Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ChristiFillhard Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, March 31, 2014 9:10:39 AM(UTC)
ChristiFillhard

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I have a Yudu that I received last year for Christmas from my parents and then they got me the cardshop for my birthday. Since then I have collected lots of extra screens, inks and parts for it but have never used it. I tried making some screens when I first got it and had problems and it got put away and I have never gotten it back out again.
Now, I need to get it out and put it to use!!!
Two reasons, my friend that had a screen printing and vinyl business in town sold all her stuff to her sister down state so I no longer have a source for shirts when I need them so it is time to start doing my own.

Just wondering if anyone still uses theirs and what projects they are doing.

I would love it if ProvoCraft would revisit this little gem and put some new life back into it - as in more new screens, especially for the card shop.
maroulette2792e1c595 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 01, 2014 7:57:23 PM(UTC)
maroulette2792e1c595

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 51 post(s)
I bought the card shop when it was only 9 dollars. It came with one screen. I bought three more screens thinking it was from the card shop and it was for the big yudo so I have no use for them. Also I bought some transparencies that I thought were also for the card shop which weren't and I have no use for them either. I think I have 5 of those and never even used the card shop.
MegaMom9 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:26:17 AM(UTC)
MegaMom9

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Mad Well, if it worked I'd be using it. Tried to make some shirts for my husband's co-workers yesterday. After wasting three packages of emulsions ($20 each originally and now impossible to get) and having every single one wash right off the screen (not to mention the six hours of time) Provo Craft tells me "oh sorry they are expired- can't do anything for you". I am FURIOUS!!! There is NO expiration date on the emulsion packages- despite them telling me there is- couldn't tell me where to look on the package because IT DOESN'T EXIST! So- I stock up on emulsions when I here they are going out of business and now I have hundreds of dollars of TRASH!!! The supervisor "Jeanie" told me- it's a retailers problem because we didn't sell it to you so we didn't make any money on it- really?? So they just give the stores free product to sell? Basic economics here. So buyer beware- ProvoCraft apparently doesn't stand behind their products anymore. VERY disappointed and disgusted!!!
GingerJabour Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 4:11:15 PM(UTC)
GingerJabour

I've used mine fairly recently. I made a lot of t-shirts for my Cub Scout den to wear...very cute!...in the past.

I, too, stocked up on the emulsion and everything else when it went on clearance, and I decided the emulsion was too old when many attempts to make a new screen failed.

BUT I found the solution, yay! You can make screens with vinyl. I'd bought an Expression Starter kit from cricutmachine.com ages ago, so I dug it out and made some designs with it. I bought more vinyl in bulk when I realized how expensive it is to get a small amount from Cricut.

I made about 40 patrol t-shirts for our Boy Scout troop, of four different designs. Look it up on YouTube and you'll find several instructional videos.

The vinyl ones aren't as long-lasting as the emulsion ones, but what are you gonna do. It's also a little harder to do words, since you have to stick on the insides of letters with openings, like O, A, B, D, etc., and they tend to come off.

On the other hand, you can make a screen from start to finish in just a few minutes, something you could never do with the emulsion screens.

I also bought some of the CardShop machines (same website had a clearance, buy 1 for $5, get 4 free!), and bought some extra screens from Amazon. You can clean the emulsion right off with emulsion remover (get that in bulk, too) and a bunch of scrubbing. If your design is smaller than about 5x7, you can even use the CardShop for t-shirts...I did, and the Scouts loved them.

Other companies offer emulsion that you apply with a paddle, but they tell you right off it's a little tricky at first to get the right amount, so I haven't bothered with that.

Good luck.

Ginger
A. G.Lacy Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2014 12:46:56 PM(UTC)
A. G.Lacy

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I use my Yudu to create T-shirts. It has been loads of fun doing so. It takes a bit of time up front preparing the screen but I love designing them.
maroulette2792e1c595 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2014 8:39:42 PM(UTC)
maroulette2792e1c595

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Anyone know what I can do with the transparencies that I bought and thought it was for the card shop but it was for the big yudo? What can I use them for? Any ideas?