Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

crazy2scrap Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 12:31:08 PM(UTC)
crazy2scrap

Groups: Registered

I have synced my Gypsy with the Cricut Sync software. I have also synced and uplinked my Gypsy to my cricut.com account. All of my cartridges do show in Design Studio on cricut.com.

The Cricut Sync software displays that my Gypsy is current. When I look at the settings screen on my Gypsy it shows Version 1.4 (0232:0272). I am trying to sync the Everyday Fonts cartridge. I continue to receive the message I have to update my Gypsy before I can link this cartridge. Any suggestions???

Thanks!

- J -
NikkiTurnour Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 19, 2014 8:20:59 PM(UTC)
NikkiTurnour

I am getting the same thing? I have a few cartridges to load and keep getting the same message. Any help would be appreciated. I'm making an Easter banner and wanted to use some of my new cartridges.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 8:46:14 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 115 post(s)
That has been the current build (meaning PC has not updated content) for several months now. My guess is that Everyday Fonts has never been updated by PC. Unfortunately, because of the new machine, irregular or occasional updates look to be the new "normal" for we gypsy users. Ugh.Glare
TatrD Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 9:31:58 AM(UTC)
TatrD

Just spoke with Jessica at the Cricut customer service number today, May 12 about this exact issue with the Everyday Fonts cart. She said they haven't updated the content from 0272 yet but they should be "soon". She said they haven't been given an exact date as to when it will happen but she thinks it will be soon. She recommended I sign up for their newsletter which will tell me when the updates are available. :(
Coah'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2014 12:46:53 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 17157 time(s) in 4569 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TatrD Go to Quoted Post
Just spoke with Jessica at the Cricut customer service number today, May 12 about this exact issue with the Everyday Fonts cart. She said they haven't updated the content from 0272 yet but they should be "soon". She said they haven't been given an exact date as to when it will happen but she thinks it will be soon. She recommended I sign up for their newsletter which will tell me when the updates are available. :(

I've not known them to publish a newsletter since they stopped producing the CHIRP and I think that was fall of 2012. Additionally they have NEVER given a specific date that the update is available "just in case" they can't have it ready. I asked Customer support this same question month ago and the answer I got was also "soon". So SOON is relative I guess.

And whoever said the Gypsy updates are an afterthought now that the Explore has been released is probably correct. I suspect CCR won't get many updates either. JMHO

Edited by user Monday, May 12, 2014 12:47:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tina E Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:14:13 AM(UTC)
Tina E

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 438 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Here is is June 24 and still not updated to receive Everyday Fonts or Home for the Holidays - Spring & Summer.

Come on Cricut, I use my Gypsy for EVERYTHING, I would really like to have these cartridges available to me when crafting and not have to interrupt my process by putting in the cartridge.
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 6:22:00 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I believe the current philosophy is "If you're not an Explore user, please go to the back of the line" . . . . . . .Mad

It gets a little old. On the upside, I feel much empathy with Imagine users!!Flapper
anakarina11204c1a0969 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, July 21, 2014 11:46:27 AM(UTC)
anakarina11204c1a0969

Well today is July 21 and still nothing. We just past the Hello Thursday for this month and no news. I spoke to Jessica and I asked to speak to someone else but NOBODY knows anything, they are just working on it.... 4 months later it is not acceptable that I am not able to use the cartridge and is so upsetting.
She mentioned that they just release the instructions for the explorer machine... so what? I don't own one and I only want to use the cartridge that I purchased from YOU with my gypsy.
So not explorer user go back to the line for next month agggrrrrrAngry
birkstu5605130788 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, July 31, 2014 6:01:11 PM(UTC)
birkstu5605130788

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
It would be nice to get someone from Cricut to respond when the next Gypsy update will happen. There are getting to be a lot of cartridges that aren't on it.