Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:31:26 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1336 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
This is strange, I tried ordering a few items here at cricut.com & my cc was denied! Now honestly, this has never in my life happened LOL.

I pay my cc bill off every month if I owe anything, so this is odd.

I guess they don't want my business, how sad.

Now I'm upset that I even put my cc info into this site, darn it.....

Janis

Edited by user Monday, April 07, 2014 10:21:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Barbi Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:40:22 PM(UTC)
Barbi

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 57 post(s)
I would contact your cc company to ensure that there hasn't been any charges that would have caused the denial, you never know, nowadays, in these kind of items I would always double check....better to be safe than sorry...
JanisD Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:49:11 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: Barbi Go to Quoted Post
I would contact your cc company to ensure that there hasn't been any charges that would have caused the denial, you never know, nowadays, in these kind of items I would always double check....better to be safe than sorry...

Thanks,
I took your advice & called my cc company & everything is a ok on my card, so it's on cricut.com's end she said. Soooo, wow, just wow. ?????

Janis
ditskid Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:51:57 PM(UTC)
ditskid

United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
My credit card was declined over the weekend on cricut.com and has been before...
There has never been a reason on my end for the decline and my account has never been charged.
With that said, I called cs today. The rep was very nice. She said she could see my order attempt and the decline, but did not know why...
She put a credit on my account because the promo code could not be used again.
It was extra work, but it was worth it. I bought 5 carts and 2 of the original tool sets for about $71.
BigGrin
 2 users thanked ditskid for this useful post.
Ladybug on 4/7/2014(UTC), JanisD on 4/7/2014(UTC)
Barbi Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:52:24 PM(UTC)
Barbi

United States

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 57 post(s)
well the good news is that your cc is still safe, bad news is that Cricut has some kind of issue with cc and when there are enough people talking about it, maybe they will fix it...
bummer as well...
 1 user thanked Barbi for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/7/2014(UTC)
Ladybug Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:55:47 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 3065 time(s) in 1768 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ditskid Go to Quoted Post
My credit card was declined over the weekend on cricut.com and has been before...
There has never been a reason on my end for the decline and my account has never been charged.
With that said, I called cs today. The rep was very nice. She said she could see my order attempt and the decline, but did not know why...
She put a credit on my account because the promo code could not be used again.
It was extra work, but it was worth it. I bought 5 carts and 2 of the original tool sets for about $71.
BigGrin

The exact same thing happened to me, too. Even down to the promo code not being able to be used.

Strange, eh? Huh Glad that PC worked it out for you, as they did for me, too! Smile

JanisD Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 8:58:43 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Well I didn't even know there was a promo code. Or is that done/expired now?

Thanks, Janis
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
Ladybug on 4/8/2014(UTC)
ditskid Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:05:07 PM(UTC)
ditskid

United States

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 123 post(s)
It was spring30.
30% off carts and maybe images... I can't remember.
[ I know I received the 30%, the circle 10% and free shipping! :) ]
The lady helped me with the credit today and stayed on the phone while I placed my order online.
Her name was Amanda, I believe. Very nice and pAtient!
 1 user thanked ditskid for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/7/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:19:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8313 time(s) in 4909 post(s)
JD - We are like you; we pay off our credit card every month. I also got denied here one time. It was a simple matter of me typing in our address using the wording in our address as "1st" instead of "First"! I had to type it in exactly like we used it in our CC information.

I also noticed I couldn't complete the shopping page; it wanted me to get out and start all over again and not make any mistakes.

Hope you figured out your problem.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/7/2014(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:32:52 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
JD - We are like you; we pay off our credit card every month. I also got denied here one time. It was a simple matter of me typing in our address using the wording in our address as "1st" instead of "First"! I had to type it in exactly like we used it in our CC information.

I also noticed I couldn't complete the shopping page; it wanted me to get out and start all over again and not make any mistakes.

Hope you figured out your problem.

Char

Thanks Char but no, I cannot get the order to go through. This is bad business, really. It seems it's happened to many of us here & just think of the orders cricut.com has lost because of this issue.
Makes me upset enough to go order from walmart.com. They have what I need & I know they won't deny my CC. kwim?

Thanks, Janis
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:40:29 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Several times when I've ordered from cricut.com, my state has defaulted to Alabama. I live in Georgia. Once I didn't catch that when checking the mailing/billing info and my card was declined. I reordered and made sure the state matched and the order/charge went through.
JanisD Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, April 07, 2014 9:43:26 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Several times when I've ordered from cricut.com, my state has defaulted to Alabama. I live in Georgia. Once I didn't catch that when checking the mailing/billing info and my card was declined. I reordered and made sure the state matched and the order/charge went through.

No, seriously, I checked everything & all was correct. I can't figure this out. So, I either wait until tomorrow & call PC or go to the other site & order tonight. Decisions???

Thanks, Janis

I believe it might be my computer security stopping the cc info from going through. I saw a triangle up on the tool bar where the url is & when I clicked on it it says something to the effect that this site is encrypted etc. etc. but others can see the info etc. anyway I couldn't copy & paste it. Maybe I can take a screen shot...I'll try.

I wonder if this is why I can't make my order??? Obviously this is the trouble. There's suppose to be a lock to the left of the url {for a site to be secure}. It has a triangle right over the lock icon. When the icon is clicked you can read & see what it says. This is how it reads on my computer anyway.

alert icon yellow https The site uses SSL, but Google Chrome has detected insecure content on the page. Be careful if you're entering sensitive information on this page. Insecure content can provide a loophole for someone to change the look of the page.

Janis

Edited by user Tuesday, April 08, 2014 10:30:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ladybug Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 8:23:35 AM(UTC)
Ladybug

Canada

Was thanked: 3065 time(s) in 1768 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Well I didn't even know there was a promo code. Or is that done/expired now?

Thanks, Janis

The promo code I was referring to, was the one for purchasing the Cricut Explore. Smile

CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 12:04:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

No, seriously, I checked everything & all was correct. I can't figure this out. So, I either wait until tomorrow & call PC or go to the other site & order tonight. Decisions???

Thanks, Janis

I believe it might be my computer security stopping the cc info from going through. I saw a triangle up on the tool bar where the url is & when I clicked on it it says something to the effect that this site is encrypted etc. etc. but others can see the info etc. anyway I couldn't copy & paste it. Maybe I can take a screen shot...I'll try.

I wonder if this is why I can't make my order??? Obviously this is the trouble. There's suppose to be a lock to the left of the url {for a site to be secure}. It has a triangle right over the lock icon. When the icon is clicked you can read & see what it says. This is how it reads on my computer anyway.

alert icon yellow https The site uses SSL, but Google Chrome has detected insecure content on the page. Be careful if you're entering sensitive information on this page. Insecure content can provide a loophole for someone to change the look of the page.

Janis

Did you see the https ("s" being the security when we're entering sensitive data) in the URL, Janis? Did you at least see that? I'm wondering if you needed to be able to SEE ALL SECURE CONTENT (you know how that will pop up every now and again, that the system knows there is bad content on the page and is giving you an option whether or not you want to see insecure content?)?

Char

JanisD Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:15:19 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Did you see the https ("s" being the security when we're entering sensitive data) in the URL, Janis? Did you at least see that? I'm wondering if you needed to be able to SEE ALL SECURE CONTENT (you know how that will pop up every now and again, that the system knows there is bad content on the page and is giving you an option whether or not you want to see insecure content?)?

Char

No, Char that's not the {secure content} that I'm talking about.
When we are on a/any secure site {to order} there will be a lock {like a padlock} up to the far left of the url, this lets you know the site is secure.

When I am on a banking page the padlock will be to the left of the url for that site. Meaning you are safe/secure.

On cricut.com's shopping cart page there is a padlock BUT there is also a triangle over top of it & when you click on it it tells you others may see the info you put on that page. I've never seen this before & am very curious to why it's like this?

This is what it said when I clicked on the triangle that covered the padlock

Janis

Edited by user Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:18:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/8/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 08, 2014 2:32:33 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

No, Char that's not the {secure content} that I'm talking about.
When we are on a/any secure site {to order} there will be a lock {like a padlock} up to the far left of the url, this lets you know the site is secure.

When I am on a banking page the padlock will be to the left of the url for that site. Meaning you are safe/secure.

On cricut.com's shopping cart page there is a padlock BUT there is also a triangle over top of it & when you click on it it tells you others may see the info you put on that page. I've never seen this before & am very curious to why it's like this?

This is what it said when I clicked on the triangle that covered the padlock

Janis

That's very weird! Not sounding too secure, huh? Luckily, it didn't let you use your credit card!

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/8/2014(UTC)