Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SusanLanger Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:34:19 PM(UTC)
SusanLanger

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I will likely get kicked off the boards for this, but I need to share.

Provocraft's customer service STINKS.

A year ago I cashed in my points (or tried too) for a cartridge--We had just moved so the site told me that my credit card didn't work BUT Provocraft charged it BUT they wouldn't send me the cartridge--it took THREE WEEKS, and COUNTLESS emails to get rectified, which was only done so AFTER I threatened to sue them.

A year later I buy a cartridge and the site won't take the code--I go to the "no certificate" option and it tells me the serial # is invalid. I email the company they tell me to clear my cookies, and that they will "audit" the system to see if the code is good--which it is they tell me BUT due to security issues they can't give me the 90 points. NINETY POINTS FOLKS not NINE THOUSAND BUT NINETY.

I have since sent two additional emails of complaint and they fave failed to be responded too.

I'm seriously contemplating buying a Silhouette because I am that aggravated. We spend $80+ on cartridges to get 90 points--which are really useless until you have at least 400 for cartridge--so you're talking $320 to get a $40 cart, or 600 points for an $80 cartridge of which you have already spent $480 for those points. There has to be a better way--either a different product line or better customer service.

Kick me off now Provocraft if you wish, but people need to be made aware that you are of very little help when a problem arises!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 3:50:27 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7858 time(s) in 3675 post(s)
Sorry you've had trouble.

I've only had good dealings with PC customer service.
~tallulah~ Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:20:00 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i've only had good customer service as well. i don't buy carts just to get points. i buy only the carts i want after going back and forth with myself about the purchase. the points associated with them are just a bonus.
luvmyE&G Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 5:41:04 PM(UTC)
luvmyE&G

United States

Was thanked: 1356 time(s) in 700 post(s)
I had the same problem with two different carts and I emailed them the serial number where I bought the carts and when. They fixed both of them and I was able to use my points. I think the rewards are wonderful and I love getting a new cart for free! Every point/rewards system I am in is favored towards the company. That's how they make money. If the rewards out weighed the sales then they would go out of business. I would call PC customer service and try again. I have had nothing but great responses from them every time- They are great!!!
SusanLanger Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:24:08 PM(UTC)
SusanLanger

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm not complaining that they need to make money--they are a business, I understand this. However I have had only two dealings with their customer service and both times I have been treated poorly.

I sided with PC when people complained about their initial problems when the Gypsy came out--WHY? Because I wasn't having a problem with them. I however have a feeling that there are more people out there who haven't been treated well and it needs to be addressed.

I love the cartridge I got--LOVE IT. However when a company offers a good or service they need to stand behind it--be it an "extra" such as reward points or the functions promised on a new machine. When a company fails to do that with just one customer they have failed--is the customer/consumer always right--heck now. However when you're ignored and told "clear your cache" then ignored it does tend to leave a poor taste in ones mouth...
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 5:11:30 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18987 time(s) in 8485 post(s)
Sorry you've had problems.

Have you been emailing the rewards people, or the general customer service people? Both of them will try to help you, but the rewards people are the ones that can fix your problem.

Also, I would recommend calling PC. When you are on the phone with the CS person, you can try what they suggest (like clearing your cookies/cache which does cause problems sometimes) and if it doesn't work, they can go from there. There are common errors that will cause a number to be rejected. Some of them as simple as making sure you have entered the digit zero and not the letter "O".

Hope you get your issue resolved and get those 90 points added to your account.
♥Lynnette♥ Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, October 04, 2010 7:59:05 AM(UTC)
♥Lynnette♥

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Sorry to hear you had such a hard time. I have only had to call them once for my CDS and I was quite pleased.
leelee Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 4:06:42 PM(UTC)
leelee

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have had good luck with customer service - I also could not get points for a cart but after a couple of emails, they were finally credited to me! As well, they have helped me with Design Studio issues. I would recommend calling them on the phone as was suggested previously - one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole bushel!! good luck to you...