Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SandraB. Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:54:17 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 293 time(s) in 252 post(s)
I decided to give the subscription a try. I just have the E, so called Customer Service to see if it works with the E and CCR. She told me definitely it would and IT DOES! I just opened my CCR and all the carts were thereBigGrin! I even gave it a try cutting an image from a cart I didn't have...no problem at all!

Yeah Cricut!
 7 users thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
CocoasMom on 4/2/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 4/2/2014(UTC), DianeD on 4/2/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/2/2014(UTC), lv2scrap02 on 4/3/2014(UTC), Bugsy2 on 4/3/2014(UTC), Spookysnip on 4/4/2014(UTC)
tigger2000 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 7:59:03 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 54 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Sandra,
What subscription did you get??Blushing
SandraB. Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:07:15 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

it's on the "Shop" page at the top of the list. You can either get a monthly or yearly subscription. I just got the monthly one to try it, then will decide whether or not to get the yearly one.
DianeD Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 8:33:18 PM(UTC)
DianeD

Was thanked: 989 time(s) in 690 post(s)
That's great news for those without an Explore! thanks for sharing.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 02, 2014 9:08:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8275 time(s) in 4877 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DianeD Go to Quoted Post
That's great news for those without an Explore! thanks for sharing.

I'm wondering if they allow it if you don't buy an EXPLORE, though. I hope they do for you; but, I'm wondering.

If so, that's wonderful. Maybe the fact they had to go through CCR to get the FREE subscriptions for those who bought at LAUNCH allows EVERYONE to use those cartridges....at least for three months.

Let us know!

I need to go see if I can use CCR with all those cartridges.

There are some really neat images on all those 25,000 images; images I would never pay full price for to buy the whole cartridges!!

I need to get busy. How about everyone else?

Char
DianeD Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:12:35 AM(UTC)
DianeD

Char, I do have the Explore,but good point that you brought out if only Explore users are able to use the subscription in both programs. After reading this post again, it seems like it is possible.

Edited by user Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:13:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked DianeD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/3/2014(UTC)
PLZ do Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:23:54 AM(UTC)
PLZ do

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I didn't think the CCR recognized the Explore, confused even more.
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:29:36 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: PLZ do Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think the CCR recognized the Explore, confused even more.

Cricut Craftroom (CCR) doesn't recognize the EXPLORE, per se! PC is, however, allowing CCR users some perks to go along with our newest machine/software (CCR is the software we have been using with all other Cricuts before the newest one came along...CricutDesignSpace that is used with the newest machine....the EXPLORE). The two softwares do not work with each other.

Previously, we were able to LINK our owned cartridges to the GYPSY and to CCR. So, any cartridges that had already been linked to our accounts with cricut.com (via the GYPSY and CCR) before this new program came out allowed our new program (CricutDesignSpace) to AUTOMATICALLY show all cartridges we had previously linked to CCR show up in CricutDesignSpace. Not only those cartridges automatically show up, but any DIGITALS we have bought while using CCR also automatically show up in the new software program (which works in conjunction with cricut.com...our accounts).

Those users who have never bought digitals and/or have LINKED their cartridges in CCR will have to LINK their unlinked cartridges in the EXPLORE in order for it to work with the new software (CricutDesignSpace).

One of the PERKS coming to light right now is that PC is allowing the CCR users ALSO to use the 25,000 images if they pay the $9.99/mo fee to use them with the EXPLORE. One question I have is whether or not CCR users who do not own the EXPLORE and use the newest software (CricutDesignSpace) will be allowed to use the offer, too. I'm thinking we will have to own the EXPLORE to take advantage of this offer with the old software (CCR).

Again, CCR (that works with most Cricuts prior to the EXPLORE) and CricutDesignSpace (that up to now only works with the EXPLORE) are two separate softwares that do not work together.

I'm sure you are now even more confused. Sorry if that's the case. Maybe someone else can explain it easier and more clearly.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:36:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
PLZ do on 4/3/2014(UTC), Cuttingedge on 4/4/2014(UTC)
PLZ do Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:33:53 AM(UTC)
PLZ do

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I'm sure you are now even more confused. Sorry if that's the case. Maybe someone else can explain it easier and more clearly

No, that explained it very clearly to me! Thank you!
 2 users thanked PLZ do for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/3/2014(UTC), Cuttingedge on 4/4/2014(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:37:58 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1297 time(s) in 1008 post(s)
Thanks Sandra for sharing thisBigGrin
TammyPuckett Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 9:58:52 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 364 time(s) in 216 post(s)
I just spoke with Kip from customer service & this was opened up to everyone within the last week! YAY! I will be checking into this!
Bugsy2 Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:26:18 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 335 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
I just spoke with Kip from customer service & this was opened up to everyone within the last week! YAY! I will be checking into this!

Me too!!!!BigGrin

TammyPuckett Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:36:16 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Already done my subscription! Now to get home & get started!
Bugsy2 Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 10:44:04 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
Already done my subscription! Now to get home & get started!

Have fun!!!!
 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
TammyPuckett on 4/3/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I'm wondering if they allow it if you don't buy an EXPLORE, though. I hope they do for you; but, I'm wondering.

If so, that's wonderful. Maybe the fact they had to go through CCR to get the FREE subscriptions for those who bought at LAUNCH allows EVERYONE to use those cartridges....at least for three months.

Let us know!

I need to go see if I can use CCR with all those cartridges.

There are some really neat images on all those 25,000 images; images I would never pay full price for to buy the whole cartridges!!

I need to get busy. How about everyone else?

Char

From what I understand Sandra doesn't own the Explore. I believe that's what she is saying-That Cricut let her purchase the subscription for CCR & her E=Expression.

I do have the same carts in CCR as I do in DS, so am sure they are in yours too Char. They would both have all the same actually, that's is our acct. so they are combined. That's how I understand it anyway. :)
I need to get cutting more my sub will run out soon. IKES!

Janis

Janis

Edited by user Thursday, April 03, 2014 11:18:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/3/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 1:35:43 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
From what I understand Sandra doesn't own the Explore. I believe that's what she is saying-That Cricut let her purchase the subscription for CCR & her E=Expression.

I do have the same carts in CCR as I do in DS, so am sure they are in yours too Char. They would both have all the same actually, that's is our acct. so they are combined. That's how I understand it anyway. :)
I need to get cutting more my sub will run out soon. IKES!

Janis

Janis

I know....they have been in our accounts some weeks before the EXPLORE ever came along; but, we couldn't CUT with them in CCR. Well, maybe we could....we just didn't know it!!?? LOL.

I didn't catch that Sandra didn't have an Explore. READ MORE SLOWLY, CHAR!!!!!

I think it is really GREAT that PC is extending this same offer to those who are in CCR who don't own the EXPLORE (so they can cut on their machines)!

Char

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/3/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 03, 2014 8:43:04 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I know....they have been in our accounts some weeks before the EXPLORE ever came along; but, we couldn't CUT with them in CCR. Well, maybe we could....we just didn't know it!!?? LOL.

I didn't catch that Sandra didn't have an Explore. READ MORE SLOWLY, CHAR!!!!!

I think it is really GREAT that PC is extending this same offer to those who are in CCR who don't own the EXPLORE (so they can cut on their machines)!

Char

I didn't have all the carts. in CCR until I purchased the X & registered it. Unsure Just glad I have them now anyway.Wub

As I said earlier, I need to get cutting before my sub is gone.

Janis
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/4/2014(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 7:17:41 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Dumb question.. do you get every image on every cart listed or just selected images?
DianeD Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 7:29:58 AM(UTC)
DianeD

Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
Dumb question.. do you get every image on every cart listed or just selected images?

No, licensed cartridges are not included. Narelle has compiled a list of cartridges not included in the subscription on her blog: http://thenon-craftycrafter.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to her March 31st, post.

PS: Not a dumb question, I had no idea so many cartridges were not included.

Edited by user Friday, April 04, 2014 7:31:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bugsy2 Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 8:02:39 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: DianeD Go to Quoted Post
No, licensed cartridges are not included. Narelle has compiled a list of cartridges not included in the subscription on her blog: http://thenon-craftycrafter.blogspot.com/ Scroll down to her March 31st, post.

PS: Not a dumb question, I had no idea so many cartridges were not included.

I know that the licensed cart aren't included.. and the retired carts and Circle carts... but I was wondering if the carts that are included subscription are full sized carts... and not just select images from each cartridge.

1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
PLZ do on 4/4/2014(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 11:44:08 AM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

I got the subscription and it works fine with my Expression and the CCR...I don't have the Explore (though I wish I could get one). I just purchased it for a month to check it out. The carts that are included seem to be full carts, not just select images. I personally think it's a great thing that Cricut did to open the images up for all of us to useBigGrin!

Hope this makes senseBigGrin
TammyPuckett Offline
#22 Posted : Friday, April 04, 2014 12:09:15 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

I don't have an Explore & signed up for the subscription & used it last night with my Expression. I think I am just going to go ahead & do it for a year! LOVE IT!
 1 user thanked TammyPuckett for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/4/2014(UTC)
bearcatnat Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 5:10:33 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 442 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Love Drool ThumpUp Woot Wink Oh, that is AWESOME news!! I actually borrowed a friend's Explore because she wanted me to to set up her account and register her machine for her, and I was REALLY impressed by how much content you get with the subscription. I don't own an Explore, but plan to get one. Still, it will be great to use a subscription plan with my Expression in the meantime.

I know a lot of people really adore their cartridges, and I too own quite a few. But if you think about it, what's a better deal: buying several cartridges in a year at $50 a pop, or paying $100-$120 a year to access everything?? Even if you get carts on sale, that's the cost of only 3-4 cartridges. I think it's a no brainer! For the cost of just 2 cartridges you can have everything (except licensed carts).

I'm wondering how the subscription plans will affect Cricut's future release of cartridges. I can honestly see them eventually phasing out cartridges entirely if enough of their customer base switches to the subscription.

Edited by user Monday, April 07, 2014 5:11:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JoyceG Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 10:40:12 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 939 time(s) in 610 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bearcatnat Go to Quoted Post

I know a lot of people really adore their cartridges, and I too own quite a few. But if you think about it, what's a better deal: buying several cartridges in a year at $50 a pop, or paying $100-$120 a year to access everything?? Even if you get carts on sale, that's the cost of only 3-4 cartridges. I think it's a no brainer! For the cost of just 2 cartridges you can have everything (except licensed carts).

I'm gonna talk this one out. A subscription is a good idea for those who don't already own a bunch of carts. I have 151 carts right now. Pretty much every one I want at this point from currently available carts.

I've never paid $50 for a cart. My average price I've paid is $15-20 per cart which is 5-6 for $100. So if I bought just 5 carts next year, then I spent $100 and I have those carts forever in my library. So it's not a good idea for me financially to buy the subscription at the yearly rate. It's a no brainer in my case. BigGrin

Now I have some friends who only have 5-10 carts. Heck yeah the subscription is an awesome deal for them! So it just all depends on each individual current cartridge library situation.

Oh and IF cricut ever closes their doors and stops the whole digital stuff with the explore and stuff in the clouds...I'm still gonna have my physical cartridges to use with my 2 expression machines. **Not that I think cricut will be closing any time soon...but I'm playing it safe for my investment.

I love my expressions and CCR and I love my Explore and CDS and I like owning the physical carts.

Joyce Love