!

So happy that you brought the X. Congratulation.