Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 3:57:41 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8090 time(s) in 4733 post(s)
I'm just curious.

I kept mine....but, I'm not real happy with CDSPACE! I thought on a number of occasions I would send the EXPLORE back because of those issues. BUT, I ended up keeping it.

Now, today I tried to use my BLACK Antiquity pen (the fine point) and it wouldn't write. It is dried up. (I think I told someone else all of mine worked....the rest of them have flowing ink).
I had tried it one other day and it didn't write on my project.....I just thought something was wrong that I didn't get it in correctly (but, getting it in correctly is not that hard to do). Today, I realized it IS dried up!

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 7:10:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 4:45:44 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 641 time(s) in 480 post(s)
I didn't send mine back either. I am not always happy with DS, but when it's working okay I am pretty happy with what I can do with it my explore. The writing feature, and being able to cut SVG's are my 2 favorite things about the explore. I use the writing feature on every card that I make now.

The only cricut pen I have is the silver one that came with it, so I can't comment on the cricut pens. However,I had a problem with one of my black American Crafts precision pens. I wrote with it one time with my explore, and the next time I went to use it, it was all dried up. Glare

1 user thanked nancyh for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/25/2014(UTC)
*Violette* Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 4:48:40 PM(UTC)
*Violette*

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 115 post(s)
I read somewhere that someone soaked the tip of her dried pens in some alcohol for a bit and then her pens worked again.
 1 user thanked *Violette* for this useful post.
St.Kittsscrapper Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 5:10:49 PM(UTC)
St.Kittsscrapper

Saint Kitts And Nevis

Was thanked: 1410 time(s) in 907 post(s)
I had a dry black cricut pen also. I cannot believe they are new and dried up
 1 user thanked St.Kittsscrapper for this useful post.
rhondah* Online
#5 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 5:29:26 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14917 time(s) in 8905 post(s)
Guess I better check my pens and see if they are all okay. I'm not liking DSpace as much as CCR but I'm hoping the more I use it, the more it will grow on me. Not sending my machine back. I love how it cuts.
 1 user thanked rhondah* for this useful post.
JanisD Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:02:06 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
I'm keeping my Explore, I love it & the more I use DS the more I like it. It needs so tweaking for sure but I do like it.

Also, anyone with dried up markers/pens why don't you call PC & let them know? I would....

Janis
 1 user thanked JanisD for this useful post.
CricketCMV Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:03:51 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: *Violette* Go to Quoted Post
I read somewhere that someone soaked the tip of her dried pens in some alcohol for a bit and then her pens worked again.

I will try this; can't lose if it works. BUT, I don't know how that could revive the ink. I also read several times that others used the alcohol, but I never heard anyone come back and say it worked.

Has anyone reading this tried it?

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:04:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: St.Kittsscrapper Go to Quoted Post
I had a dry black cricut pen also. I cannot believe they are new and dried up

It's a little crazy. I did try the circular motion to try to get it working....didn't have to do that with the other colors, though. They flowed freely from the first touch on paper.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 7:07:17 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
I'm keeping my Explore, I love it & the more I use DS the more I like it. It needs so tweaking for sure but I do like it.

Also, anyone with dried up markers/pens why don't you call PC & let them know? I would....

Janis

I will be calling them on Monday (will be gone all day tomorrow) and/or Sunday if they are open this weekend. Haven't seen anything to that effect.

JD....have you CUT any previous project you did before you did the update? AND/or, tried to go in to change anything on previous projects and tried to cut them? Sunday, I hope to try this, but I have a suspicion we have to REDO all our projects?

HAS ANYONE READING THIS THREAD CUT ANY OF YOUR PROJECTS YOU CREATED BEFORE THE UPDATE? Did they work the same as before?

FURTHERMORE, has anyone had ALL their Antiquity pens work? Has anyone had their BLACK one work?

Char

Edited by user Friday, April 25, 2014 7:09:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

jenny dennis Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:24:12 PM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Was thanked: 15875 time(s) in 3835 post(s)
Char I have not used my pens in the machine yet, but after reading this took the black one and it writes on paper fine.So far I am loving the Explore I am finding DS very easy I have never liked ccr. I love the way the ex. cuts the only issue I have had other than me not doing something right is I think there is supposed to be a light when it's cutting if so mine does not come on but that's ok I will be keeping it have been very happy so far.
 1 user thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:27:55 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19029 time(s) in 8504 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jenny_dennis Go to Quoted Post
Char I have not used my pens in the machine yet, but after reading this took the black one and it writes on paper fine.So far I am loving the Explore I am finding DS very easy I have never liked ccr. I love the way the ex. cuts the only issue I have had other than me not doing something right is I think there is supposed to be a light when it's cutting if so mine does not come on but that's ok I will be keeping it have been very happy so far.

The light isn't suppose to stay on. . .yet. It's for the "coming soon" print then cut feature! Woot
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
jenny dennis on 4/26/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/26/2014(UTC)
CindyRose14 Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:39:20 PM(UTC)
CindyRose14

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 74 post(s)
I've been very happy with mine! But my perspective may be a bit different than yours since I never used Cricut Craft Room. I went right from my Expression/Gypsy to the Explore, so I don't have CCR as a reference to compare.
Design Space may not do everything on my wish list, but I am still loving how it automatically separates the layers, the ability to cut SVG files, the ability to cut fonts from my computer, the ability to write on my projects, and the beautiful, precise cuts that it provides. I love having access to so many images, and I will be a subsciber once our current free 3-month subsciption expires.
I miss the portability of my Gypsy, and I sure wish that the Explore would give us an 8 1/2" x 11" option for paper size since I seem to use that size equally as often as 12" x 12". I would love to be able to turn off the beeping sound. It's totally not necessary and really gets annoying.
The only time that I ever considered returning my Explore was before I ever took it out of the box and was feeling guilty about the money that I spent on myself (even though I had my husband's full support!)
Once I took it out of the box, it was a done deal!
 2 users thanked CindyRose14 for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 4/26/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 4/26/2014(UTC)
Coesa Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, April 25, 2014 8:57:21 PM(UTC)
Coesa

United States

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 120 post(s)
I have used my black pen quite a bit and it works fine. I would definitely let PC know. And no way is my Explore going back! I am happy with it, just had a little problem with DS but its all good now.
 1 user thanked Coesa for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/26/2014(UTC)
Cricutgirlg Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:23:51 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 426 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I kept mine, but I'm having problems with the latest update and I haven't been able to use it. I called CS and they were supposed to have someone with MAC experience call me back, ( that was Wednesday), but I never got a call. I tried opening it today, but now I can't work in it at all. Frustrating since I put my other machine up for sale at a scrapbooking garage sale Thursday. I'm trying to remain positive, but it's hard. I'll try calling Monday. I went to Hawaii the beginning of April and I would love to cut my files that I created.
 1 user thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
sherry22154 Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:28:23 AM(UTC)
sherry22154

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I realize this will sound stupid but someone on another site mentioned it and it did work for me.OhMyGod It sounds gross but suck on the end of the pen .Laugh I tried it a couple of times and believe it or not it worked for all that didn't work except a la Plumm pen I had. And alcohol may work if its an alcohol based pen but if its a water based pen try wrapping a wet paper towel around the end.
 1 user thanked sherry22154 for this useful post.
jscraftylady Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:44:48 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
I had my box ready to repack the Explore at one point. My early experiences were terrible. I disliked Design Space and as it turns out, I got a machine with a damaged blade so my cuts weren't good. Given that I own nearly every Cricut cart every made, I had high hopes that the Explore would become my go-to machine but when Design Space was released, I knew that wasn't going to happen. Until I get offset and align tools and print and cut (at the very least), the Cameo will keep that honor.

That said, I kept it and I use it. For simple layouts and card designs, it is great. I love the sync feature and how simple it makes projects.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:28:26 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1847 time(s) in 876 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I had my box ready to repack the Explore at one point. My early experiences were terrible. I disliked Design Space and as it turns out, I got a machine with a damaged blade so my cuts weren't good. Given that I own nearly every Cricut cart every made, I had high hopes that the Explore would become my go-to machine but when Design Space was released, I knew that wasn't going to happen. Until I get offset and align tools and print and cut (at the very least), the Cameo will keep that honor.

That said, I kept it and I use it. For simple layouts and card designs, it is great. I love the sync feature and how simple it makes projects.

DeSpace has been a major disappointment for me also......... I didn't return my Explore only because i finally had a cricut machine that cut my cartridges the way the images should have been cut in 2007.........

DeSpace is just missing too many tools to be my go-to software...... it's unfortunate but I haven't seen PC add anything to DeSpace in the last 12 weeks to make me think that DeSpace will ever be the software the CEO said it was going to be for Designers in his keynote speech. I am very disappointed.......

The simplest things like alignment and offset take too many steps when it can be done so easily and precisely in other softwares with a mouse click........ I can't recommend the Explore to anyone as their go-to machine....... only to people with an extensive cartridge library........ the software is just too basic and buggy. The layers function is fantastic, it's too bad the rest of the software wasn't as well developed.

I don't know a Cricut user who hasn't bought a Cameo....... most of the people i teach in my classes at the LSS are well over their fear of computers and learning new software........ They want precise alignments and offsets at a minimum, even with simple designs........ Messing with X and Y coordinates to get precise alignment is too time consuming and unnecessary.

Edited by user Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:39:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:18:44 AM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 426 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Just tried calling hope against hope and they were closed. I just wish someone had called me back as promised. I bought some expensive die cuts yesterday at the EXPO andI would love to cut my creations and an see if it would be better to make my own and save money. Son and Hubby are on a fossil dig today and I have a long block of time to myself and I can't use my machine. :(

Edited by user Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:21:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Cricutgirlg for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:26:32 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 751 time(s) in 402 post(s)
I, too, almost sent mine back. The Explore itself is an excellent machine. It cuts well and the dual head is fantastic. I love the write and cut feature. That makes making a quick card very easy as you can "write" any image on the carts and not limited to only fonts. Additionally, Melody Lane showed us how to emboss with it, I'm thinking the FolkArt cart!!!!

The only plus to the software is the layer feature, but everything else just pretty much sucks. It is very frustrating to use.

Is it my go to machine? Only for cricut images. I'm trying to make my life easier, not harder.

It is really sad that the software is so bad, because PC really could be the leader of die cutting machines again if their software was, at least, equal to the most basic competitor software. The demographics they are aiming for will find the software lacking the most basic things and difficult to use because of all the workarounds you have to do.

This is just my opinion.
 1 user thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:56:34 AM(UTC)
Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com

United States

Was thanked: 12570 time(s) in 5048 post(s)
My Explore is working great and I really like Design Space. I never really used software for crafting before-- no Gypsy, almost no Design Studio, no CCR (except to link my Imagine carts when I heard that Cut Then Print will allow us to use those in the future) so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I never used MTC or SCAL (which I will admit I had regretted!!!!).

I don't care for the Cricut pens, but that has to do with the size of the nibs so I have found a bunch of other brands and types that I really do like (I have a list on my blog on my Explore Pen Options page).

I am in 5 or 6 Facebook groups on Facebook and I have heard of a few people sending back their Explores, but out of the thousands of folks on there, it seems like barely anyone. I think they got this one right-- but I have liked all of my machines... even my Imagine. BigGrin

2 users thanked Nadia withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/26/2014(UTC), ann.marie.9007249991e7 on 4/27/2014(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:21:09 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 535 post(s)
I had a few dry pens that I got from Tuesday morning. I also have a bottle of ink refresher that I got from Stampin Up a long time ago...I separated the pen from the bottom tip and put a drop of ink refresher in then stood it with pen side down overnight and next day it worked perfectly.
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
nancyh Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 10:36:23 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
I had a few dry pens that I got from Tuesday morning. I also have a bottle of ink refresher that I got from Stampin Up a long time ago...I separated the pen from the bottom tip and put a drop of ink refresher in then stood it with pen side down overnight and next day it worked perfectly.

Hmmm, do you know if SU still sells the ink refresher? The black pen I was talking about previously in this post was one of the black American crafts pens that I got from Tuesday Morning. Used it ONE TIME, and it's dried up. Glare
CricketCMV Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:27:13 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: Cricutgirlg Go to Quoted Post
I kept mine, but I'm having problems with the latest update and I haven't been able to use it. I called CS and they were supposed to have someone with MAC experience call me back, ( that was Wednesday), but I never got a call. I tried opening it today, but now I can't work in it at all. Frustrating since I put my other machine up for sale at a scrapbooking garage sale Thursday. I'm trying to remain positive, but it's hard. I'll try calling Monday. I went to Hawaii the beginning of April and I would love to cut my files that I created.

Cricutgirlg.....I don't know anything about MACS....but, did you think to shut everything down and UNPLUG everything (your machine from your computer, your computer....everything) and just start a reboot and plug your machine back in AFTER you reboot your computer and then try to get back in CDSPACE? Just a thought. I didn't mention the other stuff because I can imagine you have tried just about everything you could think of.

Sometimes turning stuff off and unplugging (even unplugging from the wall) can recalibrate things and gives everything a FRESH start.

Sorry you're having these problems; hope you get some resolve real soon.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:34:46 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
DeSpace has been a major disappointment for me also......... I didn't return my Explore only because i finally had a cricut machine that cut my cartridges the way the images should have been cut in 2007.........

DeSpace is just missing too many tools to be my go-to software...... it's unfortunate but I haven't seen PC add anything to DeSpace in the last 12 weeks to make me think that DeSpace will ever be the software the CEO said it was going to be for Designers in his keynote speech. I am very disappointed.......

The simplest things like alignment and offset take too many steps when it can be done so easily and precisely in other softwares with a mouse click........ I can't recommend the Explore to anyone as their go-to machine....... only to people with an extensive cartridge library........ the software is just too basic and buggy. The layers function is fantastic, it's too bad the rest of the software wasn't as well developed.

I don't know a Cricut user who hasn't bought a Cameo....... most of the people i teach in my classes at the LSS are well over their fear of computers and learning new software........ They want precise alignments and offsets at a minimum, even with simple designs........ Messing with X and Y coordinates to get precise alignment is too time consuming and unnecessary.

I think I know what you're talking about when you all mention the OFFSETS and ALIGNMENTS....because I have been having the same problems. You can't use the turning tool to do anything and then try to get the image back where you had it because there is nowhere to STOP anything. It seems there should be "notches/grooves" at the even points for you to be able to STOP where you want to line your images up where they were before. Just today I was trying to redo my Card in a Box file (that is totally corrupted from when we got the update). I had to turn the SCORE tool on its side. It was going all over the place and wouldn't stop. It was almost embarrassing that I couldn't get it to cooperate. I was really frustrated. It took me forever to get things where they needed to be. AND, I don't even know if they are there yet (haven't tried to cut, as yet). It took me forever to do what it should have taken me only ten or fifteen minutes to do on that box.

Char
jscraftylady Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:43:02 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I think I know what you're talking about when you all mention the OFFSETS and ALIGNMENTS....because I have been having the same problems. You can't use the turning tool to do anything and then try to get the image back where you had it because there is nowhere to STOP anything. It seems there should be "notches/grooves" at the even points for you to be able to STOP where you want to line your images up where they were before. Just today I was trying to redo my Card in a Box file (that is totally corrupted from when we got the update). I had to turn the SCORE tool on its side. It was going all over the place and wouldn't stop. It was almost embarrassing that I couldn't get it to cooperate. I was really frustrated. It took me forever to get things where they needed to be. AND, I don't even know if they are there yet (haven't tried to cut, as yet). It took me forever to do what it should have taken me only ten or fifteen minutes to do on that box.

Char

Alignment tools are very helpful. Here's what the tool looks like in my other software. Imagine how easy it would make things if you could just grab images or letters and align them all in the center or by their bottoms with one click. Right now, you have type in an X or Y value for every single image or letter you are trying to align.

I can grab 7 images and change their height all at once but I don't understand why I can't adjust their position all at once.ThumbDown
jscraftylady attached the following image(s):
alignment.JPG
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 4/27/2014(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:51:33 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
no way is mine going back. It is worth every penny I paid for it even though DS is not perfect and would rather be off the internet (well even that may not be such a bad thing after all). DS even works on my desktop xp computer. It is my break from report writing (one of the advantages of being you own boss). I can just switch over to ds and design when I need a break from work and then go to my craftroom with my laptop/Win7 and start cutting. Because of the layering feature, it is so much faster than ccr to design in. And the dual head writing feature - fantastic!

I am just a hobby crafter and guess I am not too hard to please. I have no need for every machine on the market so I only have my expression/ccr to compare to. Wouldn't think of returning it.
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/27/2014(UTC)
nancyh Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:08:05 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Alignment tools are very helpful. Here's what the tool looks like in my other software. Imagine how easy it would make things if you could just grab images or letters and align them all in the center or by their bottoms with one click. Right now, you have type in an X or Y value for every single image or letter you are trying to align.

I can grab 7 images and change their height all at once but I don't understand why I can't adjust their position all at once.ThumbDown

I completely agree. Align feature would make things so much easier/faster. It's a pretty basic feature as far as designing goes.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:59:14 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Char

No, what you are referring to is "constraint"......... JS has posted a picture of what alignment is. You are correct that there should be what is called "constraint"....... where the user can hold a key down and an object will rotate in 45 degree increments, a line will draw at 90 degrees, an object will size proportionately. That has been basic to all design software since MacPaint 30 years ago. Because features basic to design software are missing, it makes a basic task very time consuming. Computers users have come to expect these basic features to be there........ and to be available in the constant manner from software to software.

In every graphic software I have ever used, If i want to line up 3 squares vertically, all I have to do is select the 3 squares and use the alignment function to align all the objects selected. This is why I have asked you to look at other software (all which is free to try), because it's difficult to know what is missing from DeSpace and to discuss it when you don't know what other software has. It wasn't to convert you..... it was to give you a basis for comparison.

Edited by user Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:23:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GracefulGrammar Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 7:20:29 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
I completely agree. Align feature would make things so much easier/faster. It's a pretty basic feature as far as designing goes.

PC began selling software in 2007 with Design Studio....... and since then they have created 3 softwares...... Design Studio, Cricut Craft Room and Design Space. None of these softwares have ever included the basics; such as, alignment and distribution, even though users have requested these tools over and over again. Unfortunately, PC has never stuck with a software long enough to create a version 2......

Offset would create instant shadows....... the way a user has to create a shadow now (if PC hasn't included it with their graphic set) is archaic and often not accurate. It's my feeling, at the bare minimum, to be considered software for designers, as the CEO stated in his opening at the bloggers debut, that DeSpace needs to have alignment, distribution, and offset to make the Explore a competitor.

Visit some other crafting boards......... Cricut is just not discussed or if it is discussed, it's negative. I want to see this cutter be successful. It won't interest new people unless the software is stepped-up ASAP, imho. It needs to fly off the shelves at the box stores....... my Ms and Js still have Explores....... I live in a large urban area; and, I am very involved with the local paper crafting community. I am the only person who purchased an Explore.

The younger folks in this area are big time DYIers........ the high price of housing and cost of living on the west coast make DIY a necessity for many young families....... They aren't interested in the Explore! They expect more and can't get the features and functions they need from the current version of DeSpace. If PC needs/wants to attract and cultivate this young, new audience to stay financially viable, they need to create a software that will do that, catching up with the rest of the market in cutting ability and Print and Cut isn't going to be enough. The dual heads, while not original, are a great feature; but, this machine is only as good as the software that drives it.

Edited by user Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:53:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Olivia'sNana Offline
#30 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 10:33:15 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
You can't use the turning tool to do anything and then try to get the image back where you had it because there is nowhere to STOP anything. It seems there should be "notches/grooves" at the even points for you to be able to STOP where you want to line your images up where they were before.
Char

Char, I just discovered there is a way to do this. I was playing around with a cloud image welding, turning, flipping and such trying to get a group of clouds welded to make a bigger puffy cloud.

Anyway there are 3 ways you can rotate an image: you can freehand turn using the turning handle, you can also rotate it in 45degree increments and go back to any point by selecting edit, click on any circle the surrounds the larger circle in the rotate section of the edit tool box or you can enter manually in the box and use the up/down arrows to turn 1degree at a time.

Hope this helps
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.