Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rowan Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 09, 2014 8:20:33 PM(UTC)
Rowan

Groups: Registered

I have the Gypsy, Expression, E2 and now the Explore. In Craft room the grid lines correspond to the grid lines on the mats so it was possible to determine the size the images would be cut to. I could make one design and then copy it to fit the mat and cut multiple images. This does not seen possible in Design Space.
I have found that in Design Space I must make multiple cuts and keep adjusting until I get the size I want to use. Any suggestions or tips?
It seems as if I will need to use the Expression 2 for some cuts and use the Explore only when I want to make single images without layers combined from different cartridges.

I also have not been able to upload and cut any images on the Explore. I always receive a message indicating the format is not supported, I have tried converting images to .svg without success. For instance, trying to cut an image of Scooby Doo.

Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 10, 2014 3:44:55 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 449 post(s)
rowen, although the color contrast is horrible it does help some to turn on the grid lines. If you did not know you can do this, click on the little bitty square in the very upper left corner of the mat and that will turn on the grid lines. As long as you use the blank canvas opposed to on of the custom canvas types, the virtual mat matches the real mat when the grid is turned on.

I have been so used to cutting multiple color papers at the same time and being able to see where you are placing your images, this was frustrating for me at first. Still is because the color contrast is so poor but I am hoping they will improve that with this supposed update they are working on.

Once I turn on the grid, place my images on the mat, ungroup, spread layers where i want them to cut, place my papers on my mat accordingly and then select all and attach (everything will change to one color so you only have one virtual mat). The attaching will keep your images from moving so they will cut where you have placed them. I use the zoom in to get a closer look at where I have my images in relation to the grid to make sure i have the correctly placed.

You can see the size of you images in the edit tool box. Just click on the image, open the edit tool box and the height and width is there. Once you figure out the navigation in design space, the cutting layers is awesome. I don't think I will ever use my expression again.

I hope they get some of these kinks worked out in ds in the near future. Especially making the color contrast more eye appeasing.

As far as svg uploads, i'm clueless, never tried that yet.
 2 users thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Rowan on 4/10/2014(UTC), Etbit on 5/26/2014(UTC)