Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lindafus38e686ad Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:12:48 AM(UTC)
lindafus38e686ad

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Blushing I have cut many many projects with my new Cricut Explore and have been very happy with the results so far up until now. Now, when cutting small cuts on patterns the paper keeps ripping. This did not happen when I first received the machine at all. I have changed the paper type increased the cut - cleaned the blade - changed the blade - changed the type of paper - changed to a new mat - still it is ripping the paper in small cuts. I am at a loss and want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Linda
BetsyBoo Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:50:15 AM(UTC)
BetsyBoo

Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Min ripped paper while doing small cuts but realized the paper was thin and cheap. Tried with thicker paper and worked like a charm.
poodlebone Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 9:17:59 AM(UTC)
poodlebone

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I had problems with thinner paper/cardstock but then the same image cut fine when I used thicker paper.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 3:22:20 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lindafus38e686ad Go to Quoted Post
Blushing I have cut many many projects with my new Cricut Explore and have been very happy with the results so far up until now. Now, when cutting small cuts on patterns the paper keeps ripping. This did not happen when I first received the machine at all. I have changed the paper type increased the cut - cleaned the blade - changed the blade - changed the type of paper - changed to a new mat - still it is ripping the paper in small cuts. I am at a loss and want to know if anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Thanks,

Linda

I have found that if you "decrease" the cut (if we're talking about the same thing when you say "increased the cut"), I can get a better cut on the thinner papers. Now, this is not to say it always works, but I have actually tried it with a really pretty paper I was experimenting with one day. It didn't work on the light cardstock setting so I turned the dial to the left one notch and it worked much better.

I really don't get that all upset when my machines won't work on some papers. They all work on MOST of the papers I use. If I can't get something to work, I do usually pick a heavier cardstock and go that route. ALSO, if your mat has any glitter or any other paper cuttings on the mat, the blade can drag. I ALWAYS use the bone folder to scrape my mat after EVERY cut. Many times you cannot see anything left behind.....but there is almost ALWAYS something on there that can and will affect your next cut.

I find that using the bone folder helps keep the glue riled up on my mat, too, and the glue seems to work longer on my mats. I rarely buy new ones. I do resticky my mats before I buy a new one, too.

Sorry you're having a problem; hope you can try something else. Let us know.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
PLZ do on 4/27/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:46:17 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2342 time(s) in 1258 post(s)
I decrease the pressure and speed and use multi cut in the custom settings.
CanadianRose Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:14:28 PM(UTC)
CanadianRose

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 899 time(s) in 477 post(s)
Have you tried cutting on the paper setting? Might work if your card is very thin.
MarthaJackson Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:16:45 AM(UTC)
MarthaJackson

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 42 post(s)
You might want to take the blade out and check for paper stuck in the mechanism.
PLZ do Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:26:23 PM(UTC)
PLZ do

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I have found that if you "decrease" the cut (if we're talking about the same thing when you say "increased the cut"), I can get a better cut on the thinner papers. Now, this is not to say it always works, but I have actually tried it with a really pretty paper I was experimenting with one day. It didn't work on the light cardstock setting so I turned the dial to the left one notch and it worked much better.

I really don't get that all upset when my machines won't work on some papers. They all work on MOST of the papers I use. If I can't get something to work, I do usually pick a heavier cardstock and go that route. ALSO, if your mat has any glitter or any other paper cuttings on the mat, the blade can drag. I ALWAYS use the bone folder to scrape my mat after EVERY cut. Many times you cannot see anything left behind.....but there is almost ALWAYS something on there that can and will affect your next cut.

I find that using the bone folder helps keep the glue riled up on my mat, too, and the glue seems to work longer on my mats. I rarely buy new ones. I do resticky my mats before I buy a new one, too.

Sorry you're having a problem; hope you can try something else. Let us know.

Char

Char, as always you are always sharing some tid bit that I learn from! Thanks

1 user thanked PLZ do for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/27/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 27, 2014 8:15:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PLZ do Go to Quoted Post
Char, as always you are always sharing some tid bit that I learn from! Thanks

I learned a lot of tid bits from all the enablers and posters when I started here in 2008; glad to share what I learned then and things I have learned myself along the way!

Before I was ever willing to OPEN my first EXPRESSION (it took me several months), I gleaned over almost every post on the MB (there was only one chat forum at the time) and picked up many, many tips and tricks for using my Expression. When I started using it, it felt very comfortable to me.

It is fun to try new things and learn from your mistakes....and, I have made plenty of them myself!

Thanks for letting me know I am helping you on your journey....as I know many others here are, too, PLZ!

Char