Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

aemarkowski01c31086e9 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:15:14 PM(UTC)
aemarkowski01c31086e9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
So after 3 frustrating hours of trying to update my firmware, I FINALLY had success through design studio. Well, I opened Craftroom and it said my firmware needed updated through there. So I continued and attempted the update. It got all the way through to the part three and FAILED! and now my machine is stuck in update mode.

I'm so frustrated with this company. I've invested so much money and have had nothing put crap.

Someone please help!
 1 user thanked aemarkowski01c31086e9 for this useful post.
DarleneDuncan on 7/19/2014(UTC)
stmpndarladdd340c5 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 4:52:54 PM(UTC)
stmpndarladdd340c5

I have a Cricut Expression, about 5 years old I think. It has always worked perfectly and I've been more than happy with it. I have done several Firmware updates over the years. Today, I got a prompt to run a firmware update. I started it and got to the third phase when you have to hold the stop button and power, and all of a sudden my machine started cycling on/off/on/off/on/off and it won't stop. I can turn the power off, but when I turn it on it cycles on/off/on/off and the blade housing jumps up and down. So I can't turn the machine on to re-try the update. I can't do anything.
I called customer service, she asked me to describe the problem. That wasn't enough, she asked me to send a video of the what the machine was doing. 5 hours later I called again because I never got a response. Was told they would contact me within the hour. That was 3 hours ago.
Anyone else ever have this problem?
Thanks for any advice. OH, I also tried the reset button, but since I can't keep my machine powered on, that does not work.
Thanks.
Darla
dragonflycakes37ba3fb85 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 01, 2014 6:55:19 PM(UTC)
dragonflycakes37ba3fb85

I was prompted to update firmware so I did took about 20 min. started making cuts, it started cutting off the mat. I stopped it, had to pull the mat out as it would not unload. Shut it off and turned it back on, was prompted to update firmware again, ment to click skip and clicked for it to run. It has been stuck on the first part of the update for 3 hours. What do I do?????? If I unplug the machine or close out of the craft room with it render my machine useless??? Help please.[blinkCursing
golfingrams Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 08, 2014 10:36:30 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 291 post(s)
My mini did this, this week. Supposed to call me and fix today, no call. I got out my Expression to use in CCR but it keeps telling me there no usable device. Do I have to do something to make it usuable???, at least I don't have to have CCR but I like seeing my layout. Can someone help please. It's been a very frustrating day and week trying to get things done. Thank you
golfingrams Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, May 09, 2014 2:56:05 PM(UTC)
golfingrams

Was thanked: 331 time(s) in 291 post(s)
They have never called me, thanks Cricut.
joswas12310783e7f8 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, May 16, 2014 10:26:41 AM(UTC)
joswas12310783e7f8

Have any of you gotten your problems fixed?

Do you have to do the firmware update?