Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cactipuddin Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 1:18:33 AM(UTC)
cactipuddin

Groups: Registered

Whenever I want to cut a single image on my Cricut Explore, it always moves it to the top left of the mat, even though I am placing it elsewhere when I am in design space. The only way I can get to cut elsewhere is to move it when I'm in the final cut screen and it's hard to see. Does anyone know what I mean? I've tried to "attach" it to the mat so it cuts where I've put it, but it won't work.
FlowerPower Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 6:08:00 AM(UTC)
FlowerPower

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi cactipuddin, it doesn't matter where the image is situated on the "work" mat/pre cut mat. The image will lay on the mat after you hit "cut" the way the program wants it. If you want to control this, for example, if you want to cut out a design using the same color cardstock, click "sync" and drag the piece to the color you want it to be. Cricut has two videos on YouTube that might help with the sync tool and the mat preview window: Cricut Design Space: The Mat Preview Window and Cricut Design Space: The Color Sync Tool. I hope this helps.
Cricut Tamara :) Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 20, 2014 7:42:35 AM(UTC)
Cricut Tamara :)

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 172 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cactipuddin Go to Quoted Post
Whenever I want to cut a single image on my Cricut Explore, it always moves it to the top left of the mat, even though I am placing it elsewhere when I am in design space. The only way I can get to cut elsewhere is to move it when I'm in the final cut screen and it's hard to see. Does anyone know what I mean? I've tried to "attach" it to the mat so it cuts where I've put it, but it won't work.

Design Space will always start your cuts on the top left side of your mat. If you would like them to cut someplace else on your mat, you would move them on the mat preview screen. The attach button will only keep it in the exact spot when you have multiple images attached to each other. Happy Crafting BigGrin

Cricut Tamara